Can shiny genesect jpn event exist with english name?

ArceusGOAT

Hello.One of the people I know claimed that he directly got movie genesect gen5 event in english gen 5 catridge.

I know gen6~gen8 jpn event can exist with other language.But was shiny genesect able to be distributed at eng catridge?

Screenshot_20210621-114530_Gallery.jpg

Edited by ArceusGOAT

• ArceusGOAT changed the title to Can shiny genesect jpn event exist with english name?
6 minutes ago, ArceusGOAT said:

Damn, Do you mean that people actually hacked the cartridge?

Not gonna lay down any conclusions, since there's many ways it can go.

Maybe someone hacked the distribution cartridge to force it to distribute to Gen 5 English games.
Maybe someone hacked the game save on that cartridge.
Maybe someone received the event via those DNS spoofing things, and the DNS spoofer doesn't restrict languages of saves distributed to.
Maybe Shiny Genesect event had a special exception (although I doubt it; this would have been raised many years ago, and thus wouldn't make it the first time I'm hearing of this).

It's up to your to decide on how this event ended up on this cart, but whatever the case, it is not legal.

5 minutes ago, ArceusGOAT said:

Actually,I saw a bunch of eng name jpn shiny genesect movie event with ribbon(even nature and iv is legal) at online or pokemon trade.

That genesect always made me suspected that if this genesect had a special exception.

Well, people have been hacking in the Wonder Card into saves and redeeming in on an English save.
So ENG name shiny Genesect from the JPN movie event isn't uncommon.

Back in the day, a picture of the redeemed Genesect isn't enough; anyone could make it.
It was verified against people who went to the event on the spot, and taken various pictures.
These people also tends to have various different languaged cart.
As I said, if it was an actual exception, we would have heard about it (plus proper accompanying proof) ages ago.

Anyhow, I feel as though I have sufficiently answered your question.
Do you have any other burning questions?

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/21/2021 at 8:08 AM, theSLAYER said:

Not gonna lay down any conclusions, since there's many ways it can go.

Maybe someone hacked the distribution cartridge to force it to distribute to Gen 5 English games.
Maybe someone hacked the game save on that cartridge.
Maybe someone received the event via those DNS spoofing things, and the DNS spoofer doesn't restrict languages of saves distributed to.
Maybe Shiny Genesect event had a special exception (although I doubt it; this would have been raised many years ago, and thus wouldn't make it the first time I'm hearing of this).

It's up to your to decide on how this event ended up on this cart, but whatever the case, it is not legal.

Well, the only option of the ones you gave is someone hacked the game save on the cartridge. Shiny genesect does not have an exception, and the event isn't an option with the dns exploit, as it was an in person event for one of the pokemon movies. I'm unsure of the way it was distributed, but even if there was a distribution cart and they forced it to distribute to Gen 5 English games (which theoretically could possibly happen if someone had an english game in japan) the only thing that would be different is the main message on the wonder card. (which would be in a different langauge) The OT and the name would still be the in the same language.

18 hours ago, Sakisoap said:

but even if there was a distribution cart and they forced it to distribute to Gen 5 English games (which theoretically could possibly happen if someone had an english game in japan) the only thing that would be different is the main message on the wonder card. (which would be in a different langauge) The OT and the name would still be the in the same language.

Do not take offense, but your lack of understanding of how wonder card redemption works is shown in this statement.

Here's a visual that is based on the data of the card:

Spoiler

data expressed visually in HTML format
image.png

data expressed visually via a program made by me:
image.png
(Note: if the name was preprogrammed into the card, it would say nickname instead of name)

Data in wonder card
image.pngimage.png

You're right to say that OT will remain the same. That is because it was preprogrammed into the card.

Spoiler

image.png
(the OT eigakan)

But your statement about the language it would be (hence the nickname) is wrong.

Spoiler

image.png
(nickname left blank)
image.png
(area governing nickname; my example regarding data governing language is covered earlier)

If the wonder card was redeemed on a different game save language, the mon's language would be different.
I'm not disagreeing that the case OP brought up was probably hacked anyway, I'm disagreeing with how you think those scenarios I've listed (besides DNS spoofing; I've yet to test that for myself) would not possibly bring about an English redeemed Genesect.

in Gen 5 japanese cartridge didn't have the possibility to use an english language? i know that from gen 6 is possible because a japanese game can choose english language to play so it would be legit, but don't know how it works before 3ds

25 minutes ago, thomas05 said:

in Gen 5 japanese cartridge didn't have the possibility to use an english language? i know that from gen 6 is possible because a japanese game can choose english language to play so it would be legit, but don't know how it works before 3ds

No. Language choosing only became a thing in Gen 6.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, coolpokebutts said:

This is probably gonna be the last post on this conversation. When you clone the event Genesect from a Japanese name it becomes English. Therefor it is 99.9 percent cloned.

For starters this is incorrect. I'm not sure where you got the idea that "cloned events become english" but that's just outright not how "cloning" something works. Typically cloning an Pokémon results in an identical copy, not a language swapped one, regardless of method. (PKHeX, dupe glitch, cheats, etc.) There's zero reason for the language ID to change when every other value is retained when making a clone.

Secondly, there was no need to revive a post from 8 months prior to post essentially just "misinformation with nothing to back it up".
I'll be locking this topic now, this conversation has been over for the better part of a year, and the topic was explored in-depth, it didn't need a "last post".

Edited by Atrius97
  • Like 1