Competitive Pokemon GTS Distribution Thread

sorrel, which of these are hacked and which aren't? i can't find a seed that matches that TID/SID combo, either. not a reasonable one, at least. definitely need to know before anything gets listed anywhere. i'll go one by one if i have to and check them all myself, but i'd rather not.

e: i really don't care, except that i've now spent months building a reputation of being reliable and legitimate and i'd rather not have something hacked screw that up, even if it doesn't come directly from me. it's bad for the site, too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bond hate to bug you on ur vaca...but... there seems to be some questions regarding the deoxys that I can't answer. It has a japanese event ID, but is in english. Also, the date doesn't match the event distro date. I had someone interested in learning more about the poke, but he had problems with the info I gave him and sent me this link...

http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/386.shtml#2010

Just wondering your thoughts on it.

there is no event date. did this person even bother to read? it's a wondercard from ranger 3. it can be transferred at any time and picked up at any time. not to mention that to rng it i would have to change the date to hit the right seed. the wondercard came from the US version of the game from the event contributions thread here on pp.org. they were contributed on pikmon667 on page 58 of that thread.

i just checked on secure, and not that they're a perfect source of info, but they list the ID that my deoxys has as the US one. maybe serebii is wrong? whoever it is should really do some better research.

e: i just checked an entire set of wondercards(pcd,pgt) from a bunch of different regions from someone else and they all have that ID(03060) also. so, completely wrong. the cards all use that ID(03060) with assorted separate SIDs based on region.

e2: and of course, i'm always available in case whoever it is wants to chat.

Sorrel, what's up on your server. Can you list them in order they'll download? And to bond, your main server keeps skipping over Cyndaquil for me

That isn't "skipping". It just means someone else is connecting when you are so while your individual downloads might not be in perfect order, the server is distributing them in perfect order.

i always save everything in 236b party size, but pokegen can do either if you don't want to use a separate program. open a 136b pkm and re-save as a 236b pkm and vice-versa.

Okay, thanks very much.

Some of mine are 136 byte? Sorry for that, guess I didn't pay attention to it when I saved them with PokeGen :/ .

It is no problem anymore now for me, as I know now what to do. But maybe it is better to have all contributed pokemon in the same file 236 KB size?

The file named "Shiny Blissey" from Sorrel's trove of files is also questionable because it knows seismic toss, but it originated from Platinum. If I'm not mistaken, a Blissey could only learn seismic toss if it came from Firered or Leafgreen.

The files named "Shiny Flawless Shieldon," "Shiny Flawless Munchlax," Shiny Flawless Mime Jr.," and "Shiny Flawless Scizor" all have invalid SIDs. The file "Shiny Flawless Growlithe" seems to have no ability. That is strange.

The following two files have valid check-sums and valid trash bytes, but their types are somewhat dubious.

The files named "Shiny Deoxys" and "Shiny evd mewtwo" are also of questionable origin because the Deoxys came from Emerald, but is listed as a Common GBA <A-B-C-D> type, but the only legal way to obtain a Deoxys from Emerald is through a Aurora Ticket, but if it was obtained from that, I believe it should be listed as an Event type. The Mewtwo, on the other hand, is listed as an Unknown GBA type, but it came from Japan, so I'm not completely sure on this.

I would love to try and enjoy some of the give aways on gts but every IP server I find gives me the same error when I test the connection, "These settings are invalid. Confirm the information and try again...." I change the Auto obtain DNS to no, and primary dns to the server IP, but same thing every time. I've tried close to 30 servers including the ones in this thread.Doesn"t help that most post I find on most sites are months old, are all these servers just old and dead? Has Nintendo patched the exploit? Or am I just doing the 2 simple steps wrong somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

I would love to try and enjoy some of the give aways on gts but every IP server I find gives me the same error when I test the connection, "These settings are invalid. Confirm the information and try again...." I change the Auto obtain DNS to no, and primary dns to the server IP, but same thing every time. I've tried close to 30 servers including the ones in this thread.Doesn"t help that most post I find on most sites are months old, are all these servers just old and dead? Has Nintendo patched the exploit? Or am I just doing the 2 simple steps wrong somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

You're doing something wrong.

