Need a team for just for killing

I'll try and explain this the best i can.

I'm facing my friends in Pokemon, i need a team that can kill their Pokemon fast. like a team just for killing pokemon

Note: its a team with no legendary's

Im already just using these 3.

Garchomp (jolly) with choice band (physical sweeper)

Gengar (timid) with choice scarf (special sweeper)

Lucario (adamant) with life orb (Physical sweeper)

Try Alakazam with his monstrous Special Attack and Speed. Although, it is quite fragile with the lack of resistance.

If you want raw killing power, try Rhyperior.

There are a lot of Power Houses. Just use the ones with high speed, since speed is the key to killing an opponent's entire team.

I'll try and explain this the best i can.

I'm facing my friends in Pokemon, i need a team that can kill their Pokemon fast. like a team just for killing pokemon

Note: its a team with no legendary's

Im already just using these 3.

Garchomp (jolly) with choice band (physical sweeper)

Gengar (timid) with choice scarf (special sweeper)

Lucario (adamant) with life orb (Physical sweeper)

Is Garchomp banned around your area?

Is Garchomp banned around your area?

nope were just playing at school, so i dont think they really care

Eh what?

You are better of using this line up.

Metagross (Lead)

Gyarados

Lucario

Salamence

Infernape

Jolteon

Try that line up, not as effect cause you guys are playing no legends. =/

does the team got good defensive stats?

cuz i played my friend today, most of the hits were 1 hit ko to me T_T

nope were just playing at school, so i dont think they really care

does the team got good defensive stats?

cuz i played my friend today, most of the hits were 1 hit ko to me T_T

Metagross- defensive physically and can take hits well

Gyarados- factor in intimidate and he's somewhat bulky. There's also a bulkydos set if you like that

Lucario- no, this guy is frail but immune to Sandstorm

Salamence- somewhat fragile, but Intimidate somewhat helps

Infernape- dies to a Wurmple's tackle (an overexaggeration, I know)

Jolteon- frail but is immune to electric moves and heals from it

You have 2 ground immunities, but FOUR ground weakness's! No way! Anything that carry's Stone edge + Earthquake would have a field day with that team. ( and theres a lot that does now ) :(

Since you guys didn't post any Natures/Spreads/Movesets try out this team

Gyarados

Tyranitar

Swampert

Lucario

+ whatever else you want in the last two slots.

What does this team give you?

Lucario - A monster late game sweeper who is immune to Sandstorm. Once your oppoents team are all 70% or less you'll be hard pressed to find something he doesn't OHKO.

Tyranitar - Capable of running through teams on its own, but more important can get rid of the majority of Gyarados/Lucario's counters opening up a chance to sweep with either of them midgame.

Swampert - Your answer to Jolteon and Zapdos Without Hidden power grass, Perfect to Roar out Cm suicune and Curse Snorlax. If at full life can Come in on a Salamence's DD, take the outrage/earthquake and OHKO with Ice beam. Also puts down rocks and counters heatran without HP grass and Infernape without grassknot.

Gyarados - Walls a lot of physical attackers lacking a Rock/thunder type attack. with a jolly nature and 252 Speed EV's even outspeeds Timid 252 speed Jolteon and can go for the OHKO with earthquake. When used right, runs through teams , easily.

This gives you 3 pokemon immune to sandstorm, 2 pokemon immune to spikes/toxic spikes right off the bat. While tyranitar does have a few common weakness's and might be hard to play if you don't know what your doing, he's a great trapper and can cause more havoc then most pokemon. Honestly though, Gyara + Ttar have a glaring weakness to Electrivire but with his frailness he's not going to be switching in more than once if he's hit by either of TTar/Gyara's attacks. Just make sure it isnt 2-1 and his last pokemon is Electrivire and yours are Gyarados and Tyranitar. <- which shouldnt happen anyway.

Gengar + Magnezone would round out the team nicely, but it would just be a team of Generic OU counters at that point.

Trying to go for a Rain dance + Sandstorm thing might be cool though, but whatever figure something out.

