Trying out a UU team

Introduction

All right, so I somewhat got bored of OU and I want to try UU. However, as you all know, I'm terrible at making teams that can support each other and whatnot. And most of you know that I love to make teams that are good with stalling and come out on top with indirect damage. I have other Pokemon that may replace certain Pokemon and all. Without further ado, please rate my team!

The Team

[sprite]208[/sprite]

Luster the Steelix@Leftovers

Male

Impish Nature

Rock Head

252 HP/120 Atk/136 SpDef (yes, it's Smogon's set, other than maxing out HP, I don't know the reason for the other two)

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Explosion

Steelix is my lead, and as usual, I try to set up Stealth Rocks in the field. I realize Steelix is weak on the special side and will be promptly OHKO'd by Flamethrowers or Surfs, but the leads I've met were usually physical and therefore will have a tough time taking this Iron Snake down. Once I lay out the rocks, I either start attacking with Stone Edges and Earthquakes, explode if I think his job is done, or I switch out, saving him later for another time. He's been effective for the most part, but I have to watch out for Magnet Pull Probopasses, which like to switch in, Magnet Rise so Earthquake won't affect me, and Earth Power Steelix to death while Stone Edge does pitiful damage against him.

Weaknesses: Water, Fire, Ground, Fighting

Resistances: Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Psychic, Dark, Dragon, Steel

Immunities: Poison, Electric

Accomplishments: Defeated Purugly, Solrock, Gengar, and Mamoswine

[sprite]097[/sprite]

Tapir the Hypno@Leftovers

Female

Calm Nature

Insomnia

252 HP/56 Def/200 SpDef

- Wish

- Thunder Wave

- Reflect

- Seismic Toss

Hypno is my main special wall. With HP/Def/SpDef of 374/190/347, she's sure to take hits, and adding reflect can help her tank physical attacks too. Wish is my main method of supporting the team with an instant recovery move while Thunder Wave hurts sweepers by slowing them down to dust (my team is filled with slowpokes). Seismic Toss is there for consistency, but I do have some problems. Hypno tends to die very often from stuff like Sweeper Clamperl and whatnot and usually I'm left with very little health to use Wish with. Perhaps I'll need room for Protect? Any suggestions?

Weaknesses: Bug, Ghost, Dark

Resistances: Fighting, Psychic

Immunities: None

Accomplishments: Defeated sweeper Clamperl, Raticate

[sprite]031[/sprite]

Regina the Nidoqueen@Leftovers

Female

Impish Nature

Poison Point

252 HP/96 Atk/160 Def

- Toxic Spikes

- Crunch

- Superpower

- Earthquake

Nidoqueen is my main bulky ground and can do plenty of things in UU. Firstly, her movepool is so large people won't know what to expect. I went all physical, but you can make a suggestion here to go mixed or special if you want. She can also tank hits from Fighters and others, which is really needed here. If she has nothing better to do, she can Toxic Spikes if needed, although it doesn't work too well in UU. I think her role is largely redundant with Steelix, so I'll need help here :-/ Maybe I'll go with Nidoking, I'm not sure...

Weaknesses: Water, Ground, Ice, Psychic

Resistances: Fighting, Poison, Bug, Rock

Immunities: Electric

Accomplishments: Defeated Gallade, Rampardos, and Nidoking in one battle

[sprite]323[/sprite]

Humphrey the Camerupt@Leftovers

Male

Modest Nature

Solid Rock

228 HP/72 SpA/208 SpDef

- Yawn

- HP Grass

- Earth Power

- Heat Wave

So here is my beloved camel of doom! He's supposed to be very efficient at walling stuff, but for some reason, he loves to get critical'd by random things every single time. Here's how he works: he yawns stuff, forces them to switch or stay and fear Camerupt's powerful attacks. Heat Wave and Earth Power are his main STAB options, and HP Grass is there for coverage against Quagsires and bulky waters who think they can switch in with impunity. But even then, I'd switch him out instead. I think I have way too many Electric immunes (I get very paranoid about electric Pokemon, but then again, when do I see them other than in OU?) If you guys can think of a replacement, please say so! But this camel's too cool :(

Weaknesses: 1.5x to Ground, and a 3x to Water!

