Any tricks for catching pokemon?

pokemonfan

Do you have any tricks for catching pokemon in ruby, sapphire, or emerald versions? Like when you throw the pokeball you press or hold X. Something like that...I would like to know if there are any of them out there I think there is one for firered when you press a rapidly when you throw the ball.

For sapphire I believe that you hold A at a certain point when the ball is bouncing up and down after you threw the ball. I'm not sure how to describe that point of the bounce and not sure if I have it pin pointed so it might be luck.

I hope other people have some!

I dont know, I caught my kyogre with an ultra ball when it was almost at full health by pressing the A button rapidly so I think there is something to it. I swear on the name of drifloon that I caught it when it was almost full health while rapidly pressing A.

The regis may have been an accident because they had like 1 HP left but I dont know for sure.

It's all luck really. Nothing special ever happens from doing that... but psychologically, it seems to work... and I don't know why :)

I ALWAYS find myself holding Up + B and whatnot... just to catch stuff... and sometimes it ends up soft resetting my GBA/DS :P

Actually I was pretty sure that all of the tricks were removed in platinum and that they were glitches in the other game if they are real which I'm 90% sure that they are. I dont think they can actually be confirmed because it would be a near impossibility to perfectly replicate a wild catching scenario where it supposedly worked.

Er, no glitches. It's just superstition... but I WILL admit in RB EVERY SINGLE TIME I pushed Up + B and threw a Pokeball on common Pokemon without weakening them, I ALWAYS caught them... something's to be questioned here :-/

Exactly what I'm talking about! I think that in the later games something like that just increased the catch rate like in firered/R/S/E I think it increased the catch rate by 90% however in earlier games it might have been guarenteed...I dont know I dont think anyone ever will for sure.

I always press Down+B, since my brother taught me it when I was beginning Pokémon and it grew into habit. I've heard some people say it was an actual glitch or something, but I don't think it was ever proven...

Anyways, maybe you're doing MicroPK and forcing the Pokémon to be caught by using your mind. ;)

Well in the GBA era, i would either: when the ball is about to close, i press A, then once it's rocking back, and forth, i press Left, or Right, and it works here, and there, but in Emerald when i went to select a Pokeball, i would press A+B until it worked.

Hahahaha my standard trick is "Left+B" or sometimes I make circles hahaha

I know it doesn't works but kinda gives it teh magic

By the way I haven't been able to catch that elusive :bidoof: ...not even with tricks...

Its amazing how many dumb tricks we all have that we think work. I mean, I dont think the game designers would let there be such a glitch but being since we all do so many different things I'm starting to doubt the whole thing.