Spinda spot modifier

Favna

Title says it all. For as far as I can tell this is not yet possible... but eh... a 1 in over 4 billion chance to randomize it on the PID isn't quite worth it guys.. we need a spot modifier :bidoof:!

Quote from bulbapedia:

• Some of Spinda's Pokédex entries mention the odds of two Spinda having the same spot pattern as less than one in four billion. Since Spinda's spots are based on itspersonality value (a 32-bit number), a simplistic model would put the odds at 1 in 4,294,967,295, which is indeed smaller than one in four billion; however, it is actually possible for two personality values to produce spot patterns that are visually identical, so the real odds are somewhat higher.

take your EC from spinda -> put in first link

modify spots directly

take listed value -> put in EC

no need to have another editor for such a minute thing

Thanx to both of you.

I was just wondering how to do this since nothing I was trying had any effect.

Since the 'Form' selection for Spinda is greyed out in PKHex, I had always just assumed this 'Form' selection was reserved for a future update ^_^

Thanx to both of you.

I was just wondering how to do this since nothing I was trying had any effect.

Since the 'Form' selection for Spinda is greyed out in PKHex, I had always just assumed this 'Form' selection was reserved for a future update ^_^

Form. Field is greyed for spinda because it only has one form. Its spots are randomly generated based on its PID, it would have been stupid to add 4 billions different 3d models for a single pokemon (and also, it would impossible given the cartridge's size)

EDIt: yeah its based on encryption constant, sorry for that mistake

Edited by supercarotte