Modifying Egg Moves in Pokémon Black/White

I'm making progress on a Pokémon ROM hack and I have pretty much all the tools I need, apart from one - an Egg Move Editor. I have a level up move editor and a TM/HM editor, but no egg move editor is to be found. Does anybody know where I can find one, and if one hasn't yet been made, does anybody have the knowledge or resources to make one for the community?

Oh my god, i just wrong give a name on my researching Dx (i almost forgot why this narc, i give name "Pokemon trade flag[650 files]" o.oa - i no idea with this narc so i just give a weird name and i not see it again and checking with bulbapedia data, yeah i skipped this narc since is have a "wrong" name so i not check this narc DX) OK i will rename it xD . Thankyou Zark xD.

a/0/2/0 is for breeding only not egg move.......

yeah a/1/2/3 (is can expanded like moveset... , is need egg type also a/0/2/0 i think...)

Bulbasaur :

0E00 Swords Dance < maybe was include on TM/HM?

8200 Skull Bash

CC00 Charm

5000 Petal Dance

AE00

0B01

B501

B601

7C00

CB00

CA00

Is have 15 egg move

Why 2nd 3rd evo pokemon is just 00 00 ? because is just on 1st evo only or, you can edit on a/0/2/0 ...

Oh my god, i just wrong give a name on my researching Dx (i almost forgot why this narc, i give name "Pokemon trade flag[650 files]" o.oa - i no idea with this narc so i just give a weird name and i not see it again and checking with bulbapedia data, yeah i skipped this narc since is have a "wrong" name so i not check this narc DX) OK i will rename it xD . Thankyou Zark xD.

a/0/2/0 is for breeding only not egg move.......

yeah a/1/2/3 (is can expanded like moveset... , is need egg type also a/0/2/0 i think...)

Bulbasaur :

0E00 Swords Dance < maybe was include on TM/HM?

8200 Skull Bash

CC00 Charm

5000 Petal Dance

AE00

0B01

B501

B601

7C00

CB00

CA00

Is have 15 egg move

Why 2nd 3rd evo pokemon is just 00 00 ? because is just on 1st evo only or, you can edit on a/0/2/0 ...

You're welcome, I help when I can.

But 0E00 isn't Swords Dance, it's the number of egg's movement.

E = 14

Therefore, not 15 but 14.

You're welcome, I help when I can.

But 0E00 isn't Swords Dance, it's the number of egg's movement.

E = 14

Therefore, not 15 but 14.

OK i just wrong, but i not edit my last comment. ok thank you for correction.

hm egg is always 1st evo / like piplup (empoleon + empoleon), and some pokemon need item for breeding, is have egg move on 2nd base evolution and 1st base evolution (i think yes on a/1/2/3 ... , but i will check it again on a/0/0/2 and a/1/2/3 ..)

ok now is clear for me for edit egg move, i will apply on my mod.

More than editing egg moves, I'd like to see the capability to change "egg pointers" or breeding families, i.e. if I want to change Alomomola into an evo of Luvdisc, it's much more authentic if putting two Alomomola in the daycare produces a Luvdisc egg, get it?

That's something I always wanted in gen 4, even, but never figured out how to do (and no one really publicly researched). Of course, the possibilities were much more... open in gen 4, when totally replacing pokemon with "custom" ones was next to 100% possible, short of, like, the cries or maybe the names. Still, it's a cool possibility... like, say if you wanted Tropius to be the male counterpart to Meganium or something.

a/0/0/2 and pokemon stat data... is you want ? in inside pokemon stat data is have a evolution tree/flag, like rotom on 2nd evolution, archeus/giratina/dialga/ect is on 3rd. alomomola if i not wrong is on 2nd and luvdisc is on 2/1 (i just not remember for this pokemon).

i think a/0/0/2 is for "you mean", i not sure is true since i not fully research this narc. since togekiss in this narc was given a togepi ID, also togetic too so i think is on this narc..

for changing cries for now you can swap on sdat, but i think is possible found on narc data (include move effect~ ect is stored on narc have >300 data)...

