Could there be something wrong with my save or just bad RNG?

Charles1703

i used PKHeX to add some mons to the pokedex that i couldnt find so that way i complete my pokedex, i left those mons without weight so they appear in the pokedex with 0 height and 0 weight also my pokedex says im a full star member and i have 99,999 research points, is this normal? 

i got the shiny charm with my full perfect pokedex but now when i go to any map, i can only find one shiny if most, i can be hunting for 2 hours in an outbreak and no shiny will appear, so could  there be something wrong or is just bad RNG. 

Thanks for your answers, sorry for any grammatical errors in the post english is not my first language 

6 hours ago, Charles1703 said:

i used PKHeX to add some mons to the pokedex that i couldnt find so that way i complete my pokedex, i left those mons without weight so they appear in the pokedex with 0 height and 0 weight also my pokedex says im a full star member and i have 99,999 research points, is this normal? 

i got the shiny charm with my full perfect pokedex but now when i go to any map, i can only find one shiny if most, i can be hunting for 2 hours in an outbreak and no shiny will appear, so could  there be something wrong or is just bad RNG. 

Thanks for your answers, sorry for any grammatical errors in the post english is not my first language 

You are never guaranteed to find shiny Pokémon. By completing/perfecting dex pages, getting the Shiny Charm, and going to out breaks only increase your odds. Never assume that high odds equates to being guaranteed a shiny. The RNG just isn’t in your favour.

31 minutes ago, Poke J said:

You are never guaranteed to find shiny Pokémon. By completing/perfecting dex pages, getting the Shiny Charm, and going to out breaks only increase your odds. Never assume that high odds equates to being guaranteed a shiny. The RNG just isn’t in your favour.

i know that having all that doesn't guarantee a shiny, but i was just wondering if i could've ruined my save or something, cause i see many others getting tons of shiny pokemon with the shiny charm but i guess is just pure RNG

35 minutes ago, Charles1703 said:

i know that having all that doesn't guarantee a shiny, but i was just wondering if i could've ruined my save or something, cause i see many others getting tons of shiny pokemon with the shiny charm but i guess is just pure RNG

Are you comparing yourself to people that play 10s of hours per day, and play it like a job or for the sake of content?

1 hour ago, Charles1703 said:

hahahaha maybe, im just a bit paranoid, i guess this thread can be locked thanks for the answers 

I mean I suspect the same thing for me (I modified a save to have Shiny charm just for the fun of it) but maybe it's just bad RNG. It'll be more alarming if a lot of people experience the same thing, but even then the odds could be misunderstood.

For example, we recently discovered everyone has been going about shiny hunting in LGPE wrong:
https://twitter.com/Sibuna_Switch/status/1492970750264979456