Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

Hack of:

Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

You set off yet again as the young trainer in your "coming of age" tale. But this time new foes and new challenges await as you attempt to stop Team Rocket on their quest for power and are soon dragged into saving the world. All while trying to become the Pokemon Master.

Features:

• An increased difficulty to spice things up a bit and help keep the game a challenge.
  • 493 Pokémon available
  • Full compatibility for patching in whatever OS you use. (Windows, Linux, Mac)
  • AP patch included. No need to pre-patch.
  • 2 Wondercard events available - Celebi & Spiky-Eared Pichu
  • All trade Pokémon can be evolved without the need to trade.
    Normal trades evolve at level 40.
    Item trades evolve at level up while holding the item in the daytime.
    Glaceon evolves leveling up holding Snow Mail.
    Leafeon evolves leveling up holding Grass Mail.
    Magneton evolves leveling up holding Steel Mail.
    Nosepass evolves leveling up holding Tunnel Mail.

Coming soon:

Probably nothing.

Possibly some tweaks.

Special Thanks:

• Mushen - My partner in crime.
  • SCV - This would not be possible without his genius.
  • Alpha - His ideas, patience, and willingness to fix every bug I've ever found may have saved us all.
  • Bond697 - For his ideas and "around the corner" thinking
  • Kairi - For her perspective on functions and their usages
  • geox123 - For pointing out an encounter bug.
  • Mathrian - For the location guides.

Downloads:

Perfect Heart:

Perfect Heart CE..zip

Perfect Soul:

Perfect Soul CE..zip

Location Lists:

Perfect Heart:

Dropbox

Mediafire

Perfect Soul:

Dropbox

Mediafire

Bugs:

None known. Should any be found please report them here on the forum and they will be investigated.

Perfect Heart CE..zip

Perfect Soul CE..zip

Glad to hear it! While I was hoping to release today, we ran into some last minute bugs in PPRE, so unfortunately we are being set back a bit (how far is yet unknown) but we promise earliest possible release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Why not use this: **REMOVED**

At least in the meantime, since I dont think people will be working on a straight-up AP patch anytime soon.

There's a character offset of 8 with that patch so it wouldnt work in a patch file as the formatting would be too different to work on the US files.

Looking forward to an increased difficulty version of HG as I'm nearly finished Johto now less than 2 days in, it seems too easy nowadays to nearly clear a game in 1 day. I remember doing that with sinnoh *sigh*

Anyways best of luck with your bug fixing!

Edited by Roland

Pewpew, I do not know who you are but thank you very much!

Yes, there will be issues later with using that patch files on US roms and also the patches would only be usable on Japanese Roms so I'd be screwing the people who went out and bought the games in the US in anticipation of my releases. So for the time being we just have to be patient.

Hmmm, is anyone even working on an anti piracy patch? It seems to me like people either stick with their retail cart, or buy a flashcard that it works on, or wait for their flashcard's firmware to update. I know it works for the M3 and Acekard now, I think a couple others. But not crappy ones like clones and R4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but just warning, we might be waiting for something that may never happen. I think it'd be reassuring to know if someone capable is working on an AP patch, but for now, no one seems to know anything except for a few rumors here and there.

EDIT:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217811

Will this work? Seems like it was released today. If so, I look forward to the release of Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul. :]

Edited by Jhauk

just use this patch it works perfectly for both us an eu version of heartgold and soulsilver and i use R4 ...... no freeze scince monday when i got the patch

**REMOVED**

Edited by Roland

just use this patch it works perfectly for both us an eu version of heartgold and soulsilver and i use R4 ...... no freeze scince monday when i got the patch

**REMOVED**

We are looking into it. If we are completely certain it does not freeze we will be moving forward. It is both a good and a bad thing that my partner now also got an ak2i (sorry but they have awesome compatibility) so I may have to ask him to test on his r4 and I'll test on my ak2i...

Edited by Roland

Hey Roland, loved the Platinum version, when will this one come out for SS?

Always glad to see a fan!:grog:

We are awaiting full test results of the AP patch. Once we have these we will finish our last few edits and release are 1st release.

