Narwhal and Illithian's Sig Thread

Narwhal

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sabeta: I like the sig you made! :) The only things I would change are the background (it looks a little stretched), maybe a different font (Century Gothic, perhaps?), and get the colors to match a bit better (you can use the color select tool to take a color from one piece and use it in the other). You can find some cool renders for the background at planetrenders.net (I used one from there in my sig, and the Azelf is from there as well), and change their color to make them match the sig.

Sabeta: I like the sig you made! :) The only things I would change are the background (it looks a little stretched), maybe a different font (Century Gothic, perhaps?), and get the colors to match a bit better (you can use the color select tool to take a color from one piece and use it in the other). You can find some cool renders for the background at planetrenders.net (I used one from there in my sig, and the Azelf is from there as well), and change their color to make them match the sig.

Lol, I can't seem to find what you used, how do you navigate that site? It's pretty confusing.

DialgaTest.jpg

Here's something I made in randomness. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself, lol. I can still get better though, so hopefully I'll keep on learning here. ^^

Any of you who see this, feel free to use it; first come first served and whatnot.

Oh and how do you make those cool mini-banners; like the other one in my Sig, and the ones used to advertise this place.

If I might request a sig, first off, I would like the first three lines from this post http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?10820-Staff-v-Members-2&p=90683, you may reformat them however you like (as long as they're in that order), as well as some sort of windows classic style message displaying "ERROR: divide by zero", as well as any embillishments you feel fit to add, but, oh and could you make the perimiter a golden rectangle.

If you dont know what a golden rectangle is, here.

I'm not gonna be making sigs today because I got something to do, so maybe Narwhal or Sabeta can do BananaMan14's request.

@pokemaster1237: Np, you can tell me if you want any changes.

EDIT:

If possible, you should upload that avatar in a media hosting website (eg. Photobucket, Imageshack, etc.. If you realised, ProjectPokemon's uploads lower the quality of the image and blurs it a bit.

@Sabeta: You're improving really fast. Things you might need to work on are just the colouring and fonts. For the fonts, if they blend too much into the background that it is illegible, you can type the font to be white. Then on the layer of the font, right-click it and choose blending options. Tick the 'Stroke' checkbox and set the options as:

Colour- Black

Size - 1 px

Blending Mode - Normal

Opacity - 100%

For the colouring, you can click the button down the bottom-right in photoshop that looks like white and black semicircles. If you leave your cursor on the button it should say 'Adjustments'. Click that button and choose 'Colour Balance'. From there, you can change the colour of the image to what looks best to you. If you don't like the colour, reset it or delete it and start another colour balance.

EDIT 2:

@Narwhal: Lol, i'm back to advertising the thread to the newbies, mind to help?

Edited by Toffeuy

Ohohoh, I wanna do Bananaman's Request, I love me some perfect Ratio's. (Not even joking, I learned Phi when I was in 8th Grade, and have loved the concept ever since.)

My idea so far is to have those three lines in the background, perhaps in some sort of gothic text, at odd angles and semi-faded. Then displayed in front of it all is your message, with a simplistic background, as not to distract from the text.

This sound fine to you? Oh yeah, and can you provide a random picture of a windows error message? So I know exactly what I'm trying to do.

===Sabedit===

Since I'm still verifying what banana wants I took on another request from a friend at a different site. Here's the result. Critique at your pleasure, but I think I'm getting better. I wanted to see how it would look if I applied the things I learned from banner making onto this sig, and the result was great.

SkaterSig.jpg

Edited by Sabeta

I moved them last night, the links must have broken. I'll post them back here again.

PhoenixSig.jpg

This is my new signature, not that I don't like yours, but I wanted something I made myself ^^ Ftr, what brush exctly did you use on my old one, I can't recreate that. I tried "Grunge" brushes but all they did was smear and blur the image.

SkaterSig.jpg

This was the request I took on, came out wonderfully.

ClefairyBanner.jpg

GardevoirBanner.jpg

And here are the Banners, they aren't quite as good as I could have made them, but the subsequent banners I've made are much nicer. Here they are:

DarkraiBanner.jpg

EmpoleonBanner.jpg

You are improving really quickly. You can try putting the render on top of the diagonal lines to see if it looks any better. Or you can use a rubber (at around 50% ~ 60%) and rub the lines covering the render.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that in photoshop there's ways to remove a background from an image, so you can get the image you want out. (eg. take a pokemon out of an itcg card)

I'll pm you some guides if I can find them.

EDIT: And on top of that, I forgot what brushes I used on yours...

Can I request a Signature like the azelf one above, but with riolu instead of azelf and lucario instead of lugia? I would like the background to be brighter and blue with an aura glow and shine surrounding them. Can you put my username where it would be best fit? I also would like it to say The Aura Shall Prevail! underneith my username. Thank you.

ClefairyBanner.jpg

GardevoirBanner.jpg

And here are the Banners, they aren't quite as good as I could have made them, but the subsequent banners I've made are much nicer. Here they are:

DarkraiBanner.jpg

EmpoleonBanner.jpg

I like the userbars you made! Especially the Empoleon one. What file type did you save them as? They look a little dark (.bmp?). All userbars and sigs I make are saved as .png files, just to let you know. :)

Yes, those are .BMP (How the hell'd you know?) I recently switched over to .PNG because of DDDSig.png request. BMP can't save transparency, which I used a sizable chunk of it up there on the top. ~Shudder~ I really hate Jpegs, the quality is pretty much completely obliterated. (I believe you can see an example of that on my first post here.) oh yea, I'm quite fond of the Empoleon one too ^^

Ohohoh, I wanna do Bananaman's Request, I love me some perfect Ratio's. (Not even joking, I learned Phi when I was in 8th Grade, and have loved the concept ever since.)

My idea so far is to have those three lines in the background, perhaps in some sort of gothic text, at odd angles and semi-faded. Then displayed in front of it all is your message, with a simplistic background, as not to distract from the text.

This sound fine to you? Oh yeah, and can you provide a random picture of a windows error message? So I know exactly what I'm trying to do.

That sounds fine.

Can I make another request again? If so, can I ask for a custom userbar?

I would like the userbar to have the title RASN PKMN SS/HG AR Codes and place it where you think best fits. I would like a image and sprite of riolu and place it where you think best fits. I would like an aura glow surrounding them and I want the background to be bright and blue.

Thanks.

BananaSig.png

Here you go Banana. I'm a tad iffy on this one, but perhaps you like it. Tell me if there's anything that needs to be fixed. It's a bit ostentatious, so perhaps it needs to be placed in spoilers if you decide to use it. Regardless tell me how you feel about it, if there's anything that needs to be changed, feel free to tell me and I'll get right to it.

Thank you very much! I love it!

Can I request an Avatar if possible? If so, I would like it to be like the Signature I requested with everything the same, but without the lucario.

Almost missed this, I'll get on it now.

EDIT:

Can I make another request again? If so, can I ask for a custom userbar?

I would like the userbar to have the title RASN PKMN SS/HG AR Codes and place it where you think best fits. I would like a image and sprite of riolu and place it where you think best fits. I would like an aura glow surrounding them and I want the background to be bright and blue.

Thanks.

I'll do this as well.

And btw, Sabeta, I suggest making your artworks .png (don't have to but it's usually better to) unless they are animations of course...

EDIT 2: Riolu Aura Sphere Now:

RioluAuraSphereNowAvatar.png

Userbar:

RioluAuraSphereNowBanner.png