PKHEX Pokemon UM Help

Hello! I'm pretty new to the Pokemon modding community especially the 3DS! I've started using the PKHEX Pokemon Modifier program and I love it except for I'm having a couple of issues with it, possibly understanding how to work parts of it haha. I'll give as much information as I can about my issue but if you need more info please just ask and possibly tell me how to retrieve it ^_^

ISSUES

1) I'm having a huge issue with the Mystery event Pokemon. I cannot view them. It freezes and crashes PKHEX completely. It does this with a few other things but the biggest problem is Mystery Event Pokemon. 

2) Also the other biggest concern: whenever I try to access Pokemon encounter database it either doesn't load or freezes. 

3) Also Gen 1 and 2 will not transfer to Gen 7. 

That's all I can think of at the moment and my biggest concerns are 1 and 2. Most of the time the freezes happen when I click view. Below is some information you might need to help me!

SPECS

1) Windows 10 64-bit 

2) Citra; Canary mingw (I don't have the version because I can't remember and don't know how to find it but its the most recent update done on June 25,2019)

3) Pokemon Ultra Moon

4) My PKHEX folders are as follows: This PC/F:/GAMES/Pokemon/PKHeX Pokemon Modifier     

And below is what I have in the folders

- bak folder

-- a list of main saves

- PKHeX.CORE.dll

- PKHeX.exe

5) My PKHeX version is: 20190515 and if there is an update, I haven't been alerted to one.

Thats all I think I know! But if you need more let me know! If it's an update problem then I look forward to the next release! And if there is an update I've missed I would be happy to download with a link ^_^ Thank you guys! Happy Pokemon'ing and Gaming! 

Note: I can submit pictures if needed!

Edited by wolfdancer333

First of, to be certain, redownload PKHeX from our site.

12 minutes ago, wolfdancer333 said:

Also Gen 1 and 2 will not transfer to Gen 7. 

How are you attempting the transfer, and what's the error message/problem? Just saying "will not transfer" isn't enough.

For reference sake, what I normally do is:
1. Load a Gen 1/2 save in one window, load a Gen 7 save in another.
2. Drag the sprite from a Gen 1/2 save, and drop it on Desktop. It becomes a PK1/PK2 file.
3. Now, drag the PK2 into the UM main window.

Another method, is simply dragging it across.

On my end, both methods works normally, as seen below:
image.pngimage.png

You probably could list the steps you take, and take a screenshot of the error message (if any), or tell us how you determine "it isn't working".

18 minutes ago, wolfdancer333 said:

1) I'm having a huge issue with the Mystery event Pokemon. I cannot view them. It freezes and crashes PKHEX completely. It does this with a few other things but the biggest problem is Mystery Event Pokemon. 

2) Also the other biggest concern: whenever I try to access Pokemon encounter database it either doesn't load or freezes.  

As for these issues, I'm not sure what questions to ask you, in order to attempt to identify what is the problem.

They both open just fine for me.

@Kaphotics I'm sorry but I'm not able to help narrow it down for this second issue.

@theSLAYER Thank you! I haven't tried it the way you suggested but I will and see if that will work! I didn't have a previous Gen save only Generation 7 in Ultra Moon so that might be the problem. The error message asks if the Pokemon I'm trying to transfer really belongs in that Generation and it's usually any Generation before Sun/Moon and the Ultra games. I will work on that and see if I can get a fix and I'll post the error message up in a photo when it pops up! When I click Mystery Gift the screen loads with all the event Pokemon but when I click View, PKHeX crashes and has to be shut down. This does not change no matter how many times I try it so I assume maybe it's an update fix. 

@Kaphotics Oh that makes sense! I'll be looking forward to the next release then, thank you! :)

Thank you both for all your help and I'll post up the error message when I get to it! 

9 minutes ago, wolfdancer333 said:

I will work on that and see if I can get a fix and I'll post the error message up in a photo when it pops up!

Erm, USUM can accept any Pokémon from any generation before Gen 7, as long as it's not some kind of exclusive Pokémon (Spiky Ear Pichu, Cosplay Pikachu for example).

Please DO post the image, I am very curious about this error message.

40 minutes ago, wolfdancer333 said:

@theSLAYER Okay got the error message! It appears to be whenever I try to set a mystery gift Pokemon from any Generation but Generation 7. Here is the promised screenshot! It seems to be most problems are with viewing, setting, and the Mystery Gift Pokemon. 

Screenshot (1616).png

Erm, that's because Mystery Gift files, the specific wonder cards, are supposed to be used in their own generation.
It's not an error message. It is literally telling you that you are doing it all wrong. :/

Like, you can't redeem a Gen 4 wonder card on a Gen 7 save, that doesn't make sense.
Normally, you're supposed to redeem it on a Gen 4 game, THEN transfer the pk4 all the way up to Gen 7.

In any case, drag the wonder card to the left window of PKHeX. It should mimic the redemption and transfer procedure. :)