@aninymouse: is possible but is need edit on many narc data xD

More than editing egg moves, I'd like to see the capability to change "egg pointers" or breeding families, i.e. if I want to change Alomomola into an evo of Luvdisc, it's much more authentic if putting two Alomomola in the daycare produces a Luvdisc egg, get it?

That's something I always wanted in gen 4, even, but never figured out how to do (and no one really publicly researched). Of course, the possibilities were much more... open in gen 4, when totally replacing pokemon with "custom" ones was next to 100% possible, short of, like, the cries or maybe the names. Still, it's a cool possibility... like, say if you wanted Tropius to be the male counterpart to Meganium or something.

I thought that getting Alomomola to breed for a Luvdisc was just a matter of telling the game that Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola; I assumed the game just worked in this way. If you want to find out more about this though, I think you should make your own thread about it. I'd certainly be interested in finding out about how to do this, or to see if anybody can make a tool for it.

I'm currently working on a tool to edit Egg Moves, HOWEVER every Pokémon has another amount of Egg move data in the hex file.. Which means that a certain hex offset has to be set for each separate Pokémon.

Of course, this offset has to be determined only once for each evolution line (for example only once for the Bulbasaur line, once for the Charmander line, and so on) so not literally all Pokémon have a hex data offset, which halves the work to be done.

This does take some time nonetheless.. I'll try to release a Egg Move editor for Kanto (and Johto, maybe) only soon, when I've determined the correct offsets.

I'm currently working on a tool to edit Egg Moves, HOWEVER every Pokémon has another amount of Egg move data in the hex file.. Which means that a certain hex offset has to be set for each separate Pokémon.

Of course, this offset has to be determined only once for each evolution line (for example only once for the Bulbasaur line, once for the Charmander line, and so on) so not literally all Pokémon have a hex data offset, which halves the work to be done.

This does take some time nonetheless.. I'll try to release a Egg Move editor for Kanto (and Johto, maybe) only soon, when I've determined the correct offsets.

It's a pain that they're set out that way, although I didn't expect it to be difficult to identify them. CrystalTile2 can identify where certain Pokémon's egg move lines start. Will this editor be capable of changing the number of egg moves, or only editing them? I can understand if it would be too tricky to add moves as it would require extra hex values, which I've heard can be tricky in certain narcs.

I'm sure the community will be grateful either way, anyway. Thanks, Oxnite!

It's a pain that they're set out that way, although I didn't expect it to be difficult to identify them. CrystalTile2 can identify where certain Pokémon's egg move lines start. Will this editor be capable of changing the number of egg moves, or only editing them? I can understand if it would be too tricky to add moves as it would require extra hex values, which I've heard can be tricky in certain narcs.

I'm sure the community will be grateful either way, anyway. Thanks, Oxnite!

Well yeah, I think it would be amazing to add new Egg Moves (while keeping the old ones intact), however I currently only focus on replacing old egg moves (I'm not experienced with adding new hex data to a narc).

Well yeah, I think it would be amazing to add new Egg Moves (while keeping the old ones intact), however I currently only focus on replacing old egg moves (I'm not experienced with adding new hex data to a narc).

Remember oxnite if you want added new egg move, is mean increase file size, and must repointer on narc header data.... if not will freezee...

magic name "NARC" is need 4 byte, but you can see on console tool document for how to read narc data .... pointer data is need 2 byte for every data pointer. after data pointer is a real data like standart archive like tar , lzma, another method. i see on PPTE by SVC is can handle that, is using narc class i think....

• 2 months later...
I'm making progress on a Pokémon ROM hack and I have pretty much all the tools I need, apart from one - an Egg Move Editor. I have a level up move editor and a TM/HM editor, but no egg move editor is to be found. Does anybody know where I can find one, and if one hasn't yet been made, does anybody have the knowledge or resources to make one for the community?

