Archived Sticky: Distant Land collection project

Guested

An idea... couldn't you just back up your Emerald sav file and restore it after trading the Pokemon to xD? ;)

By the way:

First release is done! First post is updated, so check it out!

I could, but if I was going to be setting the date ahead on my DS like 3 dozen times, I was wanting to transfer my Emerald Pokemon to one sav AND the xD Pokemon to another so I wouldn't waste the effort I was putting in.

Hmph, he was like the Joker to my Batman, always just one step out of my reach. lol

Anyway, since I didn't get any help, =P, I just used the emulator at 200% speed, a catch all Pokemon code on LeafGreen, and went into the Safari Zone to just start chucking balls at everything I saw. Took three trips, but I'm now officially all traded. And just in time too, because if I return the game by later today, I can get a full refund. xD

So I'm going to bed, and I'll start Pal Parking in the morning...er, whenever I wake up.

No, I'm returning xD. Since I just bought it on the 7th to do this and get me my single OT versions, I had 7 days to return it for my refund. Just hopefully I don't sleep all day past their closing time, I haven't been sleeping much lately. I want my refund. :kikkoman:

Yep, that it was.

I've officially started pal Parking, but I've gotten next to nowhere. lol 48 Pokemon, split between my Emerald Hoenn Pokemon and the FireRed(LeafGreen sav) Orre Pokemon. It'll still be a while though, I'm getting ready to take xD back.

Well, the guy at the counter today must have been PMSing because he wouldn't take it back. After a bit of bickering I got him to offer me store credit, which at this point and time is useless for me, so I just kept the game. Be better off throwing it on eBay than trading it in for cash.

Its really a pain in the butt though when people decide to take out their troubles on you, its not like its my fault.

PS. Going to finish eating, then I'll begin Pal Parking again.

I know, I know, but he had to be on the rag or something. When it all comes down to it, we actually don't have ANY rights at the store, the receipt states they hold the right to refuse any return. -.- Guy just felt like being an ass I guess. Oh well, I'll just keep it and throw it in the corner with the other double dozen games I never play anymore. Maybe I'll head to a different Gamestop sometime in the future and turn it in with all those other games... and get one in return...and it'll probably have to be used... cause they are cheapskates. lol

Anyway, I have around another 7 Pal Parking trips to do, but that will wait till tomorrow. I've already transferred around 150 Pokemon today, and frankly, I'm tired of doing so. lol

:grog: WELL DONE GUYS :grog:

i havent posted in this thread yet (i think) but i have been keeping an eye on it and i just wanted to say congrats and thanks to all the people responsible for this awesome collection.

p.s i know that unknown GBA type is ok but the col pokes are also showing invalid trash bytes, is this right or do we need to correct them

p.p.s OHH i get it, they need pal parking, right?

Edited by Doc

ok i wasnt using the latest legality checker but i am now and most of the col pokes are still showing no pal parked country and invalid trash bytes, were they extracted from a gen 3 game before pal parking? is that even possible or is it a gen 4 thing? im not sure but i hope this issue will be resolved. so far ive only added a few xD pokes to my game but i saw a few col pokes i wouldnt mind having, as long as i knew they were ok or got fixed.

Well, they show up as normal for me. Both have valid trashbytes, an Orre hometown, etc. BTW, the xD Pokemon will have Fateful Encounters, but Colosseum won't.

legal.png

As I told Guested though, I'm on a few new medications from a recent hospital visit. I don't remember very well if I sent them directly after Pal Parking them, or if I bothered to dump the whole batch on the Trashbyte normalizer first. I wanna say I didn't touch them, although the Makuhita have invalid bytes since I had to unevolve him from a Hariyama (I wasn't paying attention at the Purification Ceremony >.>).

I do know for a fact that Guested will have to check the xD Pokemon I sent, because after all the Pal Parking and and the little bit of editing I had to do to a couple of Pokemon, as well as unevolve my Espeon back to Eevee, I didn't want to mess with the little guys again for a while. But I gave fair warning for that. =P

Fateful Encouter: You are correct.

Trash bytes:

Yeah, don't worry about it.

It's possible that the mistake was made in un-evolving a Pokemon, but that's easy enough to fix.

I'm going to sleep now, but I plan on looking through everything tomorrow and I'll fix whichever ones were invalid.

I took a brief lookthrough just now and most of the ones I checked were valid. I ran into about two that were invalid, and one was Makuhita, so that's a likely devolving situation.

ANYWAYS, everything will be cleaned up tomorrow AND I'll be releasing the second release which will have Mt. Battle Pokemon from Gallade to complete his version of the xD Pokemon, PLUS DanteKoriyu's full, one OT set of xD Pokemon.

Just hang tight.