You have 2 ground immunities, but FOUR ground weakness's! No way! Anything that carry's Stone edge + Earthquake would have a field day with that team. ( and theres a lot that does now ) :(

Swampert - Your answer to Jolteon and Zapdos Without Hidden power grass, Perfect to Roar out Cm suicune and Curse Snorlax. If at full life can Come in on a Salamence's DD, take the outrage/earthquake and OHKO with Ice beam. Also puts down rocks and counters heatran without HP grass and Infernape without grassknot.

Yeah, I'd carry a Bronzong for that purpose.

Swampert needs at least 120 Sp Atk EV investment to OHKO Salamence, but with Stealth Rocks running around, it only needs like 56 (assuming max IVs on SpAtk) to OHKO it.

Rain + sandstorm team sounds cool... but how do you pull off a double weather team? :-/

How about a Roserade with Weather Ball and Sleep Powder? Would she work well in those teams?

For a Sandrain team, I guess T-tar is a necessity... and a Bronzong lead for Rain setup. Not only is Bronzong good for leading with Rain Dance but it is also immune to Sandstream, which is ideal. Would you need to go half and half? Swampert is also good with sandstream immunity and benefiting with STAB Rain Dance'd Surfs. Oh yeah... Omastar is great too... Swift Swim helps him speed up in rain while Sandstream helps him tank stuff like taking less than 30% damage from Heatran's Overheat. I guess there are many things that work... but I'd watch out for Grass Knot :-/

Both have specific offensive roles, and they are immune/resist each other's weakness's.

Same as things like Celebi + Heatran , Zapdos + Machamp, Lucario + Latios, Gyarados + Electrivire et cetera. Offensive combo's that augment another pokemon and vice versa.

Also @ Wraith Swampert works really well in both, Omastar does too . :D Aerodactyl, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Salamence, bronzong really anything that gets a boost or can use rain dance works. Kingdra gets special mention as after 1 DD with the rain up, he becomes a monster. He really needs that Dragon dance though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sry for bringing up this old thread but i finally i think got time next week to start on this team so is these good?

Gyarados - offensive

Tyranitar - choice band

Swampert - no clue

Lucario - Reversal or sword dance?

Gengar - choice?

Magnezone - no clue

First off, NEVER Choice Gengar (unless its lead Scarf Gengar, but normally you wouldn't). I also wouldn't put Gyarados as lead. He's usually a late game sweeper. Since your Tyranitar is Choice'd, make him your lead. Or you can make Swampert a lead. For Swampert, go with this set:

Swampert@Leftovers

240 HP/216 Def/52 SpA (my old Advance one has 252 HP/136 Def/120 SpA)

Relaxed Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Roar/Protect/Surf

- Earthquake

- Ice Beam

Set up Rocks and then start roaring stuff out so they take damage from Stealth Rocks. If they're something with Grass attacks, SWITCH to an appropriate counter. If you know you can take it down one on one with Ice Beam or Earthquake, use it and destroy it. If the opponent has a Taunt Aerodactyl for lead (most Aeros that are lead uses Taunt), then use Ice Beam because he'll most likely Taunt so that you can't set up Stealth Rocks. :-/

Lucario might want to be a late game sweeper too, so try Agility set. If you like the reversal set, then go with this:

Lucario@Salac Berry (if you have a Salac Berry, you can use Life Orb instead)

Adamant Nature

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

- Swords Dance

- Crunch (replace with Extremespeed if you don't have Salac Berry)

- Reversal (replace with Close Combat if you don't have Salac Berry)

- Endure (replace with Crunch or Ice Punch if you don't have Salac Berry)

I just noticed most of your team is weak to Earthquake, and that's BAD.

For Magnezone, make sure it has Magnet Rise. It wants some speed investment to outrun stuff like Metagross or Swampert so it can Magnet Rise first. I guess you can teach it Substitute, Thunderbolt, and Flash Cannon and Magnet Rise, but I'm not too sure about it.