Please see arhacker's thread, which is linked at the end of the second post on the first page. In ARhacker's thread, he has a detailed visual guide that walks you through step by step.

I've never "tested" the connection at the wireless configuration setup, so I wouldn't even bother doing that.

Awesome I figured out I was switching the first auto obtain dns to no as well. May I make a request to anyone who will answer. My first and only request is a shiny flawless celebi, ev"d if u want, and any of the balanced natured if possible, mostly just any shiny celebi will make my day.

Awesome I figured out I was switching the first auto obtain dns to no as well. May I make a request to anyone who will answer. My first and only request is a shiny flawless celebi, ev"d if u want, and any of the balanced natured if possible, mostly just any shiny celebi will make my day.

Celebi is probably impossible to get shiny. The recent wondercard event, like all wondercards released except for the limited pre-set shiny ones, are impossible to get a shiny Pokemon from.

The bonus disc Celebi and 10 ANIV Celebi of 3rd gen have rumors of possible shiny, but it's hard to actually confirm those rumors. My understanding, and it's a very bad understanding, is that event Pokemon of Gen III had very little that set them apart from event Pokemon of Gen 4. Both in visual clues such as the Classic Ribbon and all the hidden hexidecimal crap and stuff like that.

Celebi is probably impossible to get shiny. The recent wondercard event, like all wondercards released except for the limited pre-set shiny ones, are impossible to get a shiny Pokemon from.

The bonus disc Celebi and 10 ANIV Celebi of 3rd gen have rumors of possible shiny, but it's hard to actually confirm those rumors. My understanding, and it's a very bad understanding, is that event Pokemon of Gen III had very little that set them apart from event Pokemon of Gen 4. Both in visual clues such as the Classic Ribbon and all the hidden hexidecimal crap and stuff like that.

it's possible, just unbelievably improbable. i should probably just alternate the shiny celebi and shiny jirachi each week with the shiny manaphy tossed in to make sure the right one gets around more. i wasn't originally going to, but i saw somewhere else that people were saying that no one should trade them(celebi/jirachi) because it would wreck their value. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: there isn't an eyeroll smiley on the internet that's big enough.

I've seen images of a shiny celebi, mostly SR'ing on crystal I assume, but those can't be traded up to current gen so my only guess is non legit, which I really wouldn't care, I don't plan to trade it. I just want it for personal use, if someone could hack one and make it appear legit as possible I wouldn't even mind that. If the person who can do it isn't comfortable distributing it since it would be non-legit, I would be open to a direct trade via freind code. I really want it simply because I have a psychic team, celebi is green, but shiny is purple (arguably pink), which matches the psychic theme nicely. anyway, if possible I'd love one even if it's slightly hacked. If anyone is up for the challange you can get a hold of me directly x_morningstar_x@hotmail.com

Edit: Nevermind.

@Morningstar: I'll take up your request. Do you want my TID and SID or do you want it yours?

Oh, and what level?

I would prefer the trainer info to be as close to legit as possible. can a legit 10th anniversary Celebi be run thru pokesav and changed to shiny? that way it is exactly the same but shiny. Cloned is ok.

I would prefer the trainer info to be as close to legit as possible. can a legit 10th anniversary Celebi be run thru pokesav and changed to shiny? that way it is exactly the same but shiny. Cloned is ok.

I'll try my best!

Edit: I made the PKM file. (and now trading it to my game) Now do you want me to trade it to you, or...

Maybe Bond can host it?

edit2: Its on my game now. Ready when you are

I can do it whenever, what do u want in return

in my above post I have my email. if u email me i will get it right away, send your name and FC so I can connect to u, mine is Kevin (only K is cap) and fc is 1935-7166-1601

Edited by morningstar