The first release for the time being will consist of a full complement of random encounters and the evolutions will be edited. Removing the need for the pokéwalker. And Challenger's Edition will have the increasing difficulty.

Once that release is out we will be moving on to edit all of the wi-fi events so that all 493 pokémon will be available without the need to trade or catch wi-fi events.

Heya Roland, Was just wondering if you're going to release a patch without the AP with it aswell, See'ing as the game can run on most flashcarts fine at this point now after their updates.

And you're welcome for my earlier post :]

Hmm... Hadn't really gave it any thought... Does the AP patch interfere with the flashcarts? Cuz if not I see no reason to do 8 patches as opposed to 4...

I was wondering if the wild pokemon in Kanto would be higher than in johto since there is no point to having lvl 20 nidorina's there when all your pokemon are ~lvl 50

p.s. can you still find phanpy on rt 46 in the beginning of the game like in crystal?

Edited by suaqua

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update on the AP, I havnt had a problem with the AP patched version on my flashcart, ( EZ Flash V ) if I do I'll let you know, but I doubt I'll have a problem at this stage after playing it for a good while with no hiccups. around 8ish hours straight.

Just to update on the AP, I havnt had a problem with the AP patched version on my flashcart, ( EZ Flash V ) if I do I'll let you know, but I doubt I'll have a problem at this stage after playing it for a good while with no hiccups. around 8ish hours straight.

Yea, me and Mushen have been both really busy. His tests also report the same on his ak2i but I think the final confirmation is gonna be HM08. Once I am certain on that I will finish up as quickly as possible. It's been rough cuz I work and also I'm pickin up computer repair gigs on the side on top of just life in general. But I promise once we are 100% certain I will finish up my parts and I'll get Mushen to finish his up. (he's also had a lot goin on with school and stuff; end of the year and all that jazz)

I still intend to have the initial release contain the random encounters, the upgraded trainers, and edited evolutions. Once that is out I will begin picking apart events and 'adjusting' them so that I can gaurantee all 493 available while maintaining a game as close to the original as possible.

I am willing to contribute to this hack, as I already have quite some useful things for you.

First of all, you might have noticed that PPTE doesn't work with all trainers (to be exact, trainers with a trainer ID of over 105). I fixed it by extending the trainer ID list and re-compiling the source code to an executable (though trainer classes still don't match their HG/SS counterparts). HG/SS use the Platinum trainer format.

Secondly, I have mapped the trainer files, so finding a specific trainer shouldn't be too hard anymore.

Thirdly, you might have seen my HG/SS upgraded trainers hack. This is basically what you did with Platinum: making the game harder. The Elite Four now has levels up to 62 in the first run, so you'll get the idea.

If you would like to have them, just tell me so and I'll upload them.

I am willing to contribute to this hack, as I already have quite some useful things for you.

First of all, you might have noticed that PPTE doesn't work with all trainers (to be exact, trainers with a trainer ID of over 105). I fixed it by extending the trainer ID list and re-compiling the source code to an executable (though trainer classes still don't match their HG/SS counterparts). HG/SS use the Platinum trainer format.

Secondly, I have mapped the trainer files, so finding a specific trainer shouldn't be too hard anymore.

Thirdly, you might have seen my HG/SS upgraded trainers hack. This is basically what you did with Platinum: making the game harder. The Elite Four now has levels up to 62 in the first run, so you'll get the idea.

If you would like to have them, just tell me so and I'll upload them.

While I appreciate your contribution, I actually "can" edit hgss trainers with ppte, me and alpha had to use it to test a bug in ppre BUT according to him, ppte would crash at the first unrecognized item it finds. Which makes sense. There is items in hg/ss that platinum didn't have. So PPRE has been my tool for editing the trainers for this project. But thank you again for your willingness to contribute to the project!

Why not use this: **REMOVED**

At least in the meantime, since I dont think people will be working on a straight-up AP patch anytime soon.

**REMOVED**

As of a few days ago that link became illegal. As it was legal when it was originally posted none of the posters will be penalized. Just be sure not to post it again.

Also I have good news to everyone! Trainers and evolutions are completed! I came up with somethin spiffy for Leafeon and Glaceon (Well I like it anyway...) All we need is for Mushen to do the random encounters and the first release will finally be out!