Invalid: Encounter type PID mismatch?

Johh

I was shiny hunting a Heracross in Colosseum because i wanted to do a full ribbon master with it. I noticed when I was looking at its IVs in pkhex that it was marked as illegal and I'm not sure why. The way I hunted it was not in the usual spot Realgam Tower but in the post game location Snagem Hideout, which I was able to do by letting Cipher Peon Dioge knock out all my Pokemon with just his Ariados and Masquerain so I wouldn't see his Heracross. Once he defeats you, he wont battle you again so you can get through the main story without locking in the Heracross' stats and then later on shiny hunt it in Snagem Hideout in the post game. Could it be marked as illegal because its expected that you see it during the main story and there for should have its stats locked in once you would see it in the Snagem Hideout later on?heracross.png.1b9c07f4597b2b79aae1aa5f78f160f8.png

5 hours ago, Johh said:

How exactly were you shiny hunting it? Heracross is one of the few shadow-locked mons so that also might be why it's marked as illegal.

I'm also running tests with PokeFinder and I'm not finding any possible seeds for this specific Heracross

Edited by Desmondcsz

8 minutes ago, Desmondcsz said:

How exactly were you shiny hunting it? Heracross is one of the few shadow-locked mons so that also might be why it's marked as illegal.

I'm also running tests with PokeFinder and I'm not finding any possible seeds for this specific Heracross

I was doing SRs in Snagem Hideout until i got it, exactly like in this video:

It can be illegal if you were doing it on an emulator with poor RNG emulation, which would generate invalid stats. It would also be illegal if you made it shiny, changed the gender, nature, or IVs, without recalculating the rest of the stats in something like Pokefinder or RNGreporter

PID mismatch occurs when the immutable values (PID, IVs, anything else generated that cannot change legitimately ingame) don't all match a valid seed. 

9 hours ago, Johh said:

Could it be marked as illegal because its expected that you see it during the main story and there for should have its stats locked in once you would see it in the Snagem Hideout later on?

Correct; fixed on latest commit :)

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/2e736a1d4cbb493dc708a736af7fc140de4b90b5