Resistances: Fire, Bug, Steel, Poison

Immunities: Electric

Accomplishments: Kept on dying, kept getting Critical'd... and defeated Mothim @_@

[sprite]071[/sprite]

Vicky the Victreebel@Salac Berry

Female

Adamant Nature

Chlorophyll

76 HP/252 Atk/180 Speed <--- outspeeds base 60s

- Swords Dance

- Return

- Sucker Punch

- Leaf Blade

With Stealth Rocks and/or Toxic Spikes around, Victreebel shouldn't have a hard time switching into something she resists and set up Swords Dance and start sweeping. We have STAB Leaf Blade, which unlike its predecessor Sludge Bomb, it actually gets type coverage. There's Sucker Punch in case something likes to be smart and try a priority move. Return is just there for coverage, although Body Slam might work for that chance of paralysis, but I don't know if that's worth the power drop. Salac Berry works well if Victreebel is low in health... and then she can proceed to sweep. I realize her friends Vileplume and Bellossom are more bulkier and more fit for this team (not to mention they use special attacks, which my team needs more, I think)... so do you think Victreebel should stay or go?

Weaknesses: Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic

Resistances: Grass, Fighting, Water, Electric

Accomplishments: Swept Kingler, Skuntank, Lunatone, Gastrodon... and defeated Probopass

[sprite]009[/sprite]

Tortoise the Blastoise@Leftovers

Male

Bold Nature

Torrent

252 HP/220 Def/36 Speed <--- outspeeds 200 speeders by 1 point

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic

- Protect

- Surf

Yay my favorite starter! This guy is what makes thing so SLOOOOOWWWW. Toxic hits things not Steel or Poison types to slowly sap away their HP while Blastoise proceeds to wall them, weaken them with Surf, and Protect for a free turn of Leftovers recovery. Rapid Spin spins away those rocks, which I really need (although none of my team is particularly weak to it), but those rocks can make a difference between a 3HKO and a 2HKO. I might want to keep him in... and I have plenty of grass and electric resists/immunes in this team to back him up.

Weaknesses: Electric, Grass

Resistances: Steel, Fire, Water, Ice

Accomplishments: Defeated Probopass, Drifblim, and Gastrodon

If some of these Pokemon don't seem to work well in my team, please pick one of these in this list to replace them if needed. In my eyes, these are UU for now (the classical one); I refuse to use Smogon's UU right now because it's all screwed up. Milotic and Spiritomb in UU? No way! I even have NU and some popular NFEs in this team too... If anyone wants to test out UU with me or whatnot these are the ones I'm allowing for now:

Absol <--- testing

Aggron

Aipom

Altaria

Ampharos

Arbok <--- NU

Ariados

Armaldo

Banette

Bastiodon

Beautifly <--- NU

Beedrill <--- NU

Bellossom

Bibarel

Blastoise

Butterfree <--- NU... testing to see if too strong for NU

Cacturne

Camerupt

Carnivine

Castform

Chatot

Cherrim

Chimecho

Clamperl

Claydol

Cloyster

Corsola <--- NU

Cradily

Crawdaunt

Delcatty

Delibird <--- NU

Dewgong

Ditto <--- NU?

Dodrio

Drapion

Drifblim

Dunsparce

Dustox <--- NU

Electabuzz

Electrode

Exploud

Farfetch'd <--- NU :(

Fearow

Flareon

Furret <--- possible NU... testing if Trick set is a bit too much

Girafarig

Glaceon

Glalie

Gligar

Golduck

Golem

Gorebyss

Granbull

Graveler (if Golem is here, why use him?)

Grumpig

Hippopotas <--- testing

Hitmonchan

Hitmonlee

Hitmontop

Huntail

Hypno

Illumise

Kabutops <--- testing for he is BROKEN in the rain @_@

Kadabra

Kangaskhan

Kecleon

Kingler

Kricketune <--- NU

Lanturn

Leafeon

Ledian <--- NU

Lickitung

Linoone

Lopunny

Lumineon <--- NU

Lunatone

Luvdisc <--- NU

Luxray

Machoke

Magcargo <--- NU

Magmar

Manectric

Magneton

Mantine

Masquerain <--- NU

Mawile

Meganium

Mightyena

Miltank <--- testing

Minun

Misdreavus <--- testing

Mothim <--- NU

Mr. Mime

Muk

Murkrow

Nidoking

Nidoqueen

Noctowl

Nosepass <--- but we already have Probopass...

