Does RAM2SAV still work for Sun/Moon retail games?

english09

If you are still using ram2sav that means you are in 9.0-9.2 so your best option is installing A9LH as suggested.

If you are afraid of bricking (the chance would be almost none if done correctly, downgrading is riskier and you already are at an exploitable firmware) you can still setup an emunand, preserving your system intact. Just pointing that there's a risk-free solution too.

1 minute ago, suloku said:

If you are still using ram2sav that means you are in 9.0-9.2

IIRC RAM2SAV works up to 9.5, which is still easy to downgrade from.

2 minutes ago, suloku said:

If you are afraid of bricking (the chance would be almost none if done correctly, downgrading is riskier and you already are at an exploitable firmware) you can still setup an emunand, preserving your system intact. Just pointing that there's a risk-free solution too.

While emuNAND is still a viable option for 9.0-9.2, the downgrade to 2.1 is more like a NAND restore in that it's safe as long as the process isn't interrupted (e.g. powering off, letting the battery die, removing the SD, etc.)

On 6/12/2016 at 11:53 PM, evandixon said:

RAM2SAV is a very outdated tool.  I recommend installing A9LH if you can; otherwise, see if you have any compatible homebrew entry-points.  In either case, use JKSM to import and export your save file.  (Note that JKSM can't export Sun/Moon saves in later firmwares if you don't have A9LH/CFW.)

It isn't true. In ORAS you must have the pokemon bank and a special version of JKSM (JKSM_Bank), but on Sun and Moon you just need JKSM. The only "problem" is that sometimes when starting the JKSM it crashes on a yellow screen, and so I found out you just need to go in game and save again once. (I don't know what causes it). It is the same on both 11.1 and 11.2.

Edited by Liger0