Black and White Sequels: [Black 2 - White 2] News Thread

Guested

Junichi Masuda just appeared on Pokemon Smash this morning and announced sequels for BW.

Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2

will be released for Nintendo DS this June.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?rss=1133

Both games feature a new forme of Kyurem, with Black 2 having a Zekrom-version forme, and White 2 having a Reshiram-version forme.

Update: Masuda has tweeted that they are called Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

Update:

The US site has also announced the existence of this game, but with no concrete release date.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

New update: And now they've said Fall for US, as well

Update:

And a Europe release has been announced for Autumn.

http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-black-version-2-pokemon-white-version-2/

Use this thread to post news updates or discuss the news.

Speculation on the game can be discussed here:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?21098-Pokemon-Black-White-2-Sequel-Theories

Edited by Guested

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to lie... I'm a bit disappointed with Kyurem's new formes. They just look... All over the place. I was looking for some that was, more serpentlike... Not.... WHAT. But alas, they may have some interesting tricks up their sleeves.

Considering the fact it's quite literally called "Black/White 2" hopefully means it's not just a better version of black/white. If it was actually like a sequel my mind would explode. But I ghuess thats a little too awesome. We'll wait and see though.

Maybe like Deoxys forms in the Gen III games where they adhere to certain forms in one game as opposed to another (Normal form in RS, Attack form in FR, Defence form in LG, Speed form in Emerald). In fact, that's what I think it is... and it somewhat explains where those two hidden moves will go.

(inb4some1makesHoennRemakeSpeculation)

Yeah, maybe like what wraith89 said.

But I'd suspect them more being locked. Obviously determined by the game where they were caught, but even if you trade it, they don't change... maybe?

Kinda like Spiky-ear Pichu, I guess?

But yeah, they'll most likely learn those last two moves.

If that's the case then you shouldn't be able to trade the new formes to the original black and white since the sprite data doesn't exist for them.

It won't make any difference. Forms are simply a value in the Pokemon data that can be set to anything from 0 to 255. For Pokemon without multiple forms, the value is ignored. If these new things are in fact forms, it'll be no different.

Pretty excited when I first learned about this.

I find the "formes" really nice. I like almost everything about White except the tail. The tail on Black is the only part I like on it.

I'll be getting at least one of the games. I just have to decide on which one...

POKÉMON BLACK VERSION 2 & POKÉMON WHITE VERSION 2 ANNOUNCED FOR EUROPE

Two New Highly Anticipated Pokémon Video Games Coming To Europe This Autumn

27th February 2012 – Pokémon™ Black Version and Pokémon™ White Version video games hit European stores in March 2011 and within 10 days on sale had exceeded one million units*. Coming off the record-breaking popularity of these games Nintendo of Europe announces today that two new Pokémon titles, Pokémon™ Black Version 2 and Pokémon™ White Version 2, are coming to Europe in Autumn 2012. Fans can anticipate plenty of new surprises when the games launch this year.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 will be available for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played on Nintendo 3DS™ in 2D. More game details will be announced throughout the year. For more information and a first look at new character art of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem from Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, visit www.pokemon.co.uk.

Nintendo fans can also keep up to date with exclusive new game information and official Nintendo announcements by following the newly launched official Nintendo of Europe Twitter feed @NintendoEurope

Brand new #Pokémon Black Version 2 & Pokémon White Version 2 for #NintendoDS coming to Europe this Autumn http://bit.ly/kbUYRb

Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Official UK Page: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-black-version-2-pokemon-white-version-2/

Looks like the game is going to reach Europe in Autumn. That's a considerably short localization period compared to previous games.

Looks like the game is going to reach Europe in Autumn. That's a considerably short localization period compared to previous games.

That IS quite fast, but keep in mind a lot of the time inbetween releases isn't ALL spend translating the games. The major factor in deciding a release date is market timing. But that's still quite fast, especially for Pokemon.

• 4 weeks later...

The idea of "all the regions in one game" has been around since there was more than 2. And I still don't understand why people think it would be any good.

I do think the airport will be used like the magnet train for gen 6 which I'm guessing to be closely related to gen 5.

Or something. It should bring is to some new location in BW2 at least though, yeah. Not old regions, we've been there, and more than once, why would they drain the rest of their greatness by adding boring rushed versions of them into games that don't focus on them?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's posted here, but I do have information on Kyurem's forms as stated on the covers of the new cases of the 3DS

Black Kyurem

Type: Dragon/Ice (still)

Height: 3.3m

Weight: 325kg

White Kyurem

Type: Dragon/Ice (nothing surprising)

Height: 3.6m

Weight: 325kg

EDIT:

You'll begin in a place called Hiougi City. There is a NEW rival, a NEW researcher named Akuroma,who researches about Pokémon strength, two NEW gym leaders, Homika and Shizui, who will represent the Poison and Water types respectively.

The Unova PokéDex will have approx. 300 entries (with Psyduck as #026, Riolu as #033 and Metagross as #254) so basically, old Pokémon will be back along with the 5th Gen Pokes.

Also this game is set 2 years after the time of Hilbert and Hilda.

It is confirmed that Black Kyurem will learn Freeze Shock and White Kyurem will learn Ice Burn.

And the Eastern portion of the Unova Region will be partially frozen.

Edited by ScientificPikachu

The information ScientificPikachu added to his post above comes from this month's issue of Corocoro.

The games also now have a confirmed release date of June 23rd with a retail price of 4800 yen.

Magazine scans: (hotlinked from serebii.net cause I'm lazy)

corocoro4121big.jpg

corocoro4122big.jpg

corocoro4123big.jpg

Mmm, so that would mean a little more than half of the new Unova dex would be full of some old Pokemon. Good thing because lack of Pokemon for each type in BW made it hard for any of the Gym Leaders to not be redundant with every other trainers out there... much like Hoenn's Ghost and Ice Elite Four. So this takes place in two years after BW... but what are these new towns then? Did they magically appear or something? Oh wait never mind... I see a new starting place. Interesting.