Question about new pokemon home Update PKHeX

Whitelion

Hi Guys 🙂👋, I'm a bit confused about the pokemon HOME update recently released by Nintendo.
As I understand it, since this update, the pokemon of all pokemon games for switch, are transferable, and therefore obtainable. Is this correct or am I wrong?

Basically I should be able to find in the dating database an infernape or a greninja too right?

1 hour ago, Whitelion said:

Hi Guys 🙂👋, I'm a bit confused about the pokemon HOME update recently released by Nintendo.
As I understand it, since this update, the pokemon of all pokemon games for switch, are transferable, and therefore obtainable. Is this correct or am I wrong?

Basically I should be able to find in the dating database an infernape or a greninja too right?

Not quite, they stopped adding all pokemon to the games so you can only transfer the pokemon that are found in a specific game.

For example, Infernape can only be sent to BDSP and PLA, and Greninja can only be sent to SV.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Desmondcsz said:

Not quite, they stopped adding all pokemon to the games so you can only transfer the pokemon that are found in a specific game.

For example, Infernape can only be sent to BDSP and PLA, and Greninja can only be sent to SV.

What do you mean by BDSP, PLA and SV?

So, for example, to have infernape or primeape on pokemon sword, do I have to transfer them to pokemon home, and then to pokemon sword?
Since the PKHeX is compatible with all games, couldn't it generate it?
I mean, if I load a save of pokemon Shining Diamond, and create an infernape, save it on the pc, and load it on a PKHeX save of Pokemon Sword?
Even if the format is different, some pokemon files saved by Pokemon Sword are loaded without problems on Pokemon Scarlet, obviously without Dynamax.

7 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

What do you mean by BDSP, PLA and SV?

So, for example, to have infernape or primeape on pokemon sword, do I have to transfer them to pokemon home, and then to pokemon sword?
Since the PKHeX is compatible with all games, couldn't it generate it?
I mean, if I load a save of pokemon Shining Diamond, and create an infernape, save it on the pc, and load it on a PKHeX save of Pokemon Sword?
Even if the format is different, some pokemon files saved by Pokemon Sword are loaded without problems on Pokemon Scarlet, obviously without Dynamax.

To use your example: Infernape isn't coded into Sword and Shield at all. So, Pokémon HOME won't let you transfer an Infernape into Sword. Therefore, PKHeX will also not allow you to load an Infernape.pk8 file into a Sword save, since it simply would not work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

To use your example: Infernape isn't coded into Sword and Shield at all. So, Pokémon HOME won't let you transfer an Infernape into Sword. Therefore, PKHeX will also not allow you to load an Infernape.pk8 file into a Sword save, since it simply would not work.

OK thank you.
What I don't understand, is that on the nintendo site, it is specified that I can transfer all the pokemon I send to pokemon home, they don't say that there are pokemon that cannot be transferred.

The only limitation I read, concerns 3ds games, which can only send but not receive pokemon.

Thank you so much again for the response, i very appreciate

11 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

OK thank you.
What I don't understand, is that on the nintendo site, it is specified that I can transfer all the pokemon I send to pokemon home, they don't say that there are pokemon that cannot be transferred.

The only limitation I read, concerns 3ds games, which can only send but not receive pokemon.

Thank you so much again for the response, i very appreciate

There's some small print somewhere that states that you can only transfer Pokémon that are compatible with each game. They didn't put in models for all 1010 Pokémon in every game, so you can't just transfer them with a save file.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

There's some small print somewhere that states that you can only transfer Pokémon that are compatible with each game. They didn't put in models for all 1010 Pokémon in every game, so you can't just transfer them with a save file.

Yes, but as I told you, they say that the incompatible games are only those for 3ds, the games for switch are all compatible with each other, apart from transferring pokemon in reverse chronological order.....for example I can't move Koraidon to pokemon sword, but i can move all pokemon from pokemon sword to pokemon scarlet.

So in Pokemon Sword you can move pokemon from previous versions, such as Shining Diamond, from Home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaCAdz_wYTU

anyway it's a pity that they are not encoded in the games, I wonder what Nintendo has in mind, after all the main purpose since the first pokemon red and blue game was to catch them all.............

Edited by Whitelion

13 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

Yes, but as I told you, they say that the incompatible games are only those for 3ds, the games for switch are all compatible with each other, apart from transferring pokemon in reverse chronological order.....for example I can't move Koraidon to pokemon sword, but i can move all pokemon from pokemon sword to pokemon scarlet.

So in Pokemon Sword you can move pokemon from previous versions, such as Shining Diamond, from Home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaCAdz_wYTU

Several problems with that:

• Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl came after Sword and Shield, not the other way around
  • There are no "incompatible games". Each Pokémon may or may not be compatible with each game. For example: Infernape can be moved into Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl and Legends: Arceus, but not Sword and Shield or Scarlet and Violet, because games since Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee do not include every Pokémon from previous games in their data, like games up to Sun and Moon did. You have to check what species can be transferred into each game.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Diversi problemi con questo:

• Brilliant Diamond e Shining Pearl sono arrivati dopo Sword and Shield, non il contrario
  • Non ci sono "giochi incompatibili". Ogni Pokémon può o non può essere compatibile con ogni gioco. Ad esempio: Infernape può essere spostato in Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl e Legends: Arceus, ma non Sword and Shield o Scarlet and Violet, perché i giochi da Let's Go Pikachu e Let's Go Eevee non includono tutti i Pokémon dei giochi precedenti nei loro dati, come facevano i giochi fino a Sun and Moon. Devi controllare quali specie possono essere trasferite in ogni gioco.

thank you so much for your help, i very appreciate it 🙂👍

it's really strange that fans don't complain that they can't catch all the pokemon in their games even by transferring them, who knows if one day we will see a full game again........................................😔

On 6/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, Whitelion said:

thank you so much for your help, i very appreciate it 🙂👍

it's really strange that fans don't complain that they can't catch all the pokemon in their games even by transferring them, who knows if one day we will see a full game again........................................😔

You're welcome!

Fans did complain. There was a whole "Dexit" scandal (referencing Brexit) when Sword and Shield came out. Technically, this trend started with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but those were considered side games, so people found it acceptable. Sword and Shield were the first mainline games to not include the full National Pokédex, and people complained a lot. However, the games still sold well, so Game Freak got the message: "They will complain, but they will buy the games anyway, so the extra work would not pay off". They fixed it somewhat with the DLC (a lot of old Pokémon came back, even if not all of them), and we will probably see the same with Scarlet/Violet and their DLC.

• Like 1

I mean in general, that's the thing for the popular franchises. People will complain, and still buy the games.

Also, if we turn our focus away from the naysayers for a moment, and focus on reality:

What franchise spans across 20 years with over a thousand characters in 3D models, and all still fully usable, and releases on a yearly to biennial schedules? You're probably going to have to cut down at least one of those aspects eventually..

On comparison I heard is Yokai Watch, and I was told they don't really carry forward all their creatures into the next installment..

Anyhow, I'm not going to disagree with which one aspect to cut down on, but the point is they chose to cut down one, and the act of cutting down something makes sense.

• Like 1