Octillery

Omastar

Pachirisu <--- NU

Parasect

Pelipper

Persian

Phione

Pidgeot <--- possible NU

Pikachu

Piloswine

Plusle <--- NU

Politoed

Poliwrath

Porygon <--- testing

Primeape

Probopass

Purugly

Quagsire

Qwilfish

Raichu

Rampardos

Rapidash

Raticate <--- possible NU, not sure

Rayquaza <--- :D

Relicanth

Rhydon <--- testing

Rotom, original form

Sableye

Sandslash

Scyther

Seadra

Seaking <--- NU

Seviper

Sharpedo

Shedinja <--- questionable placement

Shiftry

Shuckle

Skuntank

Snover <--- testing

Solrock

Spinda <--- NU

Stantler

Steelix <--- testing

Sudowoodo <--- possible NU, but I think is too strong

Sunflora <--- NU, possibly

Swalot <--- another possible NU

Swellow <--- testing to see if Guts + Facade is broken or not

Tangela

Togetic

Torkoal

Toxicroak

Trapinch

Tropius

Unown <--- NU

Venomoth

Vespiquen

Victreebel

Vigoroth

Vileplume

Volbeat

Wailord

Walrein <--- works in UU without hail I think, but may change mind

Whiscash <--- possible NU, but wondering if he's really UU

Wigglytuff <--- NU possibly

Wormadam, all forms

Xatu

Edited by wraith89

On Steelix change Stone edge to Gyro ball and Stealth rock to Curse.

He's too slow and not strong enough to work as a lead in UU, where the majority of leads have at least 65 base speed and carry taunt. ( also with his weak offensive stats Earthquake is a 3- 4HKO on most of them. He's great at mid game walling though.

Make nidoqueen your lead and Change Toxic spikes to Stealth rocks.

Toxic spikes are too easily absorbed in UU, as poison types are pretty abundant here.

I don't see sucker punch stopping too many priority user's on Victrebell as its low base speed means Even slow pokemon will out speed you ( and sucker punch fails against priority attacks if the opposing Pokemon is faster. ) also did not know it could even learn sucker punch.

Anyway the main reason swords dance isn't used on Victreebel to often is that it's physical movepool sucks it only really gets Return + leaf blade for type coverage. Meaning you don't hit much outside of UU for SE damage.

While the difference of 5 in Base stats between Attack and special attack doesn't do much because leaf blade is a 70 power attack, while leaf storm and solar beam are a 150 and 140 move respectively. Its also a chlorophyll pokemon, meaning giving it Sunny day/HP x/Leaf storm /Sleep powder makes it pretty good. Sunny day on the switch, Sleep spore the counter and then proceed to sweep with a 150 power 1 turn attack that gets STAB along with a hidden power of your choice.

MEH sorry gotta get to class, good luck with your team.

Edit ***** Ok whats up with that list of UU banned pokemon?

Regigigas is fail against ANY experienced player, Mamoswine is a BEAST in OU, who would EVER consider him for NU/UU? Peck? ANY pokemon with a 400% weakness can be killed by a weak attack if backed up by decent attack, Rock smash can OHKO Tyranitar, but thats besides the point.

Most of the things you listed as "Broken" are literally walled by a rather large portion of the UU metagame .

Aside from the Obvious OU/UBER pokemon you listed here I don't qualify the majority of them to be put into BL.

Clefable is ridiculously easy to deal with, I don't understand why everyone's losing to greencats.

On milotic the prevalence of grassknot and the fact that it 2HKO's her unboosted is cause enough for her to be UU, if that isn't convincing how about after stealth rocks damage a +2 Close combat from a 100 Base attack pokemon has a chance to OHKO her, assuming no marvel scale boost. And the Majority of CC users have more than 100 base attack. So they don't even need to do max damage to OHKO her.

