Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Hello Everyone. I'm New here and stumbled upon this wonderfoul post and website quite by accident. I have both Pokemon Diamond And SoulSilver. While I owend Diamond I practically missed all the mystery gifts except for the last one mostly b/c I had forgotten about Mystery Gifts entirely. I wont make the same mistake with SoulSilver And of eithier Black/White. But what I need help with the most right now is getting The Pokemon Diamond Mystery Gift Event Pokemon/Items. Any one willing to help me out would deserve my gratitude. I would be using my own PC and Action Replay if I owned but since Im without my PC and my own copy of Action Replay [Which I eventually plan to buy Action Replay DSi Media Edition] Seriously, anyone who is wiling to help me out, I'll do my best to help out in return. I wil also plan on joining this project once I get my PC Back and myself a copy of Action Replay. BTW does anyone Know where else I can find the version im looking for other than the 1st party site? Ive Google Shopped and found a few but Can Not be to sure those are the versions Im looking for. Thank You very Much in advance.

Alright, I got a problem. I was trying to get a 10 aniv celebi and i imported it and everything, then when i saved it and started playing, it says there is no gift attached. But when i check back, there is celebi clealy attached.

Help is much appreciated

~John

• 4 weeks later...

i'm having problems with it

if i get it to work and find out what files to use then it works good but the problem is in starting it

due too technical problems i use desmume to play hg, and desmume saves it's files as .dsv and the editor doesn't read those files, so i found a site that transforms .dsv into .sav but then either i get the message that the file is 511kb instead of the recuired 512 or that it's no pokemon save file

i use this site to convert my files

http://shunyweb.info/convert.php?id=27577163

please let me know how to get to the right .sav file because i already know ar codes won't work for me since they crash my game, so using the MGE (mystery gift editor) i finnaly found a way to get those otherwise unreachable pokemon

thanks in advance

CONGRATS TO GROVYLE! I VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS SINCE THE EVENT SECTION IS BACK UP!

EDIT: When i use the Enigma Cystal Event ( Downloaded PGT AND PCD From Projectpokemon) When i Imprt The PCD it works Fine and the Wondercard is there but when i Import the PGT it show up as Max Potion? I tried Other Sites with PGT AND PCD same Problem?

I need Help With This as I really want a " Legit" ( well Kind Of) Latios and Latias.

Thanks in Advance if Anyone Helps Me.

Cheers To Grovyle.

Hello Everyone. I'm New here and stumbled upon this wonderfoul post and website quite by accident. I have both Pokemon Diamond And SoulSilver. While I owend Diamond I practically missed all the mystery gifts except for the last one mostly b/c I had forgotten about Mystery Gifts entirely. I wont make the same mistake with SoulSilver And of eithier Black/White. But what I need help with the most right now is getting The Pokemon Diamond Mystery Gift Event Pokemon/Items. Any one willing to help me out would deserve my gratitude. I would be using my own PC and Action Replay if I owned but since Im without my PC and my own copy of Action Replay [Which I eventually plan to buy Action Replay DSi Media Edition] Seriously, anyone who is wiling to help me out, I'll do my best to help out in return. I wil also plan on joining this project once I get my PC Back and myself a copy of Action Replay. BTW does anyone Know where else I can find the version im looking for other than the 1st party site? Ive Google Shopped and found a few but Can Not be to sure those are the versions Im looking for. Thank You very Much in advance.

What Are You trying to Say here You need Events?

If So Check Out Here :http://projectpokemon.org/events

Pm me if You want to know How to use the PGT Files and PCD ones

ok i solved the problem myself

the .dsv needs to be loaded into the converter then source format is R4 ".sav"

and target formet should be set to no$gba ".sav"

and the weird thing i found out is i don't have to convert it back to use it on desmume since it can read that last ".sav" but it will make a ".dsv" to store changes :P

I don't know if this was posted before, but i tried one of the event pokemon on the site in post 155, and exported it as a pkm and used the legal checker and it just crashed it, does it mean that it's not the real pokemon, like arceus it won't activate the event in HGSS? i checked using the pokesav and it was a fateful encounter.

hey there grovyle, i used your mystery gift editor hoping that i would get a jirachi and when i finished using your program and turned my Pokemon Heart Gold on, it gave me the blue screen saying my file has been deleted cause it was corrupted. i don't konw if this has problem has been mentioned before but could you tell me what i was doing wrong ? thanks : )

Is it just me and my incompetence or does the action replay code generator not work? ive tried quite a few ways and it doesnt seem to work on my platinum. plus it would be nice to have HG/SS action replay codes available for it =D

Yeah, I too have that problem. I was trying to get the Yellow Forest course, and it won't export the AR codes for English. It works for Japan just fine; is it possible that the codes are the same and that the only thing that changes are the Game ID codes?

