Jump to content

HELP- Pokémon White 2- Freeze Issue


Theoldbucwild
 Share

Recommended Posts

Do you have a backup of the save? In that case you would be able to try again. If you keep getting the same type of crash you can also try to use someone else's living dex (like the one ReignOfComputer uploaded here:

Make sure you are using PkHex (or PokéGen which should work without problems too).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Theoldbucwild said:

Thank you for the answer. I do have backups. I am using PKHEX and also I want the Pokémon to be in my pc box so I can get shiny charm, how would someone else's save help? Please respond when possible! Thank you

You can open PkHex twice. Load your save in one of the windows and load a 3rd to 5th gen save with the other that contains the Pokémon you desire. Now you can just drag an drop the Pokémon from one window to the other without any problems. Dumping the boxes should work but I would suggest you to try doing it the old-fashioned way to make sure you get no errors after loading the save.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wejhvabewjty said:

You can open PkHex twice. Load your save in one of the windows and load a 3rd to 5th gen save with the other that contains the Pokémon you desire. Now you can just drag an drop the Pokémon from one window to the other without any problems. Dumping the boxes should work but I would suggest you to try doing it the old-fashioned way to make sure you get no errors after loading the save.

I did what you did and still the freeze occured. I will presume that its corrupted, even though it does not say. I also forgot to mention that the freeze occurs after I take exactly 4 steps in any direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gonna need a lot more details than this.

Are you using retail cartridge or a flash cart?
Whose living dex file you using?
You still got the before and after saves? if so, upload em here.
What save editor did you use to do the export and import?

Also, I don't think living dex gives you shiny charm. (if set PKM modify Pokedex option isn't on)
You're better off using PKHeX Pokedex function to complete your dex then obtain the key item in game.

also, it looks like your c gear doesn't even load up
(is it possible to have completely no icons).
What happens if you enter pokedex?
what happens if you go to your trainer card?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

gonna need a lot more details than this.

Are you using retail cartridge or a flash cart?
Whose living dex file you using?
You still got the before and after saves? if so, upload em here.
What save editor did you use to do the export and import?

Also, I don't think living dex gives you shiny charm. (if set PKM modify Pokedex option isn't on)
You're better off using PKHeX Pokedex function to complete your dex then obtain the key item in game.

also, it looks like your c gear doesn't even load up
(is it possible to have completely no icons).
What happens if you enter pokedex?
what happens if you go to your trainer card?

Alright. I'm using the cartridge. I used ROC's save file for the dex. His save file is mentioned above. I do not have a backup save before all of this. I actually can load up C gear. If I enter my PokeDex it shows it's all clear with 649 Pokémon. And what's the PKHEX pokedex function?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Theoldbucwild said:

Alright. I'm using the cartridge. I used ROC's save file for the dex. His save file is mentioned above. I do not have a backup save before all of this. I actually can load up C gear. If I enter my PokeDex it shows it's all clear with 649 Pokémon. And what's the PKHEX pokedex function?

I don't really think his save would cause some kind of crash, tho.
@ReignOfComputer any reports on your save causing crashes?


Anyway I'll like to retract my statement; PKHeX apparently doesn't modify gen 5 Pokedex entries (not that I can tell)

On gen 6 or 7, it's there:
Capture.PNG

Maybe you'll like to try this save? :


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't really think his save would cause some kind of crash, tho.
@ReignOfComputer any reports on your save causing crashes?


Anyway I'll like to retract my statement; PKHeX apparently doesn't modify gen 5 Pokedex entries (not that I can tell)

On gen 6 or 7, it's there:
Capture.PNG

Maybe you'll like to try this save? :


 

Alright so how should I approach this? Should I delete all the Pokémon in the boxes and then use your save. Then backup my save and export my save and then load it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wejhvabewjty said:

Upload the save so we can check if we get the same error. Have you tried using an emulator?

I'll get back on to you about this next morning see ya later. Also when I give you the Save, do not worry about my party team, they are legit and are not causing the problem :)

Edited by Theoldbucwild
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...