Has Pokesav HGSS...

TheHalfBloodPrince

Does pokesav have japanese letters (I spelt my name in japanese)

I own the japanese SS version game and when the pokesav for this version comes out, I would like to make PKMN for it, but I am not sure if the program would allow/have japanese text for my OT name.

In short I want to know if japanese text can be edited in pokesav.

Does pokesav have japanese letters (I spelt my name in japanese)

I own the japanese SS version game and when the pokesav for this version comes out, I would like to make PKMN for it, but I am not sure if the program would allow/have japanese text for my OT name.

In short I want to know if japanese text can be edited in pokesav.

Lets see: a japenese developer makes a japanese program to edit a japanese game. What do you thing?

[/sarcasm]

Lets see: a japenese developer makes a japanese program to edit a japanese game. What do you thing?

[/sarcasm]

Well your attempt fails, horribly.

To view Japanese names on an English computer, you need to get the Japanese language pack, then get AppLocale to set the app to show the Japanese characters.

You need to install the japanese language pack onto your pc like this:

Navigate to the Control Panel by clicking the Start Button, then clicking "Control Panel." If you are using Classic View, you should click the Start Button, then "Settings," then "Control Panel."

Click on "Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options," then click on "Regional and Language Options." If you are using classic view, "Regional and Language Options" will be available directly from the Control Panel. A new window will open.

Click on the tab labeled "Languages," then click the checkbox labeled "Install files for East Asian Languages." A window will pop up to warn you that you will need at least 230 MB of free disk space to install the files.

Click OK to close the popup.

Click OK on the “Regional and Language Options” window to begin the installation. Be patient, as it can take several minutes. Once all the files have finished copying, a popup window will tell you to reboot your computer to complete the installation.

Reboot your computer.

Then download a program called AppLocale and use it to open the pokesav and you will see the japanese characters

Well your attempt fails, horribly.

To view Japanese names on an English computer, you need to get the Japanese language pack, then get AppLocale to set the app to show the Japanese characters.

That's not the answer at all. That let's you view the Japanese characters, but it doesn't let you enter them, or, if you already have a way to enter Japanese characters (like me, though I forget how I did it), Pokesav HGSS will still save the game, but the Japanese characters will "disappear" from places like your name (and every Pokemon's OT/nickname) unless you use all punctuation besides question marks and exclamation points (as far as I know). It really drives me up a wall.

sounds like you're opening applocale with some other language instead of Japanese. You can either use the character map/google translate or w/e for Japanese text and then just copy and paste it into the pokesav that's running with applocale