Requesting feedback about the theme

There's a forum upgrade coming at some point in the future (no eta besides "a few weeks to a few months"), and I'm working on adapting the Site Theme to be compatible with it. I'm going to try to take care to make sure all colors work well together, and that text contrast is high enough, but if there's anything any of you have noticed that doesn't look quite right, or if there's anything you'd like added or changed, please let me know in this thread, no matter how minor.

I won't be changing the IPS Default theme, beyond making sure the logo is applied.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, PokemoKing99 said:

i would like you to change the ho oh and lugia to a different pokemon maybe all the ultra beats or wait until gen 8 comes out

Sadly, I'm not skilled enough with image editing to change any of the graphics. I can only integrate existing graphics into CSS.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:20 AM, BlackShark said:

@evandixonI always thought you were going to use @Jovie's banner from the Art Competition last year?

banner.png

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/41821-the-official-art-competition-voting-thread/

We're currently using Jovie's banner for external sites like Patreon, Twitter, and Facebook. The logo at the top of the site theme came with the theme, and I think looks best when they're kept together. As someone who's not a graphic designer, I think it'd be best to leave it that way rather than attempt to make anything more than small tweaks. I'm beginning to wonder if it'd be better to get a 3rd party theme (like from IPS Focus), have them do the bulk of the work, then just apply art such as Jovie's banner to customize it.

• Amazed 1

Hi all,

@Jovie and I are both designers, however I’m also a front-end developer. If you guys and gals want some help with styling, I can author/edit the CSS and even create a quick LESS framework for easy edits to things like colors and sizing in the future. I’d love to help the community incorporate the nice banners and logos designed by Jovie. 

Inbox me for links to samples of my work.

—a

Edited by FalseSwipe
  • Like 3

On 4/24/2018 at 6:20 AM, PokemoKing99 said:

can you make the website more colorful please @FalseSwipe thanks

I haven't heard back from anyone, but I could do whatever the community at large decides on. I just think it's unfortunate that my pal's work hasn't been rolled out for the website itself yet.

6 hours ago, FalseSwipe said:

I haven't heard back from anyone, but I could do whatever the community at large decides on. I just think it's unfortunate that my pal's work hasn't been rolled out for the website itself yet.

Sorry about that. I'll try to do better regarding responding to people.

19 hours ago, PokemoKing99 said:

@evandixon what else can you do to this website please can you tell me

There's a lot that can be done. The next update will require some downtime, so I'll post more on that when I'm able to schedule the downtime.

• Confused 1