Actually i think that´s partially possible with Twisted Fatal´s 5th Gen Moveset Editor, but i havent test it yet. I came up with the idea that since an offspring can enherit a move it learns by level up and that the parent(s) know, then the only thing you would need in order to do that is replace a level up move the basic form knows with the desired move, for example; Replace level up flamethrower attack from charmander (because he also learns it by TM) with the move Fiery Dance and then doing the same for charmeleon and/or charizard, and after that when you breed a charizard or charmeleon with that move, then the offspring charmander should get it aswell because it also learns it by level up, this should be possible because you are replacing the hex value in the game itself. Just like you would do to breed a starly with death gambith for Little Cup.

BTW Andybad in that situation Aninymouse mentioned (Luvdisc ---> Alomomola) then you will have to change the eviolite to work for luvdisc...do you happen to know how to change that?

• 4 weeks later...
Actually i think that´s partially possible with Twisted Fatal´s 5th Gen Moveset Editor, but i havent test it yet. I came up with the idea that since an offspring can enherit a move it learns by level up and that the parent(s) know, then the only thing you would need in order to do that is replace a level up move the basic form knows with the desired move, for example; Replace level up flamethrower attack from charmander (because he also learns it by TM) with the move Fiery Dance and then doing the same for charmeleon and/or charizard, and after that when you breed a charizard or charmeleon with that move, then the offspring charmander should get it aswell because it also learns it by level up, this should be possible because you are replacing the hex value in the game itself. Just like you would do to breed a starly with death gambith for Little Cup.

BTW Andybad in that situation Aninymouse mentioned (Luvdisc ---> Alomomola) then you will have to change the eviolite to work for luvdisc...do you happen to know how to change that?

Breed pokemon only hatch with level-up moves if both parents know the move.

• 2 weeks later...

hm alomomola is mola fish (you can found too inbali island, is on my country), is not related to luvdisc so is not evolved into mola fish O.o *ignore this comment*

change evolution into alomomola ? ok just change evolution tree on pokemon stat (you can ignore that but you must sure about effect if you not change it), after that change evolution line. if you want fix some egg move on both, just change egg group if is not same, change evolution tree on both. after that check on moveset on both pokemon, and egg move moveset is up to you. since is just change evolution, you not need change important data so is safe to change.

• 4 weeks later...

I know how to change evolutions, it's breeding that I've never tried editing. I know that there's a narc with the breeding data, I just don't know where it is.

In other words, I don't know what to change if, let's say, I wanted to be able to put two Alomomola in the daycare, and get a Luvdisc egg. Or, more practically (and much easier to implement), if you put two Azumarill in the daycare, you get an Azurill egg instead of a Maril egg (no Incense needed). Or getting any baby without Incense items, for that matter. It ought to be a matter of changing a simple pointer - probably just the desired egg "result" national dex number.

I like your theory on replacing the move known by the parent, but I don't think it's quite right. Oxnite was previously working on a tool for this (think he might have discontinued, which is a shame) and it seems to me from what he was saying that each Pokémon has its own individual store of egg moves, and if the game sees that any of these moves are known by the father, then it learns the move. The egg move is stored as its own hex value within the species of the offspring Pokémon data. Sorry if I'm wording things a bit badly, but I hope it's making enough sense.

I know how to change evolutions, it's breeding that I've never tried editing. I know that there's a narc with the breeding data, I just don't know where it is.

In other words, I don't know what to change if, let's say, I wanted to be able to put two Alomomola in the daycare, and get a Luvdisc egg. Or, more practically (and much easier to implement), if you put two Azumarill in the daycare, you get an Azurill egg instead of a Maril egg (no Incense needed). Or getting any baby without Incense items, for that matter. It ought to be a matter of changing a simple pointer - probably just the desired egg "result" national dex number.

Ahh... I don't mean to sound like a backseat mod, but doesn't this belong in its own thread?