Milktank + Kangaskhan are wonderful physical walls in UU, they don't have the stats to do it in OU though.

Azumarill needs the CB to really do any damage, not to mention that with its lame speed it's walled too easily by anything that resists it. Letting gyarados/Salamence get off a dragon dance could cost you the game. Intimidate pokemon also screw it over, as the higher your attack is the larger the attack drop is. ( although it stays the same %, the number value is decreased more because the stat is higher )

Dusclops without the attack makes him a weak wall, the slightly lower defenses mean he cant takes attack as well, and the lower attack means he's only killing things with a 4x weakness anyway. He's UU.

Houndoom isn't fast enough to be anything but UU, frail + mediocre speed is terrible! And without any good offensive stats there's no use for him in the higher tiers.

Wynaut is an uber just like wobuffet, they literally have the same movepool and he functions as a slightly less bulky wobuffet in OU.

Gah I'm not going to go over all of them here. Think of it this way, I can sweep good teams with a Bibarel if played right, that doesn't make it uber!

Good luck with your team.

Your list of banned pokemon is totally messed up.

Clefable: You can OHKO him with any Explosion lead, and horrible defensive stats make a 2HKO even with one cosmic power. And honestly, Greencat's wasn't that great, he should have made a belly drum set.

Ninetales: Hypnoplot only allows for two attacks. The only worthwhile ones are Flamethrower and Energy Ball. (on Specs sets, Dark Pulse is also possible) Priority will 2HKO her at worst and even with Nasty Plot, half of UU can wall her two main attacks.

Haunter: OHKOed by anything. Move it back.

Chansey: Oh come on, put it back. You're ruining the UU metagame, any physical attack will OHKO chansey's base 50 speed.

Marowak: His low speed is his downfall.

Jynx: I'm lolling at banning a base 35 defense pokemon. Luna set isnt that crippling anyway and has a ton of counters in UU.

Feraligator: DD Salamence is amazing in OU and hes not Uber, so why are you banning the UU equivalent?

Azumarill: Are you insane? Azumarill has a base 50 attack, even with Huge Power, thats a max attack stat of 436, and Aqua Jet is resisted by half the metagame.

Houndoom: I'd like to see that thing get anywhere. You realize its an OHKO by Mach Punch from almost anyone?

Miltank: Her usefulness as Utility is undeniable, but I still don't think shes too powerful.

Zangoose: Scizor gets Swords Dance and Bullet Punch. With proper prediction, you can abuse that high attack stat quite nicely. Is he banned? Is he broken? Zangoose gets Swords Dance and Quick Attack. With proper prediction, you can abuse his high attack stat quite nicely. Should he be banned?

Regis: Put them back in, they're not too strong and excellent defensive walls in UU. Not nearly powerful enough to be moved up, and there are absolutely NO viable sandstorm teams in UU.

Floatzel: Hes only viable as a revenge killer anyway as his horrible defense is the death of him. Put him back.

Gastrodon: Are you insane? He should be in NU (and he is), not BL. His base 39 speed is outsped by every grass type in UU and his only moderate sp. def could never take a 4x grass attack. Put him back...

Mismagius: You said it yourself. Lucario is difficult to take down, and has different counters for different sets, but hes in OU. You can't take things out because they're strong...

Regigigas: Put him back, same reasons as Regis. He's only useful late game when his counters are gone and he can stall till he gets his attack back.

Please don't put pokemon that are ALREADY Ubers, BL, or OU pokemon as banned. We know, we dont care.

Well, out of the battles we had I think that this team works well, to a degree.

Steelix is an interesting lead, But it can be shut down by a pokemon with magnet pull. Like my probopass, I could put on Iron Defence or some other stat move and feel free to increase my stats without any problem.

You said before that hypno didn't get any time to use wish effectivly. Grumpig is another UU special wall. The more common sets use rest and calm mind. Because of all the slow pokemon on your team you might want to give trick room to Hypno.

As for Nidoqueen, I didn't see her in action very much so I can't say much.