Gengar may want this:

Gengar@Focus Sash

Timid Nature

6 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed

- Destiny Bond

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Focus Blast/Substitute

I'm not sure what to do with your team yet though. But I'd beware of Earthquake.

Magnezone does not need Magnet rise, it needs

Magnezone @ choice scarf

Naive nature with Magnet pull

6 Hp/252 Special attack/ 252 Speed

Thunderbolt

Hidden power fire/ice

Explosion

Flash cannon/Signal beam

This lets you outspeed and kill EVERY SINGLE non choice scarfed steel type pokemon ( non ubers of course ) and get the OHKO or in the case of high special defensive types, the 2HKO with hidden power fire or thunderbolt ( fire is needed for scizor, but thunderbolt does about the same to Lucario and metagross. ). You also outspeed DD mence, Nite and dos before a dragon dance. Because Magnezone is bulky he can take a +1 Adamant Life orb outrage from salamence and OHKO back with HP ice, or 2HKO it with thunderbolt ( although the recoil damage after the second attack will kill Mence anyway )

irst off, NEVER Choice Gengar (unless its lead Scarf Gengar, but normally you wouldn't). I also wouldn't put Gyarados as lead. He's usually a late game sweeper. Since your Tyranitar is Choice'd, make him your lead. Or you can make Swampert a lead.

Gengar is more commonly scarfed now , NOT as a lead because he makes one of the best revenge killers thanks to his 130 base special attack and 110 base speed ( as most CS Pokemon usually run 100 base speed or lower, aside from things like Azelf ) so he can even get surprise kills on things like Heatran/Flygon/Roserade, pokemon that commonly run Choice scarf.

Gengar with a focus sash if it isn't your lead is almost useless. With the omnipresence of SR, hail and sandstorm ( he has tyranitar on his team by the way ) and the fact that he has no rapid spinner mean focus sash is a poor choice, Life orb or choice scarf seems to be the far superior option as scarfgar can help an offensive team come back from a mis-prediction .

With tyranitar at a choice band, pursuit makes him a great trapper. I was actually planning on making a novelty team using Magnezone/Tyranitar/Weavile/Dugtrio /Scizor and Life orb gengar. Although I haven't tested this yet, so it's probably not very good.

The first four pokemon trap things like no other, scizor scouts and wears pokemon down with U-turn and Life orb gengar hits things hard haha.

Anyway if you need anymore help, maybe take this to the RMT forum?

More with Hidden Power? What if his Hidden Power isn't the right type? >.>

If it is the right type, then good, but if not... what else can he use?

You'd be surprised to see how weather isn't as widespread as it used to be. Scarf'd Gengar vs Sash'd Gengar... Sash'd Gengar wins :P

Sash'd Gengar did me better mostly because Scarf'd ones are only restricted to one attack, making them only revenge killers at best. I have other options for revenge killing, like Porygon-Z or Weavile. But Scarf'd Gengars do have their merits, I'll give you that.

More with Hidden Power? What if his Hidden Power isn't the right type? >.>

If it is the right type, then good, but if not... what else can he use?

You'd be surprised to see how weather isn't as widespread as it used to be. Scarf'd Gengar vs Sash'd Gengar... Sash'd Gengar wins :P

Sash'd Gengar did me better mostly because Scarf'd ones are only restricted to one attack, making them only revenge killers at best. I have other options for revenge killing, like Porygon-Z or Weavile. But Scarf'd Gengars do have their merits, I'll give you that.

I said that Thunderbolt does as much as HP fire to metagross and lucario, if scizor is stuck on bullet punch Magnezone doesn't even need hidden power fire, and can get the 2hko with thunderbolt. If he does not want to use HO's at all, Flash cannon AND signal beam work.

Scarfgar vs Sash gar ? haha, the only way sash gar wins is if Stealth rocks, sandstorm or hail isn't on the field and the omnipresence of those is impossible to deny. Poryz and weavile are worse choices for revenge killers for a few reasons, Neither of them are immune to spikes and toxic spikes, Porygon 2 is slower so even with a Choice scarf some things still outspeed him and weavile takes 25 % of his life switching into stealth rocks and has a 400% weakness to fighting meaning even mach punch picks him off.

