Pokemon not showing data in Pokemon Home

LilSmooshy

I've transferred some pokemon from gen 1,2,3,5 to legends Arceus to evolve to regional variants.

Once on the switch I traded them via sysbot to pc so I could edit them on PkHex, only level, form and effort levels.

When transferred back to the switch and to Home they don't display a Pokeball or first met location on the mobile version but do on the switch version of Home.

Pokemon I didn't edit via PkHex and evolved solely in game do not have this issue.

Would there be any known causes or anything I could troubleshoot? 

4 hours ago, LilSmooshy said:

I've transferred some pokemon from gen 1,2,3,5 to legends Arceus to evolve to regional variants.

Once on the switch I traded them via sysbot to pc so I could edit them on PkHex, only level, form and effort levels.

When transferred back to the switch and to Home they don't display a Pokeball or first met location on the mobile version but do on the switch version of Home.

Pokemon I didn't edit via PkHex and evolved solely in game do not have this issue.

Would there be any known causes or anything I could troubleshoot? 

With HOME 2.0, they made an internal data structure in their servers that can hold separate partitions for a Pokemon. 
If I’m not mistaken, the partitions are for: LGPE, SWSH (default Gen 8), BDSP, and PLA.

Typically, if you transfer a mon between games via HOME, any exclusive data (moves, balls) will get written to their respective partitions, and gets left out from the other partition. And it remains associated to the Pokémon via HOME tracker.

For example, a Pokémon with Gigantamax would have the data for it in the SWSH partition, but left out from the rest. When you withdraw such a Pokémon in PLA, that byte won’t be there in the pa9, but would be given back to your Pokémon when withdrawn back in SWSH.

The reverse is true for Alphas from PLA -> SWSH, as well as any unique PLA balls. They are temporarily Poke Ball and non-alpha in SWSH, but shows back up with sent to PLA.

So basically, if they don’t have a valid HOME tracker with sent in from the correct game, they may become illegal when transferred to a different game via HOME. (Kinda why I did my HOME compatible living dex)

by extension, the proper ball and first met location is tied and tracked by HOME tracker. You probably changed something that resulted in HOME not being able to recognise it.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 3:35 PM, theSLAYER said:

With HOME 2.0, they made an internal data structure in their servers that can hold separate partitions for a Pokemon. 
If I’m not mistaken, the partitions are for: LGPE, SWSH (default Gen 8), BDSP, and PLA.

Typically, if you transfer a mon between games via HOME, any exclusive data (moves, balls) will get written to their respective partitions, and gets left out from the other partition. And it remains associated to the Pokémon via HOME tracker.

For example, a Pokémon with Gigantamax would have the data for it in the SWSH partition, but left out from the rest. When you withdraw such a Pokémon in PLA, that byte won’t be there in the pa9, but would be given back to your Pokémon when withdrawn back in SWSH.

The reverse is true for Alphas from PLA -> SWSH, as well as any unique PLA balls. They are temporarily Poke Ball and non-alpha in SWSH, but shows back up with sent to PLA.

So basically, if they don’t have a valid HOME tracker with sent in from the correct game, they may become illegal when transferred to a different game via HOME. (Kinda why I did my HOME compatible living dex)

by extension, the proper ball and first met location is tied and tracked by HOME tracker. You probably changed something that resulted in HOME not being able to recognise it.

Would you be so kind to have a look at the Pa8 files? As far as I can tell the PID, HOME Tracker ID and Encryption constant data have not changed.

What I did change was level, evolved, EV and GVs that's it.

The files pertain to a Ursaring caught in the safari zone of Emerald then transferred to Home then to Arceus to evolve. interesting Pkhex thinks the ball type is wrong for the encounter but that flag goes away once it levels up.

I have pulled the ones with the problems from home to compare with original format. On one set the Home tracker has changed which was not by myself.

Edited by LilSmooshy
more information

28 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

Would you be so kind to have a look at the Pa8 files? As far as I can tell the PID, HOME Tracker ID and Encryption constant data have not changed.

What I did change was level, evolved, EV and GVs that's it.

The files pertain to a Ursaring caught in the safari zone of Emerald then transferred to Home then to Arceus to evolve. interesting Pkhex thinks the ball type is wrong for the encounter but that flag goes away once it levels up.

901 - Ursaluna - 84E3C3988840.pa8 376 B · 0 downloads 217 - Ursaring - 04E5C3988840.pa8 376 B · 0 downloads

Can you get me a copy of these files where you changed nothing? In the mean time I’ll take a quick look. I’m wondering if it’s evotree related but we shall see.