Camerupt has good Atk and SAtk but It's slow. It only KO'd my mothim and then went down. If it had Trickroom or screen's it might fare better. (max out SAtk attack for trick room)

Your Victrebell was amazing! I didn't see a physical sweeper. With the salac boost and Swords Dance, It was able to sweep my whole team. Sucker punch gives it priority which can ease the tension on "Vicky". :P

Blastoise caused me a lot of problems. It's toxic just ruined my gastrodon. It's a "standardish" set but it's effective.

Can't say much as I'm not very good at rating teams but I think that it has promise. Try including Trick room.

Edited by ParaDoX65
Bad Grammer :P

On Steelix change Stone edge to Gyro ball and Stealth rock to Curse.

He's too slow and not strong enough to work as a lead in UU, where the majority of leads have at least 65 base speed and carry taunt. ( also with his weak offensive stats Earthquake is a 3- 4HKO on most of them. He's great at mid game walling though.

Make nidoqueen your lead and Change Toxic spikes to Stealth rocks.

Toxic spikes are too easily absorbed in UU, as poison types are pretty abundant here.

I don't see sucker punch stopping too many priority user's on Victrebell as its low base speed means Even slow pokemon will out speed you ( and sucker punch fails against priority attacks if the opposing Pokemon is faster. ) also did not know it could even learn sucker punch.

Anyway the main reason swords dance isn't used on Victreebel to often is that it's physical movepool sucks it only really gets Return + leaf blade for type coverage. Meaning you don't hit much outside of UU for SE damage.

While the difference of 5 in Base stats between Attack and special attack doesn't do much because leaf blade is a 70 power attack, while leaf storm and solar beam are a 150 and 140 move respectively. Its also a chlorophyll pokemon, meaning giving it Sunny day/HP x/Leaf storm /Sleep powder makes it pretty good. Sunny day on the switch, Sleep spore the counter and then proceed to sweep with a 150 power 1 turn attack that gets STAB along with a hidden power of your choice.

MEH sorry gotta get to class, good luck with your team.

Thanks, I was wondering what to do with Nidoqueen and Steelix. So Steelix functions somewhat like a Skarmory in UU so he shouldn't be lead? I see.

I've always done special Victreebel before... but I just wanted to try to vary her a little bit. After all, Victreebel is my favorite plant (I think)... and so I wanted to try using her without getting outshadowed by Vileplume and Bellossom, who have the same Special Attack (at least Vileplume does) and more bulk. I think I'll try a mixed set then... go go Leaf Storm! :P

Isn't Solarbeam 120? o_O

There's a Sucker Punch tutor in Platinum (I know, Platinum has many move tutor moves!) Sucker Punch helped me against an Extremespeed Linoone after Vicky Salac'd... and might work against Kadabras and Haunters (as long as they're not sashed) :P

Oh yeah, Leaf Blade is actually 90 base power now in DP. Back in RSE it was 70 :)

Thanks for the rate, I'll see what I can do.

Is there a HUGE weakness I should watch out for?

@ Illithian: I know it sounds weird, but I want to keep it this way for me until I can test them out for a while and see how they actually function. I believe they're BL, but most of them are low BL anyways... but please, rate my team instead of my list. Those are the conditions I'm playing with for UU as for now... I just want a rating of my team, please :)

You haven't seen Gastrodon in its full potential :-/

Please don't put pokemon that are ALREADY Ubers, BL, or OU pokemon as banned. We know, we dont care.

I don't care for you Smogonites either... why so serious? Can't I have some fun? Pokenerds -__-

Some are actually debatable believe it or not... and NOT everyone knows. For me, I think Mismagius is more BL than Honchkrow is... but you don't agree. See? It's not all written in stone or anything... so stop complaining about my list for now. It says in parentheses "for now"... it is ALWAYS subject to change. Don't be so harsh and all... ='<

@ Paradox: Yeah... I was debating between Hypno and Grumpig... and I don't know who to choose @_@

I'll battle you sometime with UUs, if you want, wraith89. :creep:

Btw, I think Absol is pretty good. Give it the critical hit item, give it all high critical hit ratio moves, and have the Super Luck ability. Now, your Absol has a 33.3% of critical hitting people. I like that a lot =D

I'll battle you sometime with UUs, if you want, wraith89. :creep:

Btw, I think Absol is pretty good. Give it the critical hit item, give it all high critical hit ratio moves, and have the Super Luck ability. Now, your Absol has a 33.3% of critical hitting people. I like that a lot =D