Well, I tried entering the Game ID for the English game, but it wont allow it at all stating that "The Action Replay Codes are not available for the USA region version of HG/SS"

Plus if I try to update the "Live ARDS Code Preview" to either USA HG or SS, it comes up with "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue..." blah blah. I think ill post the exception details here. This was for the USA version of SS set to Gift 1.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Pokemon_Mystery_Gift_Editor.ActionReplay.get_GeneratedRAW()

at Pokemon_Mystery_Gift_Editor.AR_Export.valuesARPreviewChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Pokemon Mystery Gift Editor

Assembly Version: 1.4.0.3

Win32 Version: 1.4.0.3

CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Malachi%20Thomas/Desktop/Pokemon%20stuff/Pok%E9mon%20Mystery%20Gift%20Editor/Pokemon%20Mystery%20Gift%20Editor.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Here's what I did to get it working on English HG/SS a couple months ago. Click Action Replay Export. Then in the Custom IDs section Select HGSS and JP in the Based On drop down menus, then enter the ROM ID for the English HG (IPKE 4DFFBF91) and/or SS (IPGE 2D5118CA).

Now select the Custom IDs you made and click export to create an XML file with the code. Open the file up, and look at the start of each code generated. Select the second line of the code:

94000130 FCFF0000

B2110DC0 00000000

and replace it with:

94000130 FCFF0000

B2111880 00000000

The first line deals with how the code is activated, in the example about, it's activated by pressing L+R. Repeat this for every code you've generated. Save the file and load it up on your DS and activate the code with whatever button combination you set to trigger it. If you copy and paste the first line above (94000130 FCFF0000) to the first line of your code, it'll be activated with L+R.

The site http://shunyweb.info/convert.php?id=27577163 isnt workin. It says the following: Error: The save extension is not accepted . I dont know what to do.

Also i recieve this message, i downloaded the Nzone Pikachu from the event download section of this site, i tried using grovyle's program.

Input size incorrect:260bytes

Correct Size 512KB or 254kg

Cant transfer

Blah . Who has two thumbs and needs help soon. This guy Right HERRE!

It's not that hard to use:

- Activate "Save file mode"

- Press "Import PCD..."

- Select the WonderCard file (PCD), then open it

- Once it loads, press the "From WC..." button found at the left-side

- Under "Miscellaneous" choose "Action Replay Export", and from there you can customize the code

After you've done all this, load the code to your ARDS, and remember that the code will work by pressing the button triggers you chose outside the PKMN Market before entering it.

Hope that helps; I tried to be as simple and concise as possible.

EDIT: You can always press "Edit PKM..." in case you like to simply see the PKMN or edit it somehow.

It's not that hard to use:

- Activate "Save file mode"

- Press "Import PCD..."

- Select the WonderCard file (PCD), then open it

- Once it loads, press the "From WC..." button found at the left-side

- Under "Miscellaneous" choose "Action Replay Export", and from there you can customize the code

After you've done all this, load the code to your ARDS, and remember that the code will work by pressing the button triggers you chose outside the PKMN Market before entering it.

Hope that helps; I tried to be as simple and concise as possible.

EDIT: You can always press "Edit PKM..." in case you like to simply see the PKMN or edit it somehow.

Wow, I tried that, I wanted to ask the creator to make a less lengthy version, as when I did that i couldnt see the generated code.....at the side, and when I copied it fully etc, it said platinum Japanese, when I checked off USA, I don't know, I really need some help will you help me?

Wow, I tried that, I wanted to ask the creator to make a less lengthy version, as when I did that i couldnt see the generated code.....at the side, and when I copied it fully etc, it said platinum Japanese, when I checked off USA, I don't know, I really need some help will you help me?

Well, I forgot to say that, before exporting the code, you must click the "Save" button found in the left-side, at the end of Gift (PGT). IF you export the code, and for some reason it's "blank", as in the XML has info regarding the game except the code itself, then add the following to it:

In between the last </gameid> tag and </game> tag

<cheat>
		<name>CODE'S NAME</name>
		<codes>
CODE
		</codes>
	</cheat>

Save as .XML once finished.

Well, I forgot to say that, before exporting the code, you must click the "Save" button found in the left-side, at the end of Gift (PGT). IF you export the code, and for some reason it's "blank", as in the XML has info regarding the game except the code itself, then add the following to it:

In between the last </gameid> tag and </game> tag

<cheat>
		<name>CODE'S NAME</name>
		<codes>
CODE
		</codes>
	</cheat>

Save as .XML once finished.

Yep I did that too, The Save, and I opened the XML it looked like what You have above, However when I added xml to ARDSi manager it came up as a GAME, and No code,