Competitive Pokemon GTS Distribution Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i took both DCs apart and reseated everything and they both magically turned back on. 2 switches needed to be factory reset and the other 2(older cisco gear) never stopped working.

the only casualty was my WSUS 2k8 r2 std VM running in workstation. i keep religious backups, though, so there's already a new version running that's less than a week old. :)

e: new riolu wooorks

Bond... I sent a friend a copy of the timid manaphy that was up a few distros ago and she had it checked via legal. It came back as hacked. Any info on why that may have happened? There was some mumbo jumbo about if it was hatched in ranger and shiny it's hacked, but if sent as an egg and hatched to another game it's legit. I don't know...the whole discussion was kind of over my head?

Bond... I sent a friend a copy of the timid manaphy that was up a few distros ago and she had it checked via legal. It came back as hacked. Any info on why that may have happened? There was some mumbo jumbo about if it was hatched in ranger and shiny it's hacked, but if sent as an egg and hatched to another game it's legit. I don't know...the whole discussion was kind of over my head?

legal hasn't been updated in a long time and is only reliable for the most rudimentary of checks. your friend is completely wrong. i did 2 manaphies. the first was "traded" via pokegen and has "pokemon ranger" listed as the met location. the poke is legit and rng-ed fine, but because it didn't move ds to ds, the met tag didn't update properly. i did a second one and traded it from my dsl to dsi and it has the proper met location of "link trade". the one that says "pokemon ranger" comes back as the pokemon ranger manaphy in legal, which is wrong. it should just come back as "hatched" since it isn't listed as being from pokemon ranger anymore in the met data. if your friend is seeing anything about it being hacked she's either lying or using an old version of legal. i would bet on the latter. i just checked the old and new ones myself and neither comes back as hacked. i've had quite a bit of conversation about this with someone who used to hack check quite a lot(maybe still does?)from pokemongts and he's in agreement with me along with kaph and quite a few others, so.. yeah. if she wants to talk about it, i'm easy to get a hold of and i'm sure i can answer her questions.

just to make it clear for everybody: ALL SHINY MANAPHIES FROM POKEMON RANGER SHOULD BE LISTED AS "HATCHED" IN LEGAL.EXE. IF THEY ARE NOT, THEY'RE LIKELY HACKED, BUT NOT NECESSARILY. if their explanation isn't the same as mine for why their manaphy is listed as "pokemon ranger manaphy" even though its shiny, then it's definitely hacked. one of mine is listed that way because of an accident, as explained above, but it was rng-ed normally.

okay thanks. I'll send her a link to this page so she can see the response. I had a feeling something was wrong since all your pokes come back as legit for everything else she has looked at...not that I don't trust your mad skills, she just converts for me when servers are down and checks em as she goes.

no problem. i was thinking it was about the first manaphy, but no you have the new one. i keep repeating myself that the old one shouldn't be traded, but it somehow keeps making its way around regardless... and the worst part is that few realize that the accepted results of "pokemon ranger manaphy" is completely wrong, so the cycle continues.

e: just FYI, emeraldrox is right. shiny manaphy, jirachi, and celebi can't be listed on the GTS. someone here tried listing one and couldn't and i tried the other 2 and couldn't.

Okay. Thanks anyways.

Another question, remember the shiny Latios you caught? You stated that you transferred SS save into HG to have the same spread to get Latios shiny. Will it still be considered legit? I did the same, but for Ho-oh since I wanted one below lv. 50. (I'm OmegaForte from smogon, just in case you go there)

Okay. Thanks anyways.

Another question, remember the shiny Latios you caught? You stated that you transferred SS save into HG to have the same spread to get Latios shiny. Will it still be considered legit? I did the same, but for Ho-oh since I wanted one below lv. 50. (I'm OmegaForte from smogon, just in case you go there)

If you can hit one ID combo on one game, you can hit it on the other version. IDs aren't even exclusive between DPPtHGSS either!

The only would be difference would be ID numbers if he were to recatch it again with a different set of IDs, so there's really no problem. Essentially he "hit the same seed" on both versions.

Roaming lati's are a pain in the butt, Enigma Stone ones ftw!

yeah, i was pretty much just trying to save myself the time of having to play through the game again. i could've easily gotten the same id(or another that would have done the same thing), so it was just easier the way i did it. the saves are exactly the same between versions, so it's not like i screwed with anything or broke anything in-game at all.

sorry about that, it should be better from now on. the problem is that the wireless router running the 802.11g here is from 2003 and i just updated it to the newest firmware(early200&). i think the router is starting to die and i need to buy a new one. i will soon, i suppose. my main switch is wireless-n only, so i can't use that. anyway, just bear with weird connectivity problems every once in a while and i'll eventually straighten it out.

you should be able to connect immediately now, though.