Another issue with the Pal Park in Pokemon Platinum

Meowdoleon

"Despite the player in the Generation IV game catching the Pokémon again, its OT, ID number, and Poké Ball remain the same. Its friendship is reset to 70."

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pal_Park#Modifications_to_transported_Pok.C3.A9mon

Edit: It may be worthwhile noting that if I modify the Ball to a Poké Ball, it does flags it as legal. If I try to put any other Ball, it will flags it as illegal.

Edited by Meowdoleon

23 minutes ago, Meowdoleon said:

What do you mean by the capture details?

Gen 3 met place and level I guess. As I said, PKHeX is probably taking them as hatched Pokémon, hence they can't have any Ball other than the regular one.

Of course, if it's true that they weren't modified at all, this might be an error with PKHeX itself.

They come from a save I deleted a long time ago to begin my FireRed game anew. I moved all my box to Platinum to safe-keep them. The exception would be Dewgong, which I transfered over my Platinum save because I didn't have any Dewgong in my Platinum pokedex. I unfortunately don't remember anything about their met place, but the met levels was the same as those that you can see in the screenshots.

If it is a problem with the PID, then it would be necessary to change PKHeX recognition system to flags Pal Parks PID as fishy, instead of illegal, because there is a glitch with the ability system and the PID attributed. The way that I could verify this is by evolving my Magikarp, since it gives a correct PID upon evolving.

Message shows it is matching to a static encounter, and that static encounter is a gift (which requires a standard Poké Ball).

The best-match generator for gen3 has been altered to do the same collision detection (gift && ball not pokeball) as gen4:

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/072f1ba83d965310b43ad916b3760e376f67f3f0#diff-611d41e12eb876fe009aa88436d0acf9R285

Should be resolved with the latest commits.

• Like 1
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1