PokéWalker Progress thread

Guested

Some of you have had a PokeWalker since September, but a lot of us will be getting one in less than a month.

Use this thread to share how many steps you've managed to walk and/or how many Watts you've managed to save up towards unlocking new courses. Feel free to talk about any other various PokeWalker accomplishments you've made.

I've had mine since Sept, but haven't been using it everyday.

So far, I've walked 505,902 steps and saved up 15,252 Watts.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally I walked a total of 16,467 steps since the game came out here in the US. I have a total of 813 watts (I used a lot in the dowsing machine).

I get around 5,000 - 6,000 steps a day, and that's only from walking around in my house and playing dancing games like DDR. I don't know how many steps I'll get when I start bringing this to school lol.

Now, I have 144,891 steps with 7,321 watts. I cheated the Pokewalker by doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRjlH22T-u8

The step counter can't go higher than 99,999 steps for today but it still counts your steps in your total. I probably must have gotten 115,000 steps today in a period of 12 hours.

Edited by FreeSpirit

I walk get about 5000~7000 steps a day, and ranging around 400~500 Watts. To fully unlock the Watt-required courses, you need a total of 100,000 Watts. So, after about 200 days, I can finally unlock that final Watt-required course. :/

Btw, I walk around with two Pokéwalkers. That's right, TWO. Nothing wrong with walking around with a cool lil' gadget.

Btw, I walk around with two Pokéwalkers. That's right, TWO. Nothing wrong with walking around with a cool lil' gadget.

I bought 2 SoulSilvers on the day of release for pretty odd reasons, one to use/play and the other just for collection/display purposes. That's normal right? Funny how the guy at Gamestop was nice enough to give me a 2nd Lugia figurine for buying a 2nd one shortly after I left with my 1st one and then came back.

Today (March 18), I told my friend that my Shiny Pikachu would frequently find me 50 watts (I heard it had to do with happiness and that Pikachu was in my party for 6 months), and he flicked me off out of jealousy:biggrin:. I couldn't help but laugh. There was this one time I found over 3 Murkrows (frequently) on my HeartGold Pokewalker, and I found 0 (infrequently?) on my SoulSilver Pokewalker (I can't believe my SoulSilver save failed me, I had it on my R4 for 6 months:mad:)...

I have only have taking 567 steps overall on it. But my pokemon is a level 3 Pidgey. I thought you could level up with the pokewalker.

They do level up, it's just that they can only gain enough experience to level them up only once. Then you have to transfer it back to your game and then back to the Pokewalker if you want to level it up again.

Check out my guide for more details.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?7070-PokWalker-Guide/page3

Flying Pikachu is one of the Class A pokemon, which means it will only appear after your step counter for the day is over the required amount. You'll know for sure it's a class A Pokemon if you can get the grass alerts to go all the way to "!!!"

Each time you go out for a Stroll, one of the Class A pokemon is randomly assigned, meaning it'll either be a Surfer or a Flyer (for this course).

If it's a Surfer, bring your loaded up Pokemon back home and set out for another stroll and try again.

Get the grass alerts to go all the way to "!!!"

Each time you go out for a Stroll, one of the Class A pokemon is randomly assigned, meaning it'll either be a Surfer or a Flyer (for this course).

If it's a Surfer, bring your loaded up Pokemon back home and set out for another stroll and try again.

And to make things worse, the Surfing Pikachu has a 3% chance of appearing, and the Flying Pikachu has a 2% chance of appearing. This page has the percentages of how much each pokemon appears: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml. And you said only ONE Class A Pokemon can appear during each Stroll? I guess that explains why I never found a Beldum in the Winner's path.

I've had mine for 18 days now, and i've collected 567543 steps, and 30128 watts. Trying to get that flying pikachu at the moment. Already got a few surfing ones, and by ONE, he means one of the 2 class A pokemon. You can get multiples of them during a walk.

I found a surfing Pikachu, I gave it away because I already have one from PBR. Few days later, me and my Spiky ear Pichu found a flying Pikachu. I got lucky because rare Pokemon usually spam the "evade" command upon appearing. But the flying Pikachu did it too late, and when it did spam, I did a critical hit (critical hits occur because the wild Pokemon is trying to run away, so your pokemon unleashed a cit to stop it) on it while it had 3 hp, then tossed a Pokeball and caught it.

by ONE, he means one of the 2 class A pokemon

I know that. That's what I meant by "that explains why I never found a Beldum in the Winner's path", there was a massive self destruct (Class A) Munchlax surge on my Pokewalker.

Ok, I use the pokéwalker for 3 days now, and never been anywhere else then yellow forest(that's going to change now).

-Caught a Flying Pikachu yesterday

-A Sufring Pikachu joined me when I was walking without a pokémon on the Pokéwalker.

I did 52417 steps, and I have 1781 watts.

• 1 month later...

I know no one has posted in here in a while, so I thought I'd update and see if I'm still putting everyone to shame.

Steps: 1,004,500

Watts: 38,039

Days: 255

The non-Japanese versions have been out for a few months now, so I was wondering how everyone was doing.

Also, I broke the one million steps mark today. But... still don't bother to bring the PW with me everyday...