Cloudy0709

PKHex VS Pokemon Home: Which should we use to store our pokémon collection?

Whats the community consensus? Should I stick with PKHex as my pokemon bank or should I shell out the money and get Pokemon Home?

Obviously PKHex offers a hell of a lot more storage, and the knowledge that the product of my OCD wont go up in smoke if I don't pay the bills on time. However I guess there is a thing to be said for cross transfer for future generations, and the guarantee that Nintendo consoles in the future may be as hackable as they have been is nonexistent.

So whats your opinion?

17 minutes ago, Cloudy0709 said:

Whats the community consensus? Should I stick with PKHex as my pokemon bank or should I shell out the money and get Pokemon Home?

Obviously PKHex offers a hell of a lot more storage, and the knowledge that the product of my OCD wont go up in smoke if I don't pay the bills on time. However I guess there is a thing to be said for cross transfer for future generations, and the guarantee that Nintendo consoles in the future may be as hackable as they have been is nonexistent.

So whats your opinion?

Why not both?

As you said, future devices may not be hackable or completely blown apart.
So PKHeX into SWSH, then Pokémon HOME into future games.

Plus, HOME has a sick Magearna you cannot get anywhere else.
(Presently cannot be backed up, however given the DLC: Crown Tundra intends to add the other legendary monsters,
Magearna just might become transferable to SWSH)

Additionally, if Bank is anything to go by, I'm expecting HOME events right before it's various anniversaries.
(you know, as a way to push people to subscribe again)

Speaking of OCD and the product going poof, well HOME won't delete your mons if your subscription lapses.
You just won't have access to the boxes until you pay again.

Tho, eventually the server will die and the mons will disappear.
But how long is that till that day passes, 5 - 10 years into the future?

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Plus, HOME has a sick Magearna you cannot get anywhere else.
(Presently cannot be backed up, however given the DLC: Crown Tundra intends to add the other legendary monsters,
Magearna just might become transferable to SWSH)

Wait, didn't the Original color Magearna apeared on SM/USUM games? I think I remember there being a pokedex entry for them.

Yeah I think I'll do that, though I will take a cautious approach given current global events. May sound a little alarmist and stuff but those online subscription really manage to add up sometimes. Maybe I will make the jump the next pokemon game, or near the time when Nintendo finally axes Bank.

Edited by Cloudy0709

9 minutes ago, Cloudy0709 said:

Wait, didn't the Original color Magearna apeared on SM/USUM games? I think I remember there being a pokedex entry for them.

Nope it did not. While it could be hacked into the games (thus the dex entry), this marks the first time Original Color Magearna is available. (the distributed ones were the plain silver ones.)

10 minutes ago, Cloudy0709 said:

Yeah I think I'll do that, though I will take a cautious approach given current global events. May sound a little alarmist and stuff but those online subscription really manage to add up sometimes. Maybe I will make the jump the next pokemon game, or near the time when Nintendo finally axes Bank.

Yeah subscriptions do build up. I basically shifted everything to HOME from Bank and did not renew my Bank, cause there's no real need. (I myself don't want to double pay subscription).

Another good thing about HOME, is that it can access saves of SWSH on other profiles. So those profiles can end up as save storage too.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Nope it did not. While it could be hacked into the games (thus the dex entry), this marks the first time Original Color Magearna is available. (the distributed ones were the plain silver ones.)

Yeah subscriptions do build up. I basically shifted everything to HOME from Bank and did not renew my Bank, cause there's no real need. (I myself don't want to double pay subscription).

Another good thing about HOME, is that it can access saves of SWSH on other profiles. So those profiles can end up as save storage too.

Huh well the more you know.

Thanks for the advice mate!

• Like 1