2 Questions (ready to be flamed)

Duplicated

@damio: I guess I could narrow down question #1 to: if I edit a legit pokemon by making it shiny only, would my pokemon still be somewhat legit? And, what if I edit some of its IVs and/or EVs, would my pokemon turn completely illegit??? Lastly, will all those edits create trash bites in my sav file?

For WonderCard files listed in event pokemons page, why do some of them marked as PGT only?

if you only tick the shiny option ... then the answer is no , it won't be legit and it wont be legal ..

if you only change the IV only without changing the PID , it won't be legit and it wont be legal ..

last Qs, all of those editing using pokesav will leave a trace on your savefile ^^

... FYI legit pokemon can only be produced by the game itself ^^...

To erase the pokesav traces of a 100% LEGAL pokemon you've to trade your pokemon to D/P and then trade back to your game, or (more simply) just put them on GTS and take back off :). Then you'll not have problems.

Just upload the pokemon onto GTS then take it back? lol so easy.

if you only tick the shiny option ... then the answer is no , it won't be legit and it wont be legal ..

if you only change the IV only without changing the PID , it won't be legit and it wont be legal ..

last Qs, all of those editing using pokesav will leave a trace on your savefile ^^

... FYI legit pokemon can only be produced by the game itself ^^...

Ok. So any alterations to pokemons render them both illegit and illegal, right?

(Can't I change its PID also to make it at least legit?)

Without going into too many details, Wild caught Pokemon have a certain relationship between their PID and IVs. If you change those to be an illegit combo, the Pokemon won't be legit.

Hatched Pokemon have absolutely no relation between IVs and PID, so you can have any combination of them.

Changes EVs won't effect legitness, as long as they stay under 510.

Just upload the pokemon onto GTS then take it back? lol so easy.

Ok. So any alterations to pokemons render them both illegit and illegal, right?

(Can't I change its PID also to make it at least legit?)

Err... I believe Pokesav only leaves traces on your save file. The PKM files would be fine as they are.

Probably not legit. But if you can be bothered (PID, hex values, trash bytes, correct ability-class alignment, etc.), you might be able to create/alter into a legal one.

You can change the PID to make it legal, but not legit. Or just make it hatched. That way, you can have any PID combination you please.

As Duplicated said, legit Pokemon can only be generated by the game, but then again, it's a matter of knowledge and perception whether to care if the Pokemon is legal or legit.

Yeah, as other people said. Editing Pokémon with any external device makes them legal, and not legit. If you change it to be shiny, then you have to change things to match, or it'll be considered illegal. Get a good shiny PID, make the IVs, Nature, and Ability match. Changing EVs will only cause it to be legal and not fully legit as long as it stays within realistic realms. Staying at or below 510 EVs, 255 in each stat, etc.

Other things that can make legal Pokémon illegal are things like the Hidden Hex values, location caught, and other minor details. It's really a lot.