Narwhal and Illithian's Sig Thread (Archive)

Narwhal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys need to provide a reason for wanting to close this thread and start another one. Things would get pretty cluttered if everyone did this.

As you can see, there is not a 1000 post limit, so that can't be the reason why.

If you do have a good reason, we can open the new thread back up and lock this one.

i think that the new thread could be for simply requests. only requests would go in the new thread and all detail explaining and such could be done through pm's or a instant message system like msn and the archive, this thread, could be used for posting the signature for pick up.

but it's narwhal's thread and my idea might not make as much sense as it does to me right now :P

I don't mind keeping this thread, but it is pretty big. Biggest thread in the Creative Discussion. How about we close it at 2000 posts? Then it will be huge.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

omg ive posted it like 500 times (not really) and i wanted a desktop bg with mews on it like what was done with my sig of course the bg wouldnt have my user name. (i cant believe this is the last request >.>)

Umm... I can't do it right now, but when I get some time I will. :)

2000 posts! Amazing, that will be after a while i suppose... I had hoped that the 1000 post will be for you NarWall.

Yeah, that would have been cool. I'll try to get post #1111. :)

Guested: Now that you mention it. You're right. The only reason was that there were a lot of pages. But you could always use the "Search This Thread" thing. We won't close it. Can you unlock the newer one so I can delete it? Lol, I can't even remember why I wanted to close this one in the first place. :P

Edit: Heh, most people like the shiny Jirachi userbar most. :P Everyone loves shiny pokemon... :rolleyes:

Narwhal, I'm thinking we might want to make a new banner. Our current banner is a little... boring?

Sorry I've been gone. Real life has taken its toll, with fall sports starting, school coming up, getting ready for all of that, its been pretty crazy. Still I hope I can do some art work every once in a while.

Anyway, heres my reasoning why we might want to end this thread.

Firstly, I'm going to say we should end this at page 100. I'd be willing to go through 100 full pages, copy the links for every piece of artwork we've made, index them, and send them to you, Narwhal, so you can put them up on the front page so people can easily browse through our archive. I'm not going to do this until the thread gets closed, and the larger it gets, the less likely I am to want to get it done.

Secondly, theres no point to having an absolutely massive thread. I do like how our thread has plenty of fun discussion in it, and I think that should be continued, but we shouldn't let this thread get huge. Theres no reason to. We might as well create a new thread, to start fresh, because all the artwork of the artists has massively improved since the beginning. In any case I think it'd be better to have a new thread.

Finally, we could archive this thread. I already stated in post one that I don't want to index all the artwork here if it gets to be like 200 pages, but at 100, I'd be willing to, and its not so great a task. It would look good for any requester if we have a 100 page archive. On some forums with a 20 page limit, that would be a full 5 seperate posts. =o

In any case, I actually think a 100 page limit should be created and enforced, just so threads don't get too big and it allows new threads to spring up. Many people are intimidated by giant threads, but newer, smaller ones encourage people to come in and read whats been happening.

Narwhal, I'm thinking we might want to make a new banner. Our current banner is a little... boring?

Sorry I've been gone. Real life has taken its toll, with fall sports starting, school coming up, getting ready for all of that, its been pretty crazy. Still I hope I can do some art work every once in a while.

Anyway, heres my reasoning why we might want to end this thread.

Firstly, I'm going to say we should end this at page 100. I'd be willing to go through 100 full pages, copy the links for every piece of artwork we've made, index them, and send them to you, Narwhal, so you can put them up on the front page so people can easily browse through our archive. I'm not going to do this until the thread gets closed, and the larger it gets, the less likely I am to want to get it done.

Secondly, theres no point to having an absolutely massive thread. I do like how our thread has plenty of fun discussion in it, and I think that should be continued, but we shouldn't let this thread get huge. Theres no reason to. We might as well create a new thread, to start fresh, because all the artwork of the artists has massively improved since the beginning. In any case I think it'd be better to have a new thread.

Finally, we could archive this thread. I already stated in post one that I don't want to index all the artwork here if it gets to be like 200 pages, but at 100, I'd be willing to, and its not so great a task. It would look good for any requester if we have a 100 page archive. On some forums with a 20 page limit, that would be a full 5 seperate posts. =o

In any case, I actually think a 100 page limit should be created and enforced, just so threads don't get too big and it allows new threads to spring up. Many people are intimidated by giant threads, but newer, smaller ones encourage people to come in and read whats been happening.

I agree. Do you want to make one?

You have a good point.

That seems like a lot of work to archive all of them. I can help if you want. I could do half of it.

I think it is a good idea to not let this thread get huge, and everyone's sig skills have improved.

I think we should make a new thread.

How about ZIP the artworks and attach instead?

Because that file would be absolutely ginormous and completely pointless to make people download every file instead of just see links.

I agree. Do you want to make one?

Sure, but not right now. When I get home I'll see if I'm inspired.

That seems like a lot of work to archive all of them. I can help if you want. I could do half of it.

That would be helpful.

I think it is a good idea to not let this thread get huge, and everyone's sig skills have improved.

I think we should make a new thread.

Definitely.

wow. i really need to be here more. as u know i havent been here lately, and im pretty busy. as a matter of fact, i still have homework to do. its been good guys. i really like this thread. and u guys rock. but im afraid my artist days are over.(at least til summer)

maybe ill pop up and fill in somethin every now and now again.