Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v2

Kaarosu

This is all assuming, of course, that Serebii is 100% accurate, which it probably isn't.

It has been many a time, and they've yet to change it since the release of the info BEFORE the game came out, and since the game has come out. I'd think if they were wrong, they'd have found out by now and changed it so I'll stick with them till someone, who is an expert in the Japanese language, to correct me and the world. ;P

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been many a time, and they've yet to change it since the release of the info BEFORE the game came out, and since the game has come out. I'd think if they were wrong, they'd have found out by now and changed it so I'll stick with them till someone, who is an expert in the Japanese language, to correct me and the world. ;P

Actually Serebii is wrong on this one occasion.

Gīma definately has only one "i"

Shikimi, yes that was wrong, but I edited my post to fix that.

Caitlin is correct, though that is the english version of Cattleya. I just thought it would be better to leave that as the Japanese translation to better fit with the others.

I have yet to come across a webpage (Other than a gamespot forum so no points there for accuracy :P) referring to Renbu as Genbu.

^ Same goes for Atei.

Translation From text 0075

Orignal:

グループにはいる

リーダーになる

やめる

はじめる

もどる

1:\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

2:\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

3:\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

4:\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

リーダーになるか グループにはいるか\xfffe選んでください

メンバーが そろったら\xfffe始めるを 選択してください

English:

Enters the group

Become a leader

Quit

Start

Back

1: \ xf000Ā \ x0001 \ x0000

2: \ xf000Ā \ x0001 \ x0000

3: \ xf000Ā \ x0001 \ x0000

4: \ xf000Ā \ x0001 \ x0000

Become a group leader or \ xfffe Please select

Members Sorottara \ xfffe Please select a start

Actually Serebii is wrong on this one occasion.

Gīma definately has only one "i"

Shikimi, yes that was wrong, but I edited my post to fix that.

Caitlin is correct, though that is the english version of Cattleya. I just thought it would be better to leave that as the Japanese translation to better fit with the others.

I have yet to come across a webpage (Other than a gamespot forum so no points there for accuracy :P) referring to Renbu as Genbu.

^ Same goes for Atei.

As for Giima, I think its just written the way it sounds, the double "i" sound.

As for the rest, eh...Like I said, bring in an Master of Linguistics for the REAL translations. For now, I'll be happy with the rough-and-tough of it.

Here's a fix for those typo's in 0000/0176:

\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

Cheren

Bel

Podda

Koon

Dento

Aloe

Arti

Kamitsure

Yacon

Fuuro

Hachiku

Iris

Shaga

Shikimi

Gīma

Renbu

Cattleya

Adeku

N

Geechisu

People are saying that Cattlya's name is actually Caitlin, however both are correct. Caitlin is just the English translated name.

Change it to whatever one you want :P

As for Giima, I think its just written the way it sounds, the double "i" sound.

As for the rest, eh...Like I said, bring in an Master of Linguistics for the REAL translations. For now, I'll be happy with the rough-and-tough of it.

Gīma is how it sounds, though I've just realised, it is not an i, it is a ī, so it has some accent on it, that's where you get the Giima sound.

Here's a fix for those typo's in 0000/0176:

\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

Cheren

Bel

Podda

Koon

Dento

Aloe

Arti

Kamitsure

Yacon

Fuuro

Hachiku

Iris

Shaga

Shikimi

Gīma

Renbu

Cattleya

Adeku

N

Gechisu

People are saying that Cattlya's name is actually Caitlin, however both are correct. Caitlin is just the English translated name.

Change it to whatever one you want :P

Shouldn't it be Yakon, Furou and Atei? The other two may have changed to English terms, but I am about 90% sure that it should be Yakon. Same with Geechisu.

Shouldn't it be Yakon, Furou and Atei? The other two may have changed to English terms, but I am about 90% sure that it should be Yakon. Same with Geechisu.

Thanks for reminding me about Geechisu.

As for the others, Bulbapedia doesn't produce any results for the names you gave, but the one's I had did. If you wanna check them out, here they are:

Yacon

Fuuro

Arti

So yeah, I'm just going to leave them how they are.

itt weaboos argue romanisation spelling, which can be interpreted in several ways

Are you guys really pissing yourselves over names? Jesus Christ. There are probably more important things to be working on. The thing I and probably most other players least care about is how you spell a goddamn name.

Thanks for reminding me about Geechisu.

As for the others, Bulbapedia doesn't produce any results for the names you gave, but the one's I had did. If you wanna check them out, here they are:

Yacon

Fuuro

Arti

So yeah, I'm just going to leave them how they are.

Eh...I never trust anything that has the word "pedia" in it. xP I'll leave it up to the translator team to decide what is right and wrong. ;D

Eh...I never trust anything that has the word "pedia" in it. xP I'll leave it up to the translator team to decide what is right and wrong. ;D

Haha yeah I suppose. Oh well, we'll see what they think.

@Black Ice, I don't really appreciate your rudeness. We are trying to make this patch as accurate as possible. I don't see you contributing, so don't give me the crap.

itt weaboos argue romanisation spelling, which can be interpreted in several ways

Are you guys really pissing yourselves over names? Jesus Christ. There are probably more important things to be working on. The thing I and probably most other players least care about is how you spell a goddamn name.

I don't see you contributing. The people translating can do as they wish.

bache, i added your update, also credited in the stuff

also people chill out, some people want to get this stuff accurate, others couldn't give a hoot about it, i for one want to see how accurate we can get this to the english version that comes out :)

Thanks bro! Yeah, I would really love to see us get this patch as close to the real deal as possible!

Hey Shadow, I just had a look at the repo, and it doesn't look like you've added my latest update.

It fixes A LOT of typo's:

\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000

Cheren

Bel

Podda

Koon

Dento

Aloe

Arti

Kamitsure

Yacon

Fuuro