Can Megas keep their form out of battle through hacking?

Kraust

This was something that was brought up a while ago.

I would imagine that the answer is yes if megas are stored like Deoxys / Shaymin / Giratina Forms. Could Giratina-O hold something other than the Griseous Orb and keep its form if you made him Giratina-O's index number?

I think this stems from something I read about on Reddit a while ago about a Giratina-O holding leftovers.

What would happen if you hacked a Mega into your party for example? We have the tools to test this with Cyber Gadget right?

You can make a Giratina-O with Powersaves, using the form change code. I've not tried it myself, but I've heard from someone else that if you give it the Griseous Orb while it's in the Origin form, and then take it away, it reverts back as you'd expect.

You can see videos of permanent megas on YouTube. I'm very surprised that mega evolutions don't revert after back after the battle ends, but like Kaphotics said they revert if you keep them in your party.

I've not seen anything on this so far, but what happens if you put them in Pokémon Amie? And do they do things when you tap them on the status screen? Permanent Pirouette Meloetta crashes Amie, but has a unique set of animations (like doing a pirouette) when you tap it on the status screen, which is weird for something which technically shouldn't exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Any pokemon that has a inbattle only form change (this includes mega) will crash the game when entering amie. I think this happens because amie uses a special set of model animations and they are missing for those forms.

About pirouette meloetta in the status screen. That acreen uses the same animations as battle like the idle stance, and when tapped does a random attacking animation.