Directly editing .SAV files isn't working with R4

I started Platinum on R4 and wanted to change my Piplup (it was adamant) I opened the .SAV file in Pokesav PT and changed it to modest. When I put it back in my R4 it still says I have an adamant Piplup but when I open the exact same .SAV file in pokesav again it says it is Modest. What the hell? Is this a major bug? If so, where should I report it?

No offense, but this has to be something you're doing wrong. Unfortunately I can't tell you much more than that without looking over your shoulder as you're doing this.

It sounds like you're playing the old save file though and editing a different one. Check into that.

Actually for some reason this is a common question on IRC. For some reason it happens more for platinum than DP.

Someone said it was because of the wrong save slot. But I tried Auto Save, Save 1 and Save 2 and it still won't work. ***Breaking Rules*** But I hear that other people are using Pokesav without problems...

I also ***Breaking Rules*** and I can perfectly edit that .SAV file the exact same way I'm trying it with Pokesav Platinum...

I don't know if it's against the rules but if it isn't could you tell me wich ROM someone is using with Pokesav?

Someone said it was because of the wrong save slot. But I tried Auto Save, Save 1 and Save 2 and it still won't work. Maybe I need to redownload the ROM? (although, I'm completly sure I downloaded the US version for both the ROM and Pokesav) But I hear that other people are using Pokesav without problems...

I also downloaded Pearl ROM and I can perfectly edit that .SAV file the exact same way I'm trying it with Pokesav Platinum...

I don't know if it's against the rules but if it isn't could you tell me wich ROM someone is using with Pokesav?

I am using the ROM which I backed up from the game that I bought. You should do the same. Also read the rules if you want to know what they are. "I don't know if it's against the rules but ..." does not excuse you from an infraction.