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Can you get me a copy of these files where you changed nothing? In the mean time I’ll take a quick look. I’m wondering if it’s evotree related but we shall see.

Here they are. I've pulled more out and they are showing the Home tracker to have changed.

I'ts only ones that I 'evolved' using Pkhex, all the ones I evolved in game display fine in Home. I'll pull one out to confirm if the tracker changed on those, however they dont have any display issues in Home.

Edited by LilSmooshy

9 hours ago, LilSmooshy said:

Here they are. I've pulled more out and they are showing the Home tracker to have changed.

I'ts only ones that I 'evolved' using Pkhex, all the ones I evolved in game display fine in Home. I'll pull one out to confirm if the tracker changed on those, however they dont have any display issues in Home.

These are 3 I have removed from Home, when compared to the original the only change (i can see) is the Home Tracker.

Just evolved an original scyther in game and moved to Home, same issue, no ball displayed, no first met data.

Edited by LilSmooshy
added information

If it already had a tracker, then changing tracker is normal, if it enters from a different HOME account.
Normally all the relevant data from the tracker is brought forward into the new tracker.

Also, HOME probably displayed those entries with the Strange Ball I imagine? (the Green ball)
It tends to show relevant data from the game it last came out of.

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If it already had a tracker, then changing tracker is normal, if it enters from a different HOME account.
Normally all the relevant data from the tracker is brought forward into the new tracker.

Also, HOME probably displayed those entries with the Strange Ball I imagine? (the Green ball)
It tends to show relevant data from the game it last came out of.

There isn't an issue then? 

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Was it in fact, showing you the green ball then? If it was showing you neither the Green or the ball you caught it in, then it'll be a problem

It displays on the switch but neither ball/ first met data on the mobile version . And they are caught in game then evolved in game.

1 hour ago, LilSmooshy said:

It displays on the switch but neither ball/ first met data on the mobile version . And they are caught in game then evolved in game.

I think one of the correct balls should show up no matter what in legal.

And as for met data, I may be wrong but I think only the original HOME account sees it? let me test that real quick

Edit: First met info still showed for me even in a different HOME account, on mobile.

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I think one of the correct balls should show up no matter what in legal.

And as for met data, I may be wrong but I think only the original HOME account sees it? let me test that real quick

Edit: First met info still showed for me even in a different HOME account, on mobile.

I'll raise a ticket with HOME, maybe there is bug? 

I'll try moving one up through bank to home and evolve again in game and see if there is then same issue. 

On 4/9/2023 at 2:30 PM, LilSmooshy said:

They seem to believe clearing the cache on the device will fix the issue. Somewhat doubtful but I'll try later 

That didn't work, I've sent screen shots to the support section via Home and they are of the opinion it's normal. 

When transferring a Pokémon from the game to HOME some of the information will shown differently, it is by design. Please read this article for more information. Why does Pokémon information display incorrectly or not appear in Pokémon HOME?

Hope this answered your question.

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Again, via a trade bot?

Trade bots by default zero out the HOME tracker to prevent duplicate trackers entering HOME.

https://github.com/kwsch/SysBot.NET/blob/dbfd397ae9790078fa8bfaec308687bf3774872b/SysBot.Pokemon/Settings/LegalitySettings.cs#L75-L76

Just released the ones I used the bot with.

caught/bred new ones and moved them up through Bank and into Home.

Moved into legends arceus and evolved and moved back to Home. 

No bot used.

Nil issues identified ball present and first met data present, only done this once so far.

However appears it would be an issue with the Home tracker being zeroed, maybe there is a Home checker for this if it's aware that the specific mon was moved to game A with this info and moved back to Home with that info altered?

When I've checked the ones I used with the bot via PkHex they had been assigned a new Home tracker, which would be normal as they went into Home with that data zeroed by the bot.

Maybe Home sees that it's from gen 1-7 so it should have a Home tracker and flags it because it's coming from a gen 9 game without a tracker but should already have one as it would need to have been moved through Home to get there in the first place.

Any other mon I've changed from a game never had a Home tracker as it had never been into Home. So it wouldn't matter if that data was zeroed because it was zero to begin with.

Odd that nintendo would think this is normal.

26 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah. Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear earlier; details are tracked and converted across games using HOME tracker. So stuff should have HOME tracker if the main entry point isn’t Bank, LGPE or SWSH.

All good mate, appreciate your help.