Seeking help regarding 6IV PkHex edits

Malhakai

Hi all,

I'm completely brand new to PkHex, being a long time Pokemon player. I am completing a living dex, starting with FRLG, and working through every single generation game (OCD, but I want all to have me as OT and to be from the region they were first introduced).

Anyway, while doing this mission I was planning on 6IV breeding pokemon I like, however breeding is horrible/impossible to 6IV in older generations. I just started trying out PkHex, but can't seem to have any with 6IV following the RNG reporter. I know that players in Sword & Shield sending 6IV pokemon through GTS, so I felt there must be a way to change a pokemon to 6IV. Am I missing something, or is PkHex limited?

Thank-you for your time, 🙂

Where do you want to keep the living dex? The actual game (FR, platinum, black, etc) or move it online to Pokémon bank/home. If it’s in the actual game I think you can get the living dex for that generation, then edit the IV with pkhex and set them all at 31.

if you want to move it to bank/home, this is what I would do:

Catch/breed the Pokémon of each generation on its game. Export the save game with pkhex and download/export the Pokémon in individual files.

Get your save game from SM/USUM and import the Pokémon from previous generations using pkhex.

use the script feature to set all IV to 31. I can’t remember the exact commands, but there are post on the forum to mass edit pokemons.

Upload them to bank (it will be free in one year, it’s $5 now), then move them to HOME

Catch/breed, then mass edit gen 8 pokemons, then upload to home

Certain pokemons are not available on sword/shield so Pokémon bank is a must.

7 hours ago, PLAFiles said:

Have you tried PokeFinder instead? Not sure if it will make a difference but it's way more updated than RNG Reporter last was.

https://github.com/Admiral-Fish/PokeFinder/releases/tag/v4.0.0

Oh I wasn't aware of PokeFinder, I'll try that thank-you

4 hours ago, ryuko2002 said:

Where do you want to keep the living dex? The actual game (FR, platinum, black, etc) or move it online to Pokémon bank/home. If it’s in the actual game I think you can get the living dex for that generation, then edit the IV with pkhex and set them all at 31.

if you want to move it to bank/home, this is what I would do:

Catch/breed the Pokémon of each generation on its game. Export the save game with pkhex and download/export the Pokémon in individual files.

Get your save game from SM/USUM and import the Pokémon from previous generations using pkhex.

use the script feature to set all IV to 31. I can’t remember the exact commands, but there are post on the forum to mass edit pokemons.

Upload them to bank (it will be free in one year, it’s $5 now), then move them to HOME

Certain pokemons are not available on sword/shield so Pokémon bank is a must.

I was planning to eventually move the living dex to Bank and Home. I believe I have all the necessary hardware to do this too, bascially trading via link cable, then Park Pal, Poke Transfer Lab etc until I have access to Bank, which is easy from there on.

I'm not familiar with using a script feature as you've suggested to mass modify all IVs, I should look into that more!

Thank-you for your post, I appreciate the assistance.

5 hours ago, ryuko2002 said:

If it’s in the actual game I think you can get the living dex for that generation, then edit the IV with pkhex and set them all at 31.

This is not good advice. Manually altering the stats to all 31 using the batch editor will not work for Pokémon with a PIDIV correlation, which many encounters from Gen 3 and Gen 8 have. Editing them in this way without recalculating the PID (and potentially Height/Weight, EC, Nature, Gender, etc.) will cause it to become illegal. However, if they are Raid Den, Max Lair, or Legends Arceus wild encounters, PKHeX will not flag them despite them being illegal, which is worse because then you can't tell you've made an error without additional effort to reverse the seed.

Please disregard the advice to just "set them all to 6IV" and use the guides below:

Edited by Atrius97
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atrius97 said:

This is not good advice. Manually altering the stats to all 31 using the batch editor will not work for Pokémon with a PIDIV correlation, which many encounters from Gen 3 and Gen 8 have. Editing them in this way without recalculating the PID (and potentially Height/Weight, EC, Nature, Gender, etc.) will cause it to become illegal. However, if they are Raid Den, Max Lair, or Legends Arceus wild encounters, PKHeX will not flag them despite them being illegal, which is worse because then you can't tell you've made an error without additional effort to reverse the seed.

Please disregard the advice to just "set them all to 6IV" and use the guides below:

Thank-you. I was already following this guide before posting, and am able to edit the save file of Heartgold to change the nature, and two of the six IVs to 31, but I can't change it to 6IV while being legal.

I'm only trying to alter/edit pokemon from earlier generations (bascially before destiny knot was introduced). I love breeding, and often breed perfect 6 IV pokemon in recent generations, but since that is impossible in earlier generations I thought I'd try PkHex. 

