Michael Jackson's Death.

FLOOTENKERP

Were you a fan of Michael Jackson's, or liked his songs?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Were you a fan of Michael Jackson's, or liked his songs?

• Yes
    • No

It was surprising for me too... I mean, I don't think he was that old to be dying naturally, or for death to be expected. I never really listened to his music [not that I really listen to music much in the first place...], but I think I'll still kinda miss him being alive.

"He's young enough to die, you know?"- The Fat Man, MD, from The House of God, coincidentally, referencing a 52 year old patient with congestive heart failure.

Regardless of what his personal struggles are, he affected music for decades to come. And with one of (if not the, depending on what numbers you look at) the best selling albums of all time, he certainly had talent.

Although I was never really a fan, I can understand that he had quite an impact on music, in both somewhat obvious and subtle ways, from what I can tell... or in this case hear. I too was surprised by his passing, as well as the recent passing of actress Ferrah Fawcett.

Yeah i was a fan, his music were like well music to my ears, and most or not all of his music actually made me wanna dance, :biggrin: and he made such an impact, when he died, there is so much contribution towards him, MTV is having top 12 songs, and the background story, etc while MSN is having quite a few videos, and in Youtube the spotlight is on M.J, and his Moonwalk was truly revolutionary.

R.I.P Michael Jackson, you will forever be in my heart.

I was SO SHOCKED. Mom and I were sitting in her room, her playing on her phone, myself reading a book, when a newsflash occurred on the station we were watching. I really liked his music as a kid, and have sang a song or two from the Jackson 5 in choir, so I'm familiar with his music in the very least. I mean, he got creepy there for a while, but he was still someone's child, still someone's father, he had a family who loved him...and to me, that is the most tragic part about this loss.

Every news network in the world is anally covering every instant about Michael Jackson's death, including everything about his doctor. His autopsy shows he was perscribed Demerol by his personal live-in doctor, which has similar effects to morphine. Its similar to narcotics, and its possible that it caused some damage which could be shown in a detailed brain study and toxicology.

In any case, I wasn't a specific fan of Michael Jackson, but I think he was an incredibly talented musician and was the reason for most of the pop we have now, so I think its a very sad loss.

For more info, see TMZ.

Am I the only one here who doesn't really care?

It might sound harsh, but he's not the only one this sort of stuff happens to. Sure he was known as the King of Pop, invented the Moonwalk, and looked really creepy in his later years, but...he's still dead. It might have been an unexpected death, but it wasn't particularly shocking or noteworthy.

I just can't get myself worked up at all about a death of a man I never knew, regardless of if I was a fan or not.

Regardless if you are a fan or not, he was very influential to a lot of famous people. On Vh1 the showed a video of Michael Jackson's life, starting from Jackson 5. A lot of people were talking about him during the video, including some very famous people. In fact, Will Smith said that he was always chasing Thriller in his mind, which must mean that that was what made him the success he is today. If you like any musician or entertainer, they were most likely influenced by Michael Jackson, which makes him so important. He lived a terrible life, he hated the Jackson 5 because it took away his childhood and his father was very demanding and controlling and always took the money, when he grew up he wanted to live his childhood, which is why he owned the Never Land Ranch which is obviously because he loved Peter Pan. He was constantly lied about in papers everywhere, his image was tarnished after being accused of being a pedophile by a 13 year old. He always loved children and influenced millions of people. He hated the way he looked, he was very unhealthy, he was judged as a bad parent after holding "Blanket", his youngest son, over the balcony, he was constantly made fun of, everything happened to him. The least people could do is give a damn about his death, because it was one of the most important losses in the world, Michael Jackson is dead, but his music will always live on. Saying you don't like Michael Jackson is like saying you hate music in general. At least show some respect, it was a very dramatic loss.

Regardless if you are a fan or not, he was very influential to a lot of famous people. On Vh1 the showed a video of Michael Jackson's life, starting from Jackson 5. A lot of people were talking about him during the video, including some very famous people. In fact, Will Smith said that he was always chasing Thriller in his mind, which must mean that that was what made him the success he is today. If you like any musician or entertainer, they were most likely influenced by Michael Jackson, which makes him so important. He lived a terrible life, he hated the Jackson 5 because it took away his childhood and his father was very demanding and controlling and always took the money, when he grew up he wanted to live his childhood, which is why he owned the Never Land Ranch which is obviously because he loved Peter Pan. He was constantly lied about in papers everywhere, his image was tarnished after being accused of being a pedophile by a 13 year old. He always loved children and influenced millions of people. He hated the way he looked, he was very unhealthy, he was judged as a bad parent after holding "Blanket", his youngest son, over the balcony, he was constantly made fun of, everything happened to him. The least people could do is give a d**n about his death, because it was one of the most important losses in the world, Michael Jackson is dead, but his music will always live on. Saying you don't like Michael Jackson is like saying you hate music in general. At least show some respect, it was a very dramatic loss.

