Gen 4 Events flagged as illegal

umbreon86

Hi all

I've been injecting some Gen 4 event Pokemon into my HeartGold game and PKHex is flagging three of them as illegal.

The three are all Japanese and they are the Concert Chatot, Sunday Tropius and Eevee Collection Eevee. All have the same error "Invalid: Ability does not match PID".

The Ability they have matches the one Bulbapedia and this site's description says they should have. PKHex flags them as legal if I change the ability to that Pokemon's other ability.

For example, Concert Chatot "should" have Keen Eye, but is only legal in PKHex with Tangled Feet.

Is this an error with PKHex or is Bulbapedia wrong? Or possibly something else?

I've tested it with both .PCD and .WC4 files and the same error.

Thanks

George

On 04/02/2018 at 9:25 PM, Sabresite said:

I think it might be possible the PID doesn't match the ability legally. I'll look into it when I get time granted @Kaphotics doesn't jump in first.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean that Nintendo fudged the Pokemon so it had a set ability but then forgot to give it a PID that matched? Or vice-versa of course.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:01 PM, theSLAYER said:

Ability capsule would swap their abilities around. 

I don't think ability capsule existed in Gen 5.

I am not sure of the issue since the PID and ability is fixed. If you generate using the mystery gift database, is it legal, and does it have the correct or incorrect ability?

19 hours ago, Sabresite said:

I don't think ability capsule existed in Gen 5.

I am not sure of the issue since the PID and ability is fixed. If you generate using the mystery gift database, is it legal, and does it have the correct or incorrect ability?

The Chatot and Eevee from the database have the same error. Weirdly, the Tropius from the database and the .pcd/.wc4 has two errors:

Invalid: Unable to match to a Mystery Gift in the database.
Invalid: Ability does not match PID.
===

Valid Move 1: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 2: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 3: Learned by TM/HM.
Valid Move 4: Learned by Level-up.

Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: Gender matches PID.
Valid: Nature matches PID.
===

Encounter Type: Invalid (Tropius)
PID Type: None

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

What version? This should have been fixed in the newest PKHex.

Yes, I'm using the newest version. The interesting thing is that if I open the .pk4 file (in this case, the Concert Chatot) in a SM/USUM save, it is "legal". If I open it in a HeartGold save, it is flagged as "illegal".

On 3/24/2018 at 9:21 AM, TonsofPuppies said:

Yes, I'm using the newest version. The interesting thing is that if I open the .pk4 file (in this case, the Concert Chatot) in a SM/USUM save, it is "legal". If I open it in a HeartGold save, it is flagged as "illegal".

Make sure the game origin is correct? I don't have an HG save to test.

4 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Make sure the game origin is correct? I don't have an HG save to test.

As noted by the OP in this thread, this has nothing to do with the origin game. It's merely certain event Pokemon (Concert Chatot, Sunday Tropius as examples) being flagged as illegal for having a PID that doesn't match their nature. Basically, if you change their natures to the opposite one, then they are legal. These Pokemon have fixed PIDs, so it's almost as if it was an oversight by Nintendo. They gave them a fixed PID that doesn't match the nature they chose. I'm assuming the issue here is that PKHeX was not programmed to overlook this oversight, which is why they're flagged as illegal. I understand how busy the contributors such as yourself are here, but if you'd like to take a quick look to see what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at the save file that I've attached below. Thanks!

POKEMON HG.0.sav

3 hours ago, TonsofPuppies said:

As noted by the OP in this thread, this has nothing to do with the origin game. It's merely certain event Pokemon (Concert Chatot, Sunday Tropius as examples) being flagged as illegal for having a PID that doesn't match their nature. Basically, if you change their natures to the opposite one, then they are legal. These Pokemon have fixed PIDs, so it's almost as if it was an oversight by Nintendo. They gave them a fixed PID that doesn't match the nature they chose. I'm assuming the issue here is that PKHeX was not programmed to overlook this oversight, which is why they're flagged as illegal. I understand how busy the contributors such as yourself are here, but if you'd like to take a quick look to see what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at the save file that I've attached below. Thanks!

POKEMON HG.0.sav

Oh the ability thing. I see. I'll look into it when I get time. Or Kaphotics can fix it.

4 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Oh the ability thing. I see. I'll look into it when I get time. Or Kaphotics can fix it.

Thanks a bunch. Keep in mind also that it only happens in Gen IV saves. In a Gen VII save, they show up as legal, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Already fixed in the latest commits

Gen 6+ have the ability capsule which allows ability changing, which is why the message didn't appear on recent generation saves.

Awesome news. Also thanks for the explanation of the issue. Keep it up, Kap! You're doing God's work.