Pokemon XD: starter eevee unable to match encounter to RNG frame

rinnegan

So I used admiral fish's rng reporter fork to find a legit PID/IV/Nature combination for my eevee and i used his TID/SID manipulation feature to find a TID/SID that would make my eevee shiny, and i found the combination. However, PKHeX (using the latest 9/05/17 version) flags my eevee as illegal for an inability to match the encounter to an RNG frame. I've posted my eevee below, and I'm just looking for some insight as to why this is. Is this is a mistake in PKHeX that needs to be corrected, an error in the RNG reporter program or is it an error on my part for not understanding how xd starter eevee is generated? I used the gales/colo method with no pokemon checked on admiral fish's rng reporter to find the spread, which I believe is the right one. Thanks for any advice in advance.

@Kaphotics @Admiral_Fish

133 ★ - EEVEE - BAAE53505668.xk3

Thanks for the reply. I see, so that's why this problem was confounding me.

From what I can tell, I can't really search for an ID based on seed, so is it even possible to generate a good spread for a starter eevee that's not even shiny? When I try applying a generated spread without manipulating the TID/SID the same problem occurs as before, so I suppose, like you said, that means i have to find a TID/SID which matches the spread correctly.

I'm just wondering if that's something I need to find through trial and error or if there is a more efficient way of doing it.

Edited by rinnegan

After grappling with this question for a day or so, I managed the solve the mystery of how to create a legal TID/SID for XD starter eevee with a desired PID/spread. i realized this when I decided to reread @Tux 's pokemon xd/colosseum legal guide and try to find a pid with xdseed. After reading through the thought occured to me to use the pokemon colosseum starter legit checker python script found here  https://github.com/TuxSH/PkmGCTools/wiki/A-guide-on-how-to-make-legal-Colosseum-or-XD-Pokémon    on eevee, even though it wasn't suggested in the guide, because the method of generation is around the same. Sure enough, after entering my desired PID, and selecting Umbreon as the pokemon I want the PID to apply to (I'm not sure it matters which one I select, but I'll just mention that), I found a TID/SID that made my desired PID eevee legal on PKhex

The question I still have is how did @Collector Togami manage to obtain a shiny eevee starter? Right now it seems like pure luck, but I have to imagine there is some way of calculating a legal shiny PID/TID/SID combination for starter eevee given than he rnged it. On TuxSH's guide, umbreon and espeon are said to not able to be shiny, but somehow this eevee is. I wonder why.

Also @Kaphotics I found a bug in PKHeX where the legality checker reports the PID as mismatched just because there's an invalid move. I'm not sure if there's some good reason for that recognition (e.g. an event pokemon with an exclusive move that has to correspond to a special pid), or if it's something that needs to be updated.

133 - EEVEE - BB9379B66955.xk3

Edited by rinnegan

since the calls are successive, the IDs and PID/IV are tied together.

if that searcher doesn't have a searcher for what you're looking for, you'll have to modify it / build a new one.

PKHeX was updated to list the expected IDs for CXD starters, and I've just committed a fix for that double-flag message.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/ddf55ee75acc3e7352782457530f9b4cce284ae5

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/1769bcd30663bb2b88bd42d8154769dfd2f48d04

Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

• Like 2

@Kaphotics so I was curious about the double flag legality error update, so I downloaded the build with that fix from teamcity, and while the error on my xd eevee was fixed where it only showed it had an invalid move, I found that on my pokemon ruby save, the error persisted where the PID is still flagged for having an invalid move.

254 - SCEPTILE - EED2878ECC52.xk3

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, english09 said:

For some reason when I type the desired ID and SID into that python script for checking the legality of the umbreon/espeon it just closes out the window. Any idea what the issue could be?

I had the same issue when I first used it, but I found I could run it properly by opening it in a command prompt window. Also I believe the latest PKHeX update makes the script unnecessary, since if you place a valid colosseum/xd PID/IV combination for umbreon/espeon/eevee, it'll show you the correct TID/SID for the starters, as Kaphotics already mentioned above.

• 2 months later...

How would I run the script I obtained from that github link? as far as Espeon and Umbreon go for Colosseum? I want to give Espeon and Umbreon 31 IVs in all stats for story mode only and make PKhex read it as legitimate  I don't play competitively.

Edited by GrandGizzard