Gengar has 3 immunites to common attacking types, Normal, Ground and Fighting isn't touched by toxic spikes or spikes and has more speed than porygonz and more raw power than weavile.

Sash'd Gengar did me better mostly because Scarf'd ones are only restricted to one attack, making them only revenge killers at best.

Or late game sweepers? once you know your opponents team, taking out one pokemon and weakening the others can put an entire team into kill range for scarf gengar provided no pokemon is immune to one of his attacks. The same cannot be said for weavile or Porygonz as Weavile just doesn't have the power or type coverage to pull that off, and porygonz's STAB attacks are resisted by a huge portion of the metagame.

Hm. You're right. But I hate limiting Gengar like that, although he's fantastic with his immunities and all. I won't deny the omnipresence of Stealth Rocks and sometimes weather (I don't know how much the metagame changed nowadays, but everytime I lay out entry hazards people find it unexpected) but P-Z and Weavile were my revenge killers of choice. Is it all because Gengar can't fire off Hypnosis like he used to anymore? I don't know :-/

I can't find a way to make a great Gengar set or how to EV a Tyranitar nowadays :(

Everything just seems to kill them.

Well, if Gengar has proper team support you can make a great set with him. If you have a weather neutralizer (someone with rain dance or sunny day) and a rapid spinner, you can remove everything that might potentially hinder a sash-gar. If no weather is in place, pass Gengar a wish as he switches in to heal SR damage.

Tyranitar is killed by everything, thats just what happens when you have a x4 weakness to fighting.

I tend to stay away from things that need too much support though. But I always keep a spinner around just in case. I like Tentacruel: it removes Toxic Spikes, can spin the rest, and set up Toxic Spikes for itself :)

Tyranitar has weaknesses to everything... Water (Surf, Waterfall, Hydro Pump), Grass (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Grass Knot), Steel (Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch), Ground (Earthquake), Bug (Megahorn, X-Scissor, U-turn), and Fighting (Close Combat, Mach Punch, Aura Sphere, Superpower, Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, etc)... I really don't know what to do with this thing. With something with 100 base HP, 110 defense and 100 special defense with Sandstream, you'd think he'd be able to hang around longer :-/

I tend to stay away from things that need too much support though. But I always keep a spinner around just in case. I like Tentacruel: it removes Toxic Spikes, can spin the rest, and set up Toxic Spikes for itself

Tyranitar has weaknesses to everything... Water (Surf, Waterfall, Hydro Pump), Grass (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball, Grass Knot), Steel (Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch), Ground (Earthquake), Bug (Megahorn, X-Scissor, U-turn), and Fighting (Close Combat, Mach Punch, Aura Sphere, Superpower, Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, etc)... I really don't know what to do with this thing. With something with 100 base HP, 110 defense and 100 special defense with Sandstream, you'd think he'd be able to hang around longer :-/

It seems like your trying to "Wall" things with one of the most offensive pokemon in the game. Tyranitar's staying power is in his ability to stay in against most of his counters and OHKO back, surf? grassknot? None of these things can OHKO him without over 115 base attack/special attack and choice specs/band. And even then with sandstream up and enough defense /Special defense EV's CB BP Adamant 252 scizor needs stealth rock down to OHKO tyranitar, and if ev'd for Hp and def, you can't even do that.

Tyranitar's only real weak point is fighting attacks, if he's not hit by one he's really not going down if he's at full life. Just ask greencat, my tyranitar somehow swept his team multiple times when we battled a few weeks ago, taking hit after hit with only leftovers recovery to heal him, while I dragon danced and swept with impunity.

His more popular role is a CB pursuit trapper, hes one of the few pokemon with high attack, access to pursuit and STAB on it.

CB adamant 252 gets 607 attack or so, so switch in on anything weak to pursuit ( and some things that aren't. ), except choice specs/band pokemon locked into a Super effective attack ( and even some of them can't 2HKO ) and kill them, sometimes only taking 40% from an attack.