mew from emerald legality

paf

Can somebody explain me because a mew from emerald can only be legal marked in pkhex if is japanese?It was possible to receive a pass to faraway island in a japanse game and so pass to sav to an english one before finding mew so the encounter  will be english.the english mew also passes in pokebank as legal.thanks anyway.

• paf changed the title to mew from emerald legality

Old Sea Map was only distributed to Japanese Emerald games, thus the only language it can legally exist with is Japanese. You cannot pass it to an English save file.

10 minutes ago, paf said:

the english mew also passes in pokebank as legal.thanks anyway.

PKHeX does a better job at detecting illegal data.

• Like 1

not the ticket but it isn't possible to pass the sav with ticket from a japanse to pc and from pc to an english emerald an take an engish emrald mew?

according to this tutorial for instance:

Edited by paf

@paf the processes involved in dumping and restoring save files makes it not legitimate.
Hence, what you're proposing will make the Mew itself not legitimate.

So to be extremely clear:
1. The event distributing the Old Sea Map was only available to players in Japan. These distributions were language locked (example: Aurora Ticket)
2. There is not legitimate way to transfer saves between carts
3. Poketransporter has horrible hack checks. Just because something passes, doesn't mean it's legal.
(They allowed NON-JPN entries to pass, because there were ENG distributions of Mew in Gen III, such as Aura and MYSTRY Mew.)

thanks for the replies.I was offered a english mew from emerald from a friend and he said the he had gotten it from the way I explained above.also I saw in youtube a video teaching the way I posted above.that is why I had some doubts about the legality of english emerald mew.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 9:08 AM, paf said:

thanks for the replies.I was offered a english mew from emerald from a friend and he said the he had gotten it from the way I explained above.also I saw in youtube a video teaching the way I posted above.that is why I had some doubts about the legality of english emerald mew.

In all honesty, I think Nintendo snubbed a lot of "legal" things we should be able to do, such as Mew and Arceus.  I really don't mind the whole "legal" argument, but I would like to be at that point in time where Nintendo started correcting it's past mistakes.  Which we all know will never happen...