Sure thing. Try out Shoddy once in a while :D

ah, good thing some people here know about UU. I'm completely at fault with UU. I dunno, but does Milotic pose a threat? It looks like it can wall most of your team

For now, I'm not allowing Milotic in my UU battles. As you can see, I put up a ridiculous ban list above and people are all complaining about that when it's not really going to be permanent and I only want to test things out mostly (but Milotic and Spiritomb are DEFINITELY staying banned). :P

I think I'm scared of Altaria or something for now... because I don't really have any Ice attacks to scare her away or anything... and Natural Cure gets rid of status after switching @_@

Wraith.... That's not how you play Pokemon. I have a small Latias weakness. Why do I not ban Latias from every game I play? Because thats not how other people play. Thats like playing Chess except the opponent's not allowed to use Knights or Bishops because you're not prepared for them.

UU is a game. Just because you think Milotic's powerful doesn't mean the entire game is going to stop just for you. You need to learn how to counter it. Ludicolo, Raikou, Chansey, Abomasnow, Mesprit, Shaymin, Gardevoir, Lanturn, Mismagius, Porygon2, Slowking, Slowbro and Muk ALL counter Milotic. You don't even have any anti-water Pokemon on your team besides the NU Victreebel. You need to put more thought in your team rather than just banning everything that poses a threat.

UU means UNDERUSED. Milotic has not been used that often in Standard, therefore it has been pushed to UU for being UNDERUSED. The UU tier is a throw-away tier. Always has been.

Wraith.... That's not how you play Pokemon. I have a small Latias weakness. Why do I not ban Latias from every game I play? Because thats not how other people play. Thats like playing Chess except the opponent's not allowed to use Knights or Bishops because you're not prepared for them.

UU is a game. Just because you think Milotic's powerful doesn't mean the entire game is going to stop just for you. You need to learn how to counter it. Ludicolo, Raikou, Chansey, Abomasnow, Mesprit, Shaymin, Gardevoir, Lanturn, Mismagius, Porygon2, Slowking, Slowbro and Muk ALL counter Milotic. You don't even have any anti-water Pokemon on your team besides the NU Victreebel. You need to put more thought in your team rather than just banning everything that poses a threat.

UU means UNDERUSED. Milotic has not been used that often in Standard, therefore it has been pushed to UU for being UNDERUSED. The UU tier is a throw-away tier. Always has been.

Most of the Pokemon you just listed are very viable in OU. For now, I'd like to keep it this way... I'm adding them back into the list one by one... but I don't like how everything became UU and ruined the usage of stuff like Poliwrath (I don't see them anymore) and the classic UU.

Blame Platinum's release. Standard had to be balanced. If Milotic's not usable in Standard it needs to be usable in UU. Again, just because your feelings are hurt doesn't mean people are not going to use a certain Pokemon against you. This reminds me of Edgar Clause.

edgarclausefc6.jpg

Looks ridiculous, doesn't it. You're basically doing the same thing though.

And I didn't like the fact that Weavile became useless besides as a lead. So what did I do? I got over it, remade my team and now I'm prepared for any OU competition to come my way.

LOL, you know the Edgar's Clause too? :)

I spammed that all over Smogon yesterday and they kicked me out :D

Anyways, look, that's not what I'm doing. That's GREATLY exaggerated, and I like my style of playing for now. If you don't like it, then don't. It's not Smogon's UU... it's classic UU resurfaced so that things that don't make an appearance CAN make an appearance. I know some stuff in the ban list is ridiculous, but I always try putting them back in somehow. However, not now. Don't criticize the list for now... just... criticize my team :)

I already criticized your team. Everyone plays by the set of rules crafted by Smogon. Its not a "classic UU resurfaced so that things that don't make an appearance CAN make an appearance," its an excuse for you to use your favorite Pokemon. Play NU if you like Victreebel so much.

I love the irony that they kicked for you spamming Edgar's Clause, yet you choose to essentially follow the same mentality. So lets say I have a Milotic. You would never battle me because you're afraid of it. Thats not "playing differently." Thats called being a bad player.

