Not Loading

Kruddymusician

When I open PKHEX, it gives me the message "A Fatal Non-UI Error has Occurred, and there was a problem displaying the details, Please report this to the author."

looked into it and I need a .Net Framework 4.6 for it. Ok, cool, Problem, I already have it. I try to download it, and it says my computer already has it. 

I copy and pasted the word document with every failed attempt to open PK Hex, maybe someone can translate this jibberish, because I cant. 

"System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PKHeX.Core.StartupArguments' from assembly 'PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main..ctor()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.Main()
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean PKHeX.Core.Util.IsStringListCached(System.String, System.String[] ByRef)'.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.WinFormsTranslator.GetTranslationFile(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.WinFormsTranslator.GetContext(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow..ctor(String lang)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.ErrorWindow.ShowErrorDialog(String friendlyMessage, Exception ex, Boolean allowContinue)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.CurrentDomain_UnhandledException(Object sender, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)"

On 4/19/2022 at 10:05 PM, Kaphotics said:

Works fine if you run the single-file release posted in the downloads section.

Don't run executables (like the development build) directly from a zip file.

what single file release? I go to PKHEX, and I download the one that's there. is there another version? I'm not sure what you mean

I've tried this about 17 times now, but, I'd download it, it goes into WinRar, I extract the Application to my desktop, and when I click on it, it gives me that message, and doesnt load. Am I doing something wrong there?

On 4/20/2022 at 3:51 AM, Atrius97 said:

Alternatively, try unblocking the zip file under Properties before extracting PKHeX/unblocking the PKHeX.exe file.

Also make sure you have the prerequisite .NET framework installed.

tried unblocking it, then extracted it. Nothing. And I clicked on the prerequisite .NET Framework, and it told me my computer already had it preinstalled