Is Wine (Mac OS X) even able to detect the .dll file?

Garlic

21 minutes ago, Are You 18 Now said:

@jasenyoface  Oh boy, haha.  I guess I can give it one more go.  Anything I should do before I try again?  Like, any specifics?

Nothing that I can think of.  

Just don't restart you mac when prompted, like we talked about earlier. wait for the prefix complete dialogue to appear before attempting to open the made app. actually, just give it a minute after the prefix is made, just to make sure its done.  good luck

@jasenyoface @Are You 18 Now
Following your conversation, the advice provided by jasenyoface worked for me eventually, big thanks

Initially, with every attempt, I would click [restart later] — it would fail to create an app every time
Finally, I tried one last and clicked [restart now] — although I did not actually restart — nothing happened for a short while and then the process continued as normal

The app now works, with just two minor issues discovered so far
1) this is the most minor, note the gender icon is a thin blue rectangle, clicking it will give you a thin red rectangle
- this was an issue present in much much earlier versions running through wine, and hasn't been a problem for a number of updates (since early December)

2) clicking [trainer info] brings up the error box attached
- currently not so interested in editing trainer info so this isn't a problem for me but worth noting

I'm using what I believe is the most current version, 170131, although I've not checked for updates since yesterday

Screen Shot 2560-02-01 at 09.56.11.png

Screen Shot 2560-02-01 at 09.55.50.png

@jasenyoface @giant glowing skeleton After numerous attempts, it still doesn't load fully for me.  Closest it got was like maybe an inch or 2 from fully loading.  It did say Prefix loaded successfully and I hit 'okay' but then instead of an app, I got the little notepad icon or whatever.  Just straight up can't get the thing to load fully.  

Those are the settings I used, and what happened after I hit okay.

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.54.04 AM.png

@Are You 18 Now which version of Wine are you using? I made another PKHeX using Winebottler. I executed the process the exact same way.  I see from your screenshot you have multiple PKHeX.exe  Maybe tidy up a bit.  also i see that your pkhex app is on your desktop, so i have to ask, is your desktop linked to your iCloud?  if so try making and installing the app in your downloads folder as i do.  Check out my screenshots.5892536ea5087_ScreenShot2017-02-01at4_25_22PM.png.50b4c7aa72729c66e87a79e068cf1596.png589253747a6ad_ScreenShot2017-02-01at4_28_26PM.png.c5069c1fd99687eaa5cbb40ea60f22bb.png589253771c85a_ScreenShot2017-02-01at4_29_16PM.png.c78b6a5d899ff62d262146a655141043.png

2 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

If you would like, i can take some time and help you. What problems are you coming across?

Im about to go to bed,maybe tomorrow ? I  tried ticking the box and running Net 4.6-nothing happens for a few minutes an then it says "aborted"...

Seems so much more long winded than any other version we have had before.Which sucks.I love Pkhex! Haha

Thanks

Edited by ChokingVictim87

3 minutes ago, ChokingVictim87 said:

Im about to go to bed,maybe tomorrow ? I  tried ticking the box and running Net 4.6-nothing happens for a few minutes an then it says "aborted"...

Seems so much more long winded than any other version we have had before.Which sucks.I love Pkhex! Haha

Thanks

as long as you're using the latest download from 

and have Xcode up to date on your Mac 

and winebottler with NET 4.6 ticked it should work. 

Using Winebottler, as you probably know, is pretty efficient with PKHeX.  the only difference, for the latest version of PHKHeX that I've noticed, is that ticking the .NET 4.6 in winetricks is required. 

@jasenyoface  I'm using the latest version (I think) 1.8 or whatever it is haha.  Multiple PKHeX are just previous download versions.  I know I downloaded both the mono one and non mono one.  In your example, you said to use the non mono version, which I have.  I've tried making it on my desktop and my downloads folder and still no dice.  When I previously used PKHeX, I never had an app for it, it was just the straight download and opened it with Winebottler.

9 minutes ago, Are You 18 Now said:

@jasenyoface  I'm using the latest version (I think) 1.8 or whatever it is haha.  Multiple PKHeX are just previous download versions.  I know I downloaded both the mono one and non mono one.  In your example, you said to use the non mono version, which I have.  I've tried making it on my desktop and my downloads folder and still no dice.  When I previously used PKHeX, I never had an app for it, it was just the straight download and opened it with Winebottler.

you can do both. make the app or just run it...5892a8cf9e0b9_ScreenShot2017-02-01at10_32_29PM.png.77c50500b7a439ed9fb43f7df4d75ddd.png5892a8d33f010_ScreenShot2017-02-01at10_34_15PM.png.24d606fb4bafe9d343b8f698a898c157.png

5 minutes ago, Are You 18 Now said:

@jasenyoface I've tried both, was hoping running it directly would work but still no dice. :-(  I may try once more sometime tonight though.  I guess if there's anything else to ask, how should I setup the advanced settings.  Like, what should I tick off in each category, etc.

this is the way i do it. (screenshot)    besides, I have made a pkhex app that is bundled with wine app in order to share it. i have compressed it to .zip if you want to try it. I have never done such a thing before. but it seems to work when i download my own .zip decompress and run it.5892aca985945_ScreenShot2017-02-01at3_43_15PM.thumb.png.b21156768691c021570549bd38190832.png