PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Were you playing on an emulator?

Ohhh, wait, now that I think about it, playing GBA games on the DSi is actually emulation as the device doesn't have hardware to run DS games, isn't it? I'm guessing the CPU timings aren't emulated correctly and I have to fix the IVs by using the ones from method 1 that came up on RNG Reporter. It would seem like PKHeX is correct on that.

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I mean there’s no GBA slot on the DSi, so that sounds correct.

Gotcha, the method 1 IVs are marked legal so PKHeX is working as intended. I had no idea emulation can mess up sometimes, just did some research on this exact issue and it's awesome to learn something new. Thank you and the team for looking into this!

Posted (edited)

I'm running into a weird issue concerning ability slots. I'm modifying a fire red save and sometimes pkhex seems to give a differing ability slot compared to what pokefinder/rngreporter displays.

On pokefinder, method 1 PID 05F13E0B correlates with ability slot 1 (2nd ability), but on pkhex it correlates with the first ability (slot 0). If I try to change the ability to the appropriate slot, it flags as illegal.

Edited by S720z

35 minutes ago, S720z said:

I'm running into a weird issue concerning ability slots. I'm modifying a fire red save and sometimes pkhex seems to give a differing ability slot compared to what pokefinder/rngreporter displays.

On pokefinder, method 1 PID 05F13E0B correlates with ability slot 1 (2nd ability), but on pkhex it correlates with the first ability (slot 0). If I try to change the ability to the appropriate slot, it flags as illegal.

If a pokemon does not have two distinct abilities, then it cannot have the second ability slot.

• 1 month later...

1. How you caught the mon:
Location: Genuine Pokewalker/HeartGold Transfer on 3DS, Yellow Forest route
Level: 10
All Changes: No changes

2. See attached

3. Version of PKHeX you're using: 20240727

4. Issue: This Pikachu was freshly caught and transferred from my pokewalker to my HeartGold cart on my 3DS but when viewed in the PkHex box it shows a legality issue. When put into the editor and evaluated for legality, PkHex says it is legal and corrects the error mark to a checkmark. When a copy of the Pikachu is put into the box, no legality error is shown even without checking for legality. Weirdly, no legality issues show for the Volt Tackle Pikachu caught at the same time using the same method (I will upload that one if needed). This is hopefuly just a trivial GUI issue, especially considering the Pikachu in question is the most basic type from the Yellow Forest Route, but I thought you might like to know about this bug(?) anyway just to be sure.

0025 - PIKACHU - 0185AB00000A.pk4

2 hours ago, HappyMaractus said:

1. How you caught the mon:
Location: Genuine Pokewalker/HeartGold Transfer on 3DS, Yellow Forest route
Level: 10
All Changes: No changes

2. See attached

3. Version of PKHeX you're using: 20240727

4. Issue: This Pikachu was freshly caught and transferred from my pokewalker to my HeartGold cart on my 3DS but when viewed in the PkHex box it shows a legality issue. When put into the editor and evaluated for legality, PkHex says it is legal and corrects the error mark to a checkmark. When a copy of the Pikachu is put into the box, no legality error is shown even without checking for legality. Weirdly, no legality issues show for the Volt Tackle Pikachu caught at the same time using the same method (I will upload that one if needed). This is hopefuly just a trivial GUI issue, especially considering the Pikachu in question is the most basic type from the Yellow Forest Route, but I thought you might like to know about this bug(?) anyway just to be sure.

0025 - PIKACHU - 0185AB00000A.pk4 236 B · 1 download

Attached file has no issues.

To check legality in box, hold control when right clicking.

Checking Legality in the box yielded the following, which was conveniently copied to clipboard:

Invalid: Move 4 PP is above the amount allowed.
===

Valid Move 1: HGSS-Default move.
Valid Move 2: HGSS-Default move.
Valid Move 3: HGSS-Default move.
Valid Move 4: Empty Move.

