Lets discuss what HG/SS will do besides being a game

Destati

1) 13th movie will probably feature Ho-oh and not just Mew pretending to be Ho-oh.

2) Perhaps we will get to visit the Orange Islands in Johto. Moreso, the anime migh lead Ash back to the Orange Islands. But whats BEST about this is not that we'll return to the Islands, but that we'll get to see our beloved bird again. You know, the one Ash promised to return to before he left the islands?

3) Hopefully we might see a stronger background relating to the Unown. They're everywher in Sinnoh, but their point of origin seems to be Johto. I want to see what connection they have with Arceus

4) Mewtwo is hiding in the northern mountains of Johto...

Anyone else?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides game...

Would be great to see the islands again and Ash maybe actually use his strong pokemon, finally get Pidgeot back to end up leaving it behind again. God forbid they ever decide to do something with the GS ball now...

About Mewtwo, it would be pretty interesting to have an event island where mewtwo resides, but it seems more people prefer Celebi atm.

You do realize that the anime does not influence the games, right? It's the other way around. The Orange Islands and Mewtwo hiding in the mountains are not things I expect to relate to the games.

Conversely, I do expect to see a return trip to Johto in the anime, if not (at the very least) a real encounter with Ho-Oh finally.

Why are the Orange Islands so mentioned? It seemed really pointless to me. And also, Orange Islands was a anime exclusive, and as someone mentioned, not related to the game at all.

I just hope they have more story detail in the remake =3

Hopefully there will be a way to get Celebi that's actually accessible, as opposed to events that happened several years ago. Those of us Americans only got one chance to get it, and it was something very few people were able to go to. Japan got the Colosseum disc, but everyone else in the world didn't get it at all.

I hope that Ho-ho and the three legendary dogs are all the stars of the next movie like pokemon 2000. Ho-oh hasn't seen a movie appearance yet and what better way to do it like the 2000 movie where you have this great race against time to save the world. on a side not how ling after the original GS games was the 2000 movie released?

I hope that Ho-ho and the three legendary dogs are all the stars of the next movie like pokemon 2000. Ho-oh hasn't seen a movie appearance yet and what better way to do it like the 2000 movie where you have this great race against time to save the world. on a side not how ling after the original GS games was the 2000 movie released?

Good point the pokemon movie 2000 had lugia and the 3 birds so ho-oh and 3 dogs in the new film:D

on a side not how ling after the original GS games was the 2000 movie released?

Pokémon 2000 was actually released several months before Gold and Silver, IIRC. I'm not sure about the Japanese release dates, but in the USA it came out in the spring / early summer, and GS came out in September / October.

Remember that the movie took place in the Orange Islands, before Ash & co. had started the Johto adventures.

I was wondering that myself. I think that, considering it's been about four years since FireRed and LeafGreen came out, and seeing how integral Kanto was to the latter portion of GSC, they will keep it in, at least to some extent.

But who knows? Maybe HG and SS will have their own "Sevii Islands" (or an equivalent).

Or maybe we'll get lucky and they'll keep Kanto in without shrinking it down as much as last time. After all, these are remakes of GBC games, and between the (rather impressive) length and depth of DPPt and the advent of better and better technology, HG and SS have some expectations to live up to.

I have another question: will HG and SS have an underground?

they'll probably have an underground. Maybe they'll have mines instead in the north area between Johto and Kanto. Nothing much goes on there. I don't see how they can combine the underground for both Johto and Kanto. Its too big.

Or maybe there will be an islet where you can dig for buried treasure and make pirate coves... IN THE ORANGE ISLANDS.

I wonder if they're going to make the regis available this time around too. The birds are sort of obvious