Floot, you've gone overboard.

Don't try to enforce your opinions on others. Some people don't like MJ... but they love music. You know, I'm a big music fan... I'm especially into the classics and I play the piano... and I've probably been musically trained most of my life. But say I don't like MJ. Would that make me a music hater?

He's had a BIG impact on your life, no doubt, but don't say baseless things like that. Yes, when someone dies, it can anger you like that, but... I never really knew him or anything... so it didn't touch me much. Yes, I was surprised and all... but it wasn't a HUGE impact on my life.

There's a time when everyone dies Floot... everybody has his/her own time.

R.I.P. MJ, May you not come back as a zombie. (yes I went there)

Anyways he made some great music and influenced a lot of today's artists, sucks that he passed away but that's just how life goes he will forever be remembered through his music.

Off topic: Floot, not everyone is required to be a fanatic about MJ. They can feel the same way you feel about the Jonas brothers (except I doubt they wish for them to die like you do) So don't try to push your beliefs on other people, I'm pretty sure you've been warned/told about this plenty of times in both IRC and the forums.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to force anything on anybody. He impacted me, I watched Thriller as a kid, I loved his music. Hearing some guy say that it isn't that big of a deal just makes me extremely angry. You have to understand that he was the King of Pop. He was the most amazing entertainer in the world, even with all his health problems, he still managed to dance and sing as beautiful as he did. When I listen to I want you back by the Jackson 5, Michael's voice was so angelic, it was magic. I can't stand it when people don't find this to dramatic. I'm sorry if I forced anything on anyone, I'm just upset.

Well, I can say I've only heard about a handful of his songs (Thriller, Beat It, Man In the Mirror, I'll Be There, etc.). I honestly didn't like him too much because of his reputation, and his plastic surgery venture. I looked at him through the eyes of a reporter, which means all of the things I'd hear about him, that's how he was. I never gave a though of maybe its not true, it can't be. Remember, this is my opinion, and I do regret that I never really saw him as a good person. Though, he was an important person to many, and I respect that. He will be missed.

Well Naru-Chu, he was only like that because of his dad. He never touched any kid, this is what happened. I'll break it down from his childhood. As you may or may not know he was part of the Jackson 5. You may not know this but he hated the band because it took his childhood away from him. His dad was incredibly strict and always took the money. In fact, Michael didn't like his dad at all. One time, Michael fell asleep and left the window open. His dad went outside, came in through the window wearing a mask and started to scream scaring Michael. It was to teach him to close the window before going to sleep so no one can get in. Ever since then Michael was afraid of being abducted while he was asleep. He usually got sick or vomited at the site of his dad. As I mentioned, the Jackson 5 didn't allow him to live his childhood, so when he grew up, he tried to live his childhood. When he slept in the same room with those children, he didn't think it was wrong because to Michael it was an average sleep over with friends. His favorite character is Peter Pan simply because Peter Pan never grew up. The media always lied about Michael, which soon lead to the song "Leave Me Alone". This shows that you shouldn't believe everything in the news. Remember, he thought he was a kid, he is no criminal.

To be honest, the first second I saw this yesterday, I was thinking this was probably a fake. Until I read the newspaper on the front cover, all in capitals read "JACKO DIES OF HEART ATTACK AT 50". I never realised this news would be spread so quickly, even in a Pokemon Forum lol. Though, this is the off-topic section so it isn't too unexpected.

Well Naru-Chu, he was only like that because of his dad. He never touched any kid, this is what happened. I'll break it down from his childhood. As you may or may not know he was part of the Jackson 5. You may not know this but he hated the band because it took his childhood away from him. His dad was incredibly strict and always took the money. In fact, Michael didn't like his dad at all. One time, Michael fell asleep and left the window open. His dad went outside, came in through the window wearing a mask and started to scream scaring Michael. It was to teach him to close the window before going to sleep so no one can get in. Ever since then Michael was afraid of being abducted while he was asleep. He usually got sick or vomited at the site of his dad. As I mentioned, the Jackson 5 didn't allow him to live his childhood, so when he grew up, he tried to live his childhood. When he slept in the same room with those children, he didn't think it was wrong because to Michael it was an average sleep over with friends. His favorite character is Peter Pan simply because Peter Pan never grew up. The media always lied about Michael, which soon lead to the song "Leave Me Alone". This shows that you shouldn't believe everything in the news. Remember, he thought he was a kid, he is no criminal.

Thanks, Floot. I really wanted to hear that they were wrong about Michael, that he was actually a good person, just deprived of many things. I feel really bad that I thought such things about him...he'll be missed by many, and yes, me as well.

• 2 weeks later...