DSi Owners - Squeaky hinge?

fenzo666

Well, I got my DSi a few days ago and the hinge was mad squeaky whenever I closed and opened the system. In addition, the hinge was not tight and I could slide the top screen from right to left a few millimeters. So I decided to exchange the system for another one.

This new one has been fine, but it is slowly developing the "squeaky hinge". It's not like this hinge problem will cause an outbreak of broken hinges, but it is really annoying. Every time I press the "A" button on the system, it causes a squeak. After a while, it gets really frustrating to hear those damn squeaks and essentially makes me want to stop playing.

Now, my question to the other DSi users out there: Are you guys experiencing this squeakiness as well? Let me know if you are or aren't. If you have had this problem, are there any solutions? Thanks.

- fenzo666

I had the same problem, in that the hinge used to squeak when I opened or closed it. However I just left it and after a while it disappeared. I think it's just because the mat surface rubs, and will eventually get smoothed.

I don't think it's anything major to worry about, just keep an eye on it I guess?

Use some WD-40 on it. =P

Lol!

And my DS Phat was squeeky when I got it, and my girlfriends DSi was squeeky when she got it (note, I got the DS Phat when it came out) but both our squeekiness went after a week or so.

i imporeted mine from japan and i have the problem where the screen moves at first i freaked out i tought i had started what would be my dsi broken and on its way to nintendo to get repaird but after a whille nothing happend and its done that ever sense

still cant figuer out what it was but ive ignord it.