How to get pikablu.

Minamimoto

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you weren't old enough to play the original red and blue games, then this wouldn't make any sense.

When the games first came out the internet was full of crackpot theories on how to get certain Pokemon (most of which didn't actually exist). Several of them required surfing from the SS Anne to a small island that had a random truck on it and bring any number of pokemon combinations and then you're supposed to be able to push the truck and you'd find the special pokemon. Mew was the most popular pokemon to be "found" under the truck.

I don't remember them all, I know Pikablu was one of them, there were supposedly evolutions of the 3 starters beyond the Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. Around the time of the first movie everybody was talking about a MewThree (which was mistaken from Mewtwo in the mind control suit of Giovanni).

People claimed that they had actually obtained these special Pokemon, but it was all fake information.

The most famous and only one that kind of actually existed was "MissingNo" [Missing Number] which was nothing more than just a glitch in the game that couldn't be caught and was a one hit kill with no experience, but it also allowed you to get infinite amounds of what ever item was in your 7th slot (I think, it might have been 1st slot, it's been ages since I've played them) if you performed a specific order of things that involved talking to the old man in viridian city and then immediately flying to cinnibar island and surfing along the right hand cost of the island until you encountered "MissingNo"

(At the time of this post there had been 6 replies and 66 views, it's a sign of the impending apocalypse :P)

If you weren't old enough to play the original red and blue games, then this wouldn't make any sense.

When the games first came out the internet was full of crackpot theories on how to get certain Pokemon (most of which didn't actually exist). Several of them required surfing from the SS Anne to a small island that had a random truck on it and bring any number of pokemon combinations and then you're supposed to be able to push the truck and you'd find the special pokemon. Mew was the most popular pokemon to be "found" under the truck.

I don't remember them all, I know Pikablu was one of them, there were supposedly evolutions of the 3 starters beyond the Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. Around the time of the first movie everybody was talking about a MewThree (which was mistaken from Mewtwo in the mind control suit of Giovanni).

People claimed that they had actually obtained these special Pokemon, but it was all fake information.

The most famous and only one that kind of actually existed was "MissingNo" [Missing Number] which was nothing more than just a glitch in the game that couldn't be caught and was a one hit kill with no experience, but it also allowed you to get infinite amounds of what ever item was in your 7th slot (I think, it might have been 1st slot, it's been ages since I've played them) if you performed a specific order of things that involved talking to the old man in viridian city and then immediately flying to cinnibar island and surfing along the right hand cost of the island until you encountered "MissingNo"

(At the time of this post there had been 6 replies and 66 views, it's a sign of the impending apocalypse :P)

God, all this brings back so many memories!

The List.

A semi-complete list of the PokeGods. If you know of any more, let me know and I'll add them. Also, if you have information on any of the PokeGods that's missing, I'll add that as well, as well as any pictures, i.e. sprites or "screen-shots".

Pikablu - Marill was known as "Pikablu", and was perhaps the most infamous of the PokeGods. It was called so because it was thought to be a water-type Pikachu, and though the official Japanese name had been released with the picture, it was ignored.

Elemental Pikachus.

Basically, since there was "a water-type Pikachu", people thought there would be other elemental Pikachu, too.

Said to be either Pikachu evolutions, or to evolve from Raichu.

Pikablu/Pikablue - Water.

Raiblu - Water. The Raichu version of Pikablu.

Pikaflare - Fire.

Pikabud - Grass.

Electrachu -

Evolutions of Existing Pokemon.

Most came from the idea that you could find the Mist Stone, which could evolve any Pokemon.

Venusaur --> Sapusaur

Charizard --> Charcoalt/Charcolt

Blastoise --> Rainer

Butterfree --> Lucustud

Beedrill --> Beepin

Omanyte --> Omnamist

Gengar --> Spooky

Raticate --> Raticlaw

Nidoking --> Nidogod

Nidoqueen --> Nidogoddess

Golduck --> Pearduck

Sandslash --> Sandswipes

Flareon --> Flareth/Flarith

Eevee --> Lunareon

Eevee --> Solareon

Mew --> Corona Mew/Cyro Mew/Chrona Mew/Chrono Mew/Crono Mew

Mewtwo --> Mewthree

Completely Fabricated Pokemon.

PokeGods that were seemingly based on nothing.

Tricket*

Anthrax

Millenium

Mysterio

Ruin

Psybir

Psybird

Doomsay

Doomsday

Hifishi

list taken from http://pokemonhighway.virtuaboard.com/first-generation-discussion-f17/pokegods-t1186.htm

...then surf down 3 more tiles and then left until you find an island...

MissingNo could be caught! I remember, it learned 2 Water Guns. O.o

Sorry, Minamimito.

...Then you teach a Diglett Fly (only do-able on the tile six spaces down and three to the left)...

Though, if you did catch MissingNo it would screw up your Hall of Fame data.

yeah im pretty sure you could use the trick for finding missingno to make any pokemon in the game appear on the shoreline you had to surf, i think it was random and i dont think mew ever appeared but theres also a glitch to catch him that i actually tested to see if it worked and it did, also missingno sometimes had other more glitchy names.

Have the item you wanted duplicated in the 6th slot (if I recall), fly to Viridian, talk to the old man and watch him capture the Weedle, fly to Cinnabar and surf up and down the coast of the East side of Cinnabar, when you encounter MissingNo, beat/capture him and look at your items, voila.

I was in about 4th grade or so when RBY hit the scenes... I played sick a lot back then. ;D

If I remember right, though, you COULD get Mew indirectly through the MissingNo glitch by sheer luck. Since he caused other random things to appear on the shoreline, and it depended on your trainer ID, you could have theoretically been lucky enough for one of them to be Mew. I could be wrong, it's been such a long time.

The best thing ever, though, was my friend catching a MissingNo and it having the ability "Water Gun", NOT the attack, but the TM. When he used it in battle, it apparently overwrote one of the opponents moves with Water Gun. ;D

what is pikablu??

someone please tell me thanks ^^

Pikablu is Marill.

Anyways, at some point in Red, I managed to glitch the game to give me two bicycles in my items menu, not sure how, but it meant I now had a bike to ride on, and a bike to come off of, ah the simple things.

I also managed to have a level two hundred and something with a glitched Snorlax from Cinnabar and giving it multiple rare candies, there would be a point where it would go back to level one, so the fun ended quickly however.

There are legimate walkthroughs that show you how to get a level seven Mew in R/B/Y, although Yellow does have an alternate walkthrough because it was "vastly" different.

Dear God, DeadPool! I do believe your nerddom has been proven! ...Enjoy your insanity... ...I'm enjoying mine >>o

Oh the lulz of RBY hackery. Back when the internets didn't exist, and we found out out of sheer boredom...

...then you face your pikachu and use rock smash...

That's really mean XDDD