I need help in editing my Latios and Latios in Pokemon Ruby.

MasterNoob69

I need help in legalizing my Latios and Latios in Pokemon Ruby, the only problem I'm facing is the "Encounter Type PID mismatch" error which is super easy to fix for most Pokemon, while editing all my other Pokemon I have no issue in changing their IV's, gender and more. But the only 4 Pokemon that I can't legalize when I change IV's are Latios, Latios, Celebi and Jirachi in Ruby, and of what I've heard other people have the same problems for Suicune, Raikou and Entei. I have literally tried all methods of finding a legit PID in RNG Reporter but for these Pokemon using RNG Reporter won't solve my issue also since I'm currently playing Generation 3 games I can't hyper-train my Pokemon, I can only smoothly play the Pokemon games of Generations 1-5 on my laptop and it's too slow to run the Pokemon games of generations 6-8.The only thing I do that is apparently invalid is changing these annoying Pokemons' IV's all I want to do is input my desired IV's and give them the desired nature(My preferred nature for the Latios and Latios is 'Modest') but no matter what new PID RNG Reporter generates it always gives me the same error time and time again for these Pokemon only. I'm thinking that these Pokemon use a different unique PID generation method but I hope that's not the case, so if anyone can help me in legalizing my Pokemon I would appreciate it a hell lot.

Plus I tried putting a legal Celebi PID into a Latios and I changed it's IV's to match the legal  Celebi but the Latios still had the same error, so I think maybe every one of these 7 Pokemon each use a unique PID generation method.

381 - LATIOS - 4569AA064609.pk3 380 - LATIAS - D4F7F9426F72.pk3

Edited by MasterNoob69

1 hour ago, MasterNoob69 said:

Latios, Latios

image.png

It was easy to fix.
Read up on Roaming IV bug. You're probably better off with editing the Southern Island encounter, as opposed to roaming encounters, if you wanna keep the IVs higher.

Celebi and Jirachi

Those are event mons, their algo for PIDIV generation are different from regular mons that you encounter in game.

Whether you're using the ones from XD, or the one's from in-life events, you probably shouldn't edit those if you're not used to it or if you don't really know what you're doing...

Well thanks to you I have a perfect 31 IV Modest Latios and Latias in Pokemon Ruby, I never knew about the glitch and I do feel a bit sad because I can't get a perfect 31 IV Entei, Raikou or Suicune in generation 3. Although it appears that starting from generation 4 I can get apparently get a hacked Jirachi and Celebi and it stays legal no matter what detail I change excluding any data in the "Met" and "OT/Misc", it's current level, the language of the game it was from and if it's shiny. Generation 3 kinda sucks a bit now only because of the fact that no matter what, there will always be 5 Pokemon in this generation who's IV's I can't change, and perfect IV's is how I play the game.But still, Thanks a lot!  

Edited by MasterNoob69

because I can't get a perfect 31 IV Entei, Raikou or Suicune in generation 3

possible if you use Eligor for XD Rng.

Well RNGreporter or Pokefinder should be able to RNG Jirachi (from Colo bonus disc) and Celebi (from XD?), but there are limitations.
Need to know which method to choose, locked to certain OT or TID etc etc. probably won't get a flawless one with desired nature :/

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the necrobump, but how exactly did you get the perfect 31 IV Latios to work in PKHex? I see the screenshot above, but did you just want that the HP to be 31 IV and nothing else?

I'm trying to get basically a perfect 31 IV across the board and even if I'm editing the southern island one I'm still getting that same error. I've tried everything I can find and having absolutely no luck

On 4/26/2020 at 2:18 PM, MasterNoob69 said:

Well thanks to you I have a perfect 31 IV Modest Latios and Latias in Pokemon Ruby, I never knew about the glitch and I do feel a bit sad because I can't get a perfect 31 IV Entei, Raikou or Suicune in generation 3. Although it appears that starting from generation 4 I can get apparently get a hacked Jirachi and Celebi and it stays legal no matter what detail I change excluding any data in the "Met" and "OT/Misc", it's current level, the language of the game it was from and if it's shiny. Generation 3 kinda sucks a bit now only because of the fact that no matter what, there will always be 5 Pokemon in this generation who's IV's I can't change, and perfect IV's is how I play the game.But still, Thanks a lot!