The World Ends With You

Okami

A personal favorite of mine. I had it 100% beat twice over before I gave it up for trade at Gamestop. The art is edgy, the music is cool (especially for a DS game!) and the characters were refreshing.

Now, discuss. :grog:

The style was at first a bit weird for me also, but I got used to it quick enough... I just try to ignore how skinny some of the characters look because of it. Lol I think the style was good, even if I'm not particularly for or against graffiti. The game itself was very nice. Some unexpected twists to make up for the slight clichés... [possible spoilers]Got kinda annoying being "reset" to the beginning of "the game" after a while though.>>;; [/possible spoilers]

A personal favorite of mine. I had it 100% beat twice over before I gave it up for trade at Gamestop. The art is edgy, the music is cool (especially for a DS game!) and the characters were refreshing.

Now, discuss. :grog:

If it's so good why'd you trade it away? :confused:

Anyway WEWY (the official acronym) is easily the my most enjoyed DS game that's come out so far. I have also completed it twice.

I think the style was kind of bleh. As for the characters, I agree that they look like tooth-picks. I liked the story, but it needed more depth. They didn't even show the girl's true look. (Well, they did, but you couldn't tell from any features.)

If it's so good why'd you trade it away? :confused:

Anyway TWEWY (the official acronym) is easily the my most enjoyed DS game that's come out so far. I have also completed it twice.

Had to fix it, sorry. It was bothering me.

That's how I get the next game I want. :] Not all people have the money to just go out and buy games and hoard them. Sell them while they're newer, and you get more money for them.

Actually, now it's story time.

Flashback, it's now 2007. Commericals of Pokemon Diamond are flashing across the television screen, talk is all over the internet about this new and improved game. The graphics are completely new to the Pokemon handhelds. I've been waiting for a new Poke game since I got my original DS on the US release date, about four or so days before my birthday (as a present) and it's finally almost here!

So what do I do?

I scramble. I've got a shoebox here full of old PS2 games, GameCube games, and more. I've got a few old GBA games in the closet, and a few GBC games as well. I find my old GBA. I find charging stations and other old equipment, outdated, thrown to the side--collecting dust.

And I got out to GameStop with these old treasures, I've been pondering doing this for so long, but never got to it. There's so many items that they don't even let me have the sum total of money it should have been (Yes, I got gipped, I knew it, but there was NOTHING I could do, they just wouldn't let me do more than two transactions)

And with that money I bought the new DS earpiece, not only for myself but for my two best friends as gifts (so 3x), a new black DS Lite, and a copy of Pokemon Diamond.

Yes, I got about $250 for everything I traded back (there was about 20-30 items in total) The rest went to my Edge card.

Since then, I have traded in all of my games after playing them and beating them (sometimes it's not even that! They're just too disasterous...like Sonic Unleashed. Not bashing, it just wasn't my kind of game. Too fast and too slow, if you know what I mean. And the cameras were ODD...my eyes couldn't take it!)

And I try to keep at least $45 in my Edge account at all times. You never know when you're going to need it! (After turning in games to go get my copy of Pokemon Platinum, I owed a whole $7...edge card. So it was like free for me!! :D)

The fact is, games are fun, but sometimes other things are more important, and I just need to move on.

Also, the only DS games I currently own are my copies of Diamond and Platinum, along with Jump Superstars....which is buried somewhere because I've never figured out if I can actually trade it in or not...yes, it's been beaten, not entirely but I got annoyed because I didn't want to be looking up guides for translations all the time and I hated the fact that it was in Japanese. Kanji makes me very angry if I am trying to decipher it for too long. :P

It was a brave move for Square Enix, but it deserved all the acclaim it got. It was edgy and it was different, which is what I appreciated about it. The music I'm a bit mixed on, but the feel was right for the game. I enjoyed the experience because it was different. All the Squeenix releases up to that date were all disappointing and unsatisfying for me. So this game really revived me.

I'm not all for the rap/graffiti culture, but I think there was a nice animate spin on it. I learned to appreciate it not long after. It's one of my favourites. For someone like me who owns a flash cart and actually went out to physically buy the game afterwards... It felt good. It was a bonafide, cracker release in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah loved the game, i got rather far in the game, but somehow my save file got erased, and i can't build enough motivation to play it again.

The thing that turned me off was the constant flickering of my eyes, to the top and bottom screen, yeah you can set it that the AI begins to control it immediately, but it feels like cheating.