Pokémon Brilliant Diamond restart from beginning after restoring save

Yot

Hi, so I recently finished the new Pokémon Brilliant Diamond on my switch, but I was too lazy to complete the Pokedex, so I decided to add the hard pokémons from PkHex so I won't have to see them in game. I started by getting the save file from my game using JKSV (I also tried Checkpoint), I exported it to my computer and opened the file with PkHex (latest version) and started adding some pokémons to the dex. After adding about 10 pokémons, I exported my save then exported it to my switch, and finally restored it. But when I started my game, it asked me to chose a language, basically the game reset. I checked again my save in PkHex and all my data was in it, like the dex and my PC's pokémons. I have no idea why this happens, does PkHex corrupts my save or restart it?

49 minutes ago, Yot said:

Hi, so I recently finished the new Pokémon Brilliant Diamond on my switch, but I was too lazy to complete the Pokedex, so I decided to add the hard pokémons from PkHex so I won't have to see them in game. I started by getting the save file from my game using JKSV (I also tried Checkpoint), I exported it to my computer and opened the file with PkHex (latest version) and started adding some pokémons to the dex. After adding about 10 pokémons, I exported my save then exported it to my switch, and finally restored it. But when I started my game, it asked me to chose a language, basically the game reset. I checked again my save in PkHex and all my data was in it, like the dex and my PC's pokémons. I have no idea why this happens, does PkHex corrupts my save or restart it?

Your game version is probably 1.0.0 and you restored a 1.1.0/1.1.1 save.

The saves track game revision and you cannot restore downwards.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Your game version is probably 1.0.0 and you restored a 1.1.0/1.1.1 save.

The saves track game revision and you cannot restore downwards.

I started my game in 1.1.1 and it's still on this version.

8 minutes ago, Yot said:

I started my game in 1.1.1 and it's still on this version.

maybe you restored the save incorrectly. (the way it's named, the presence of other files in the folder etc.)
or perhaps your FTP (if you're using it) is shedding bytes from the transfer, resulting in an invalid save being sent back.

What are you using to transfer your save to your Switch?

maybe you restored the save incorrectly. (the way it's named, the presence of other files in the folder etc.)
or perhaps your FTP (if you're using it) is shedding bytes from the transfer, resulting in an invalid save being sent back.

What are you using to transfer your save to your Switch?

I do use FTP, I use Filezilla and an ftp server on my switch to transfer the file.

Try setting the transfer type in FileZilla to binary instead of ASCII, then try again.

Doesn't seem to work, when I restore and start the game it still starts from the beginning.

I had some troubles in the past restoring save games with checkpoint after copying them from my pc to the switch using USB transfer. The solution was to take out the microSD card, copy the save file using a card adapter and putting the microSD back in the switch and restoring. Cumbersome but it worked every time

9 minutes ago, Yot said:

Doesn't seem to work, when I restore and start the game it still starts from the beginning.

Send the save over from your Switch using FTP.

Very important, I want the save that you restored to your Switch that is causing issues, that is on your Switch. I don't want a fresh download.
Also, I want a screenshot of the files in the folder that you're going to restore.

1 minute ago, ryuko2002 said:

I had some troubles in the past restoring save games with checkpoint after copying them from my pc to the switch using USB transfer. The solution was to take out the microSD card, copy the save file using a card adapter and putting the microSD back in the switch and restoring. Cumbersome but it worked every time

As much as that is a sure fire way, repeated usage of taking out and placing back the SD card can kill the SD card adapter on the Switch (which is replaceable) and that part of the motherboard connecting to the adapter (not replaceable).

I won't recommend it. I know it happens, cause it happened to me.

• Speechless 1

Very important, I want the save that you restored to your Switch that is causing issues, that is on your Switch. I don't want a fresh download.
Also, I want a screenshot of the files in the folder that you're going to restore.

The folder is just an empty one with just the .bin save file

image.png

SaveDataDex.bin

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

As much as that is a sure fire way, repeated usage of taking out and placing back the SD card can kill the SD card adapter on the Switch (which is replaceable) and that part of the motherboard connecting to the adapter (not replaceable).

I won't recommend it. I know it happens, cause it happened to me.

Thanks for the info, I have taken out the SD card a handful of times, but I’ll be extra careful if I need to do it again.

Yes. Since the 3DS, file name matters for the file you're reinjecting.

Well thanks, now my game starts however the pokemon I added in the pokedex (Torterra) doesn't show as seen in the pokedex.
I just checked the male box and clicked save, and exported the save, like the screenshot below.

image.png

Do i need to copy the Backup.bin too? or as the name says it's just a backup of the save

51 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Working as intended. You didn't change the dropdown.

Ohhhhh, sorry didn't see that