You're asking for people to rate your team for UU gameplay, not "Your version of UU gameplay that bans every pokemon you're afraid of."

I already criticized your team. Everyone plays by the set of rules crafted by Smogon. Its not a "classic UU resurfaced so that things that don't make an appearance CAN make an appearance," its an excuse for you to use your favorite Pokemon. Play NU if you like Victreebel so much.

I love the irony that they kicked for you spamming Edgar's Clause, yet you choose to essentially follow the same mentality. So lets say I have a Milotic. You would never battle me because you're afraid of it. Thats not "playing differently." Thats called being a bad player.

You're asking for people to rate your team for UU gameplay, not "Your version of UU gameplay that bans every pokemon you're afraid of."

Um, not exactly. I'm not a Smogonite... and I don't play NU for now. UU is where all the fun is at. And no, Edgar's Clause is very exaggerated... and I don't use Pokemon that are banned from my list either... so you can't say the same about me.

So what if I think Milotic is OU? She was before... why can't she just stay there? Yeah, things change, but can't people play for fun and all? I'm still in the middle of testing, NOTHING is arbitrary... and I even allow my opponents to use stuff like Gastrodon sometimes, just ask Paradox.

And like I said, no criticizing my list. Someone lock this topic for now... no one's really giving me a real criticism except Enkidu @_@

She can't stay in OU because she's not OVER USED. She's UNDER USED. Thats like saying why didn't we keep Garchomp in OU? Because things change. Much like how Garchomp was destroying OU, OU was destroying Milotic. Milotic doesn't work that well in OU anymore. She's been outclassed by Vaporeon, Suicune and others. She's been like that since Diamond/Pearl came out, but the Hypnosis drop pushed her over the edge.

Enkidu also criticized your ban list. Enkidu did a lot worse than me I believe.

She can't stay in OU because she's not OVER USED. She's UNDER USED. Thats like saying why didn't we keep Garchomp in OU? Because things change. Much like how Garchomp was destroying OU, OU was destroying Milotic. Milotic doesn't work that well in OU anymore. She's been outclassed by Vaporeon, Suicune and others. She's been like that since Diamond/Pearl came out, but the Hypnosis drop pushed her over the edge.

Enkidu also criticized your ban list. Enkidu did a lot worse than me I believe.

I know I know. I appreciate you trying to help me Destati, I really do, but usage seems to be correlated with how good a Pokemon is in battling... and I find some things to be underestimated, so I'm giving them a chance to shine. And like I said, I'm not keeping it like this forever, but I'm not conforming to Smogon's list and all because I don't like the flood of new Pokemon in UU stealing the roles of the usual Blastoise and the likes.

So thanks for your input... but it's going to stay that way for now until I do some testing with Paradox.

Wraith, I'd love to make a UU team to go against you, except for one big issue:

You essentially took out all the threats in UU just because they were... threats. Thats no way to play. If that happenned in OU, we would have to take out all these pokemon:

Salamence

Lucario

Scizor

Suicune

Jirachi

Tyranitar

Azelf

Blissey

The list goes on. These pokemon are either capable of taking down teams, seriously annoying them, or are incredibly hard to take down. But not any combination of the three. If a single pokemon was annoying, could take down teams, and was hard to take down, then I would consider it worth uberifying. None of the pokemon on your ban list are all three, and as such they should all be in UU.

And incase you didn't notice, SCV has posted multiple times that our Shoddy uses Smogon tier rules for now. Not your tier rules, which are totally broken.

And I hope you realize we can't rate your team effectively without solidly knowing what you'll be facing.

Finally, its worth mentioning that you took out literally all the water types that might potentially be a threat to cover up your three water weaknesses, all of which are quite slow. Please revert to Smogon's UU. If you can't adapt, then you aren't a good battler.

Okay. I'm closing this since it became a debate on the user's rules rather than RMT.

For the future, there's nothing against using non-Smogon tier lists (or at some point, non-PP tier list). However, a (individual)user-made tier list is basically theory-mon, and it does seem that you are just randomly banning whatever just happens to be your weaknesses.

Closed. In the future, if someone is just making crap rules or clauses and it seems to be just so their team will work, send me a PM.