Is there a way to legally change a pokemon in earlier generations to have 6IVs?

28 minutes ago, Malhakai said:

but I can't change it to 6IV while being legal.

I'm only trying to alter/edit pokemon from earlier generations (bascially before destiny knot was introduced). I love breeding, and often breed perfect 6 IV pokemon in recent generations, but since that is impossible in earlier generations I thought I'd try PkHex. 

Is there a way to legally change a pokemon in earlier generations to have 6IVs?

Wild encounters on older Gens have about only 6 possible natures for Flawless IVs.
I would imagine you're probably using one of the natures it can't possibly have (for flawless IVs).

A few alternatives:
- Just hyper train the mon (if the mon is physically in Gen 7 and above). Functionally 6IVs in battle.
- Hatch the mon, instead of using a wild encounter variant
- Avoid using mon's caught in Gen 3/4/8 games altogether. For Gen 3/4 mons, many of them can be caught in other games.
- Give up on 6 flawless IVs. Have 1 or 2 of the IVs be random. This would allow you to use other natures.
- For mon's caught in Gen 3/4, disable shininess checking when first finding the PIDIV combo. Find the PIDIV combo first, then find a corresponding TIDSID that would allow shininess (I think that's in the guide too)

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Wild encounters on older Gens have about only 6 possible natures for Flawless IVs.
I would imagine you're probably using one of the natures it can't possibly have (for flawless IVs).

A few alternatives:
- Just hyper train the mon (if the mon is physically in Gen 7 and above). Functionally 6IVs in battle.
- Hatch the mon, instead of using a wild encounter variant
- Not use mon's caught in Gen 3/4/8. For Gen 3/4 mons, many of them can be caught in other games.
- Give up on 6 flawless IVs. Have 1 or 2 of IVs be random. This would allow you to use other natures.
- Disable shininess. Find the PIDIV combo first, then find a corresponding TIDSID that would allow shininess (I think that's in the guide too)

Thank-you for your reply.

I truly dislike hyper training, wish I did because it would make it easier but I really don't like it ha. I feel like the odd one out, as I dislike shiny appearances too, so I'm not trying to have shiny in the editing. Just 6IVs.

What natures have flawless IVs in the earlier generations? I don't mind having the right nature, as that can be changed via a mint later on. IVs however, that is my focus on being flawless (the same as what I bred in the current generations). 

5 minutes ago, Malhakai said:

Thank-you for your reply.

I truly dislike hyper training, wish I did because it would make it easier but I really don't like it ha. I feel like the odd one out, as I dislike shiny appearances too, so I'm not trying to have shiny in the editing. Just 6IVs.

What natures have flawless IVs in the earlier generations? I don't mind having the right nature, as that can be changed via a mint later on. IVs however, that is my focus on being flawless (the same as what I bred in the current generations). 

I can't remember off the top of my head. If you were to search 6IVs, but not indicate any nature, see what shows up.

Given Pokefinder also filters the species entries by route and encounter slots, it may not be truly possible for every encounter to have 6IVs, which is another thing that would stand in your way.

Once again, I urge you to consider dropping flawless IVs.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I can't remember off the top of my head. If you were to search 6IVs, but not indicate any nature, see what shows up.

Given Pokefinder also filters the species entries by route and encounter slots, it may not be truly possible for every encounter to have 6IVs, which is another thing that would stand in your way.

Once again, I urge you to consider dropping flawless IVs.

Thank-you, I'll try to see if I can find a nature with 6IVs. 

How do modders/genners etc edit a pokemon to have 6IVs if it isn't through PkHex? When playing Sword & Shield, Pokemon are received via GTS with names like Machamps.com etc with 6IVs, advertising their service to edit. 

9 minutes ago, Malhakai said:

Thank-you, I'll try to see if I can find a nature with 6IVs. 

How do modders/genners etc edit a pokemon to have 6IVs if it isn't through PkHex? When playing Sword & Shield, Pokemon are received via GTS with names like Machamps.com etc with 6IVs, advertising their service to edit. 

they probably edit it through PKHeX.

Just because a mon is illegal doesn't mean the mon can't be used. Just because PKHeX flags it illegal doesn't mean it stops you from saving.
Sadly those punks probably just use PKHeX.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

they probably edit it through PKHeX.

Just because a mon is illegal doesn't mean the mon can't be used. Just because PKHeX flags it illegal doesn't mean it stops you from saving.
Sadly those punks probably just use PKHeX.

Ahhh, I see. Well I'd like to do it legally, so I shall follow advice given and really appreciate the information 🙂 Thank-you

• Like 1