Kalaxe

Help removing background of 3ds sprites are missing

1 minute ago, Andrew1207 said:

@Kalaxe Do you know where i should ask for Marshadow Attack? Or can you get me it? Because Citra is running slow for me

what attack means? there are 4 different gif when he "attacks"

@Kalaxe all 4. Do you know how to get em? Coz i am trying to collect all attacking sprites. I almost finished the front. Just need Marshadow and a few others.

• Like 1

@Andrew1207 that's a big job, keep in mind that there are 4 gifs for each pokemon, 4 more for the back (if you want to capture it) + 4 for the shiny (+4 for the back) a total of: 16 gifs for every pokemon. It is a very ambitious project and surely you end up getting tired. This is not a thread to request sprites. Then if I have time, I'll capture them, but not any more.

• Like 1

@Kalaxe out of curiosity, did we actually get the Gen 7 version of Glameow (standard and shiny).
as far as I know, this is the only one that got fixed between Gen 6 -> 7

Spr_6x_431.pngSpr_7s_431.png

Gen 6  ver. VS Gen 7 ver.

Additionally, I think it'll be interesting to port Hakamo-o Totem files into SM/USUM (same garc replacement method),
and get it's front and back gif, if it is larger as compared to normal Hakamo-o

edit:
anyhow, I've compiled all the known non-attacking front sprites into pages separated by Generation,
in our technical documentation segment of our forums :)

hello @theSLAYER, good to start  i already had the intention of capturing glameow after getting modify the ROM to get the back of pikachu-customes, but to try it in gen 7, with the method to replace the pikachu, it would not let me start the game, it gave me error, so I had to leave it. If you have a s / m / us / sm in .cia format or .3ds with glameow in alola's pokedex and you can pass it to me, I capture it and I remove the background, but I do not know how to do it so that it does not get corrupted the game.

PS: add a arceus-fighting non shiny to the list (pkparaiso use the arceus fire for the two pokes) i made it

arceus-fighting.gif.7f4427e4b18040039ada335b1224428f.gif

Edited by Kalaxe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

hello @theSLAYER, good to start  i already had the intention of capturing glameow after getting modify the ROM to get the back of pikachu-customes, but to try it in gen 7, with the method to replace the pikachu, it would not let me start the game, it gave me error, so I had to leave it. If you have a s / m / us / sm in, capture it and I remove the background, but I do not know how to do it so that it does not get corrupted the game.

I made some modifications to your post.

I should be able to get video footage Glameow mentioned, just not sure if the quality will be okay. I'll upload it shortly.

as for the hakamo-o I need to figure where is its model in the SM demo garcs

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

should be able to get video footage Glameow mentioned, just not sure if the quality will be okay. I'll upload it shortly.

that glameow do you have in the aloke pokedex? If so, could you also capture the backsprite please? 

to capture them, I use gifcam in case you need it

1 minute ago, Kalaxe said:

that glameow do you have in the aloke pokedex? If so, could you also capture the backsprite please? 

to capture them, I use gifcam in case you need it

I use OBS for the capture, but gifcam might be more useful presently.
I'm trying to edit the garc right now for Glameow, yeah I'll do the front and back :)

@theSLAYER, If you do not mind, could you tell me the steps you have taken so that the file does not get corrupted? it's simply because I want to try to pass the sprites from pikachu-libre to s/m/um/um to see if it does not bug and this be able to get the backsprite

10 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

@theSLAYER, If you do not mind, could you tell me the steps you have taken so that the file does not get corrupted? it's simply because I want to try to pass the sprites from pikachu-libre to s/m/um/um to see if it does not bug and this be able to get the backsprite

I don't think Gen 6 and Gen 7 Models are compatible.
Anyway, I'm using SaltySD on Citra (if some kind of layeredFS method works for Citra akin to Luma on 3DS then that is good too)

So all I do is:
switch around the models in the garc (094 garc).
Capture.PNG

Every 9 files in the garc is a model. Opening the top file in Ohana would show the model, so you know you have the right model.

So all I had to do was put the recompiled garc (using pk3ds) into the relevant citra folders.
(meaning I don't recompile the entire game)
Capture1.PNG

edits:
If the Libre model has 9 files too, maybe I can give the swap a try.

In the mean tine, Glameow files.
glameow1.gifglameow2.gifglameow3.gifglameow4.gif

should I use 60 fps instead? lol

• Like 1

what I did was to unpack the .3ds with 3ds title manager, then I looked for the sprites and unpacked with pk3ds, then what I did, I replaced the files and then I returned to pack everything and it gave me an error :(

I'll try that SaltySD program, maybe it works for me 

14 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

what I did was to unpack the .3ds with 3ds title manager, then I looked for the sprites and unpacked with pk3ds, then what I did, I replaced the files and then I returned to pack everything and it gave me an error :(

I'll try that SaltySD program, maybe it works for me 

I've edited my last post><

anyway, drop me the libre pikachu files, I'll see if it can be used

edit: Totem Hakamo-o's files shifted into SM. size looks the same
edit2: reviewing footage, Hakamo-o in totem was definitely taller. time for me to perform some magic.
Capture2.PNG

Just now, Kalaxe said:

@theSLAYER, can you only move in backsprite the --> <--- pad? l mean, like this glameow.gif.d4f9f0860a9ba3e7d50d2104e4314654.gif

sure. what FPS do you use for your captures?

(also, I'm gonna get totem hakamo-o with some magic; I edited my previous post lol)

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

what FPS do you use for your captures?

i dont understand you xD, 33 fps, its the pkparaiso fps that they recorder

22 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

anyway, drop me the libre pikachu files, I'll see if it can be used

wait a minute, I'm uploading the files

Edited by Kalaxe

28 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

I already know why the 6gen sprites are not compatible with 7gen, in 7th gen, there are 9 files that contain the sprites, while in 6 there are only 8, anyway I upload it to you and tests, although I do not think it is possible 

files pikachulibre.zip

the texture format appears to be different, so I don't think rearranging the files will allow import :/

anyway, here are the glameow's backs.
glameow2.gifglameow4.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

glameow.gif.2849a9c9e0fab347256a428dcad33c7c.gifglameow.gif.785455cc1d18d62107f2b69c444940c6.gif

@theSLAYER, sad, well dont worry, im with backsprites

thanks!

Also apparently looking at this page, the pkparaiso's fighting and fire type Arceus are not the same.
They seem similar because the colors seem duller as compared to your captures,
but the dark stripes on their body are actually differently colored, showing they aren't the same