Valid: Nickname matches species name.
Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: All ribbons accounted for.
Valid: Ability matches ability number.
Valid: Correct ball for encounter type.
Valid: Form is Valid.
Valid: Gender matches PID.
Valid: Nature matches PID.
Valid: Encounter Type matches encounter.
===

Encounter Type: Pokéwalker Encounter (YellowForest) (Pikachu)
PID Type: Pokewalker

I need help!

I'm having this very repetitive problem with the latest version of PKhex, older versions mark them as legal, but the latest version all the time throws this error:

17232729623635191147900925371704.jpg

4 hours ago, lokiike said:

I need help!

I'm having this very repetitive problem with the latest version of PKhex, older versions mark them as legal, but the latest version all the time throws this error:

17232729623635191147900925371704.jpg

Read the first post of this thread again:

NOT FOR USER MISTAKES OR TROUBLESHOOTING HELP.

The message is clear enough to help you fix your mistake you made creating the data months ago.

On 8/7/2024 at 6:16 PM, HappyMaractus said:

Checking Legality in the box yielded the following, which was conveniently copied to clipboard:

Invalid: Move 4 PP is above the amount allowed.
===

Valid Move 1: HGSS-Default move.
Valid Move 2: HGSS-Default move.
Valid Move 3: HGSS-Default move.
Valid Move 4: Empty Move.

Valid: Nickname matches species name.
Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: All ribbons accounted for.
Valid: Ability matches ability number.
Valid: Correct ball for encounter type.
Valid: Form is Valid.
Valid: Gender matches PID.
Valid: Nature matches PID.
Valid: Encounter Type matches encounter.
===

Encounter Type: Pokéwalker Encounter (YellowForest) (Pikachu)
PID Type: Pokewalker

Empty moves should have 0 PP.

PKHeX takes the stance of flagging anything that disobeys the rules as invalid, even if it may have been done by bad game code. Some mystery gifts in future games also set PP to empty move slots, and need to be healed in-game/viewed&set to correctly reset to 0 PP.

12 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Empty moves should have 0 PP.

PKHeX takes the stance of flagging anything that disobeys the rules as invalid, even if it may have been done by bad game code. Some mystery gifts in future games also set PP to empty move slots, and need to be healed in-game/viewed&set to correctly reset to 0 PP.

I see. That makes sense. Better safe than sorry when it comes to legality. Thank you.

Noticed a Whismur caught 4 years ago on my Emerald Cartridge throws the error from the below screenshot in the most recent version of PkHex (20240727), This error was not present with this same Whismur in the previous version of PkHex (20240703).

1. How I caught the Pokemon: - Pokemon Emerald Authentic Cartridge, Met level 6 either Route 116 in the grass or Rusturf tunnel in the cave, I think it was all 8 badges unlocked at the time of catching it. 

3. PkHex Version (20240727)

image.thumb.png.918b8ee3e2421d20e1bf56c92a084d92.pngimage.thumb.png.aec10d761da349e2e278e1f8c7bcd584.png

0293 - Whismur - 2613FFBA8D28.pk7

Edited by Doncut97

On 8/15/2024 at 8:52 PM, Doncut97 said:

Noticed a Whismur caught 4 years ago on my Emerald Cartridge throws the error from the below screenshot in the most recent version of PkHex (20240727), This error was not present with this same Whismur in the previous version of PkHex (20240703).

1. How I caught the Pokemon: - Pokemon Emerald Authentic Cartridge, Met level 6 either Route 116 in the grass or Rusturf tunnel in the cave, I think it was all 8 badges unlocked at the time of catching it. 

3. PkHex Version (20240727)

image.thumb.png.918b8ee3e2421d20e1bf56c92a084d92.pngimage.thumb.png.aec10d761da349e2e278e1f8c7bcd584.png

0293 - Whismur - 2613FFBA8D28.pk7 260 B · 2 downloads

Thanks, fixed on latest commit.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/9d06a2bc2d0ec5f7c0f020acd73a2144a4d30c2c