[Legality Error] Korean Ranger Manaphy does not exist

BlackShark

9 hours ago, Lum said:

To be honest, I haven't actually tried linking Ranger to a Korean game to confirm a lockout there.

Do you own Korean Pokemon carts? Cause I've been trying to find them and it's damn impossible!

There's a difference between "legit" and "legal" as well though, right? Could it be said that an egg could be injected and it would be "legal" but not entirely legit?

PKHeX doesn't check region for legality. Take this as an example:

Spoiler

59a7a1320f9ae_Sinttulo.png.878113def4e96780c14b890ec8731deb.png

This is the デセルシティ (Desert City) Arceus from the 18th movie. It's exclusive to Japan, but if I set it as american, or whichever other region I want, it's still gonna be flagged as legal.

25 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

There's a difference between "legit" and "legal" as well though, right? Could it be said that an egg could be injected and it would be "legal" but not entirely legit?

There's a difference, but it's not like that.

Take the same example from above, if I change its region back to japanese, it's completely legal, since it meets the requirements to be so. But it's not legit, since I genned it.

So, for short:

• Legal: A Pokémon whose data is obtainable within the games. A legal Pokémon may or may not be legit (I.E: You catch Kyogre, but it turns out to be adamand, so you go and change its nature to a better one, such as modest; since it is possible for a caught Kyogre to be modest, it is still legal, but since you edited it, it's not legit anymore).
  • Legit: A completely unedited Pokémon. Legit Pokémon are always legal. Even if a legal Pokémon it not legit, it's usually safe to use it online, since as far as I know there's no way to tell wheter a legal Pokémon is actually legit, doesn't really matter.
Edited by Ruby Genseki

49 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Do you own Korean Pokemon carts? Cause I've been trying to find them and it's damn impossible!

Nope, I don't own them.

Korean Gen 4 games can ONLY trade with Korean Gen 4 games. For a Ranger egg, or in fact any Manaphy hatched from said egg to be legit or legal to possess in any Korean Gen 4 game, would require that Ranger officially supports linking to Korean games.

Edited by Lum