MODS VS MEMBERS?! - Small Rule Update

Sir Xero

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, see what happens when people get me started on random stuff!?

Someone mentioned equations and me screwing around caused a snowball of edumacation

Ha!

If we keep this up the mods may yet get more posts than the members! All we gotta do is divide our number of posts by 0 and divide the members by infinity!

Or we can divide our posts by zero and then divide their posts by our posts... Ok, stopping now... It's 5:47am... I should goto bed...

Although I gotta say, Sabre, have you given

Where X is any real rational number within the range (-∞,∞).

much thought? I mean you figure the mobius symbol is an unending loop, so really you couldn't use that symbol to represent infinite numbers because if they are endless they could never actually loop back on themselves... I mean yea it is the international standard, I just think it's a little contradictory...

X / 0 = ∞

X / ∞ = 0

Where X is any real rational number within the range (-∞,∞).

why do i always have to say this ∞ is not a set place in any number line so you can not range from -∞ to ∞ because it is not a set place on any number line

I appreciate the critical thinking regarding infinity and zero. Here is a little explination.

Infinity can be evaluated not as a number, but as part of a limit equation using calculus. In calculus the equation would read

The Limit of X / 0 as X approaches infinity approaches infinity. In addition there is also the equation,

The Limit of X / 0 as X approaches negative infinity approaches infinity.

To represent X as a range, I used the open interval, -∞ to ∞ which is represented by (-∞,∞). Open intervals do not include the number themselves.

I would explain how to arrive at the answer for the limits, but I must get ready for work. However, the answer to X / 0 for both negative and positive numbers is infinity.