VGC '10 Organized Play - More Details

It seems it just got posted, the only thing left is just locations and style of the tournament.

Anyone here going to go? I'm going to make an attempt like last year! I loved the trek I had last year, up 28 hours, walked to Phoenix's Regionals from the Bus and back, might just do so again!

One thing that caught me off guard, you can list 4 Restricted Pokemon, but common sense calls for you always using the 2 other non-restricted.

Just one thing, single elimination like last year for Regionals?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/video/

Sorry for being like the announcements, I really just want to see if anyone will try to participate.

I'll be participating, assuming that this year's will be in Tennessee, too.

I mean, I went last year; I got Ursaring. Guess who got selected? TEDDIURSA AND SLUGMA SFKDAFGDASFGDS.

I almost fear it this time around, however.

Legendaries don't scare me. EV-trained legendaries scare me; I don't think I've ever had one Wi-Fi Uber battle because I'm too perfection-y with IVs, etc and too busy to soft reset for them. @__@;

I really don't have enough practice, let alone double battle practice.

Regardless, I'm amped. xD

Just the sheer fact that most UBERS are allowed (yet Celebi, the Pokemon with 7 weaknesses ISN'T) is insane. How many Kyogre/Palkia teams will there be? And the rules about them are silly. Blissey is awesome in uber doubles.

I don't have the stats on hand, but Kyogre/Palkia double teams typically win almost 70% of the time.

Ineligible Pokémon

The following Pokémon NOT eligible for use in the tournament:

* 151 – Mew

* 251 – Celebi

* 385 – Jirachi

* 386 – Deoxys

* 489 – Phione

* 490 – Manaphy

* 491 – Darkrai

* 492 – Shaymin

* 493 – Arceus

Restricted Pokémon

During battle, a player’s team of four Pokémon may not have more than two Pokémon from the list below. A player’s Team Information Sheet may contain up to four Pokémon from the list below, as long as two non-restricted Pokémon are also listed on the sheet.

* 150 – Mewtwo

* 249 – Lugia

* 250 – Ho-Oh

* 382 – Kyogre

* 383 – Groudon

* 384 – Rayquaza

* 483 – Dialga

* 484 – Palkia

* 487 – Giratina

Oh boy o_O

Although, to be fair, getting a legend with the right IVs is disgustingly hard. But even without the right IVs, those Pokemon are still scary. I don't know... I believe the Pokemon that are not allowed are only chosen by their availability or something... seeing how most of them are are the 600 BST Pixies...

That's exactly right, wraith. They ban Pokemon base on availability and levels previously, so any Pokemon over level 50 (or reaches it's final evolved form after level 50) was banned. This caused Pokemon such as Rayquaza, Dialga, and Palkia to be banned. Even though they were available, they didn't match the levels requirement. Availability previously caused Rotom to be banned due to the Secret Key. But with HG/SS, that's now easily obtainable without an event.

It seems they've relaxed the levels requirement.

Some people who use NetBattle, which has a simulator to do VGC 2010 stuff ready, have said Kyogre and Rayquaza are the two big threats due to their abilities.

Personally, I won't worry about constructing a team until dates are actually announced. If it's in my city (doubtful), I'll go. If it's elsewhere, meh, I probably won't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Honestly it's not hard you can get them legit with great ivs I have plenty legit flawless Ubers and legends

here just google: pokemon rng smogon it's something one of our members mingot discovered and it makes catching and breeding legit flawless shinies and ubers easy I'm competing in the VGC tourny this year and my team so far is undeafeated in all it's test matches so i'm ready to go

I gotta fly from Nebraska to pheonix however

Just the sheer fact that most UBERS are allowed (yet Celebi, the Pokemon with 7 weaknesses ISN'T) is insane. How many Kyogre/Palkia teams will there be? And the rules about them are silly. Blissey is awesome in uber doubles.

I don't have the stats on hand, but Kyogre/Palkia double teams typically win almost 70% of the time.

this isn't true at all a simple fake out pokemon with say a metagross explosion lead or a protect explosion lead easily takes both of these out

main thing to worry about is smeargle leads with dark void, quiet dailga and brave t-tar leads because if they manage to pull a TR it's game. Mewtwo and latias is a deadly combination, but the absolute number 1 pokemon you do not ever want to play against is Lugia it is so bulky that without a reflect it can live a max attack adamant metagross explosion plus it can be a calm mind attack toxic staller anything is possible with this gal from attacking to dual screening

however blissey is good in uber doubles but not here since most mewtwo's will be packing self-destruct for that very reason but dont let that stop you from running her blissey can be a good asset to anyteam in fact I'm running a psych up blissey it is the greatest thing ever especially when it picks up calm minds with psych up then it slows down my opponents with icy wind