Sign in to follow this  
jojo12100

Pokemon Go compatibility and GenII VC

7 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Well as we said earlier, Gen I doesn't record met/capture data, so other than them blocking all Mews that don't match their official one, there shouldn't be any way to block or determine which game a pokemon came from. Unless there's some moves that a certain pokemon can learn in Gen II that they can't in Gen I, and that move exists in Gen I, then maybe it'll block it as a hack. I don't know how well Poke Transporter's Gen I hack filter is though, other than the Mew thing.

So for example, if you trade a Magikarp from Gen II to Gen I, it has no way to determine which game it came from. As the game IDs don't exist in these games, only added to the pokemon's data by Pokemon Transporter, all it shows is that it was traded from another game based of the OT/TID, not which game. If you send it through Transporter, it'll treat it as a pokemon from RGBY.

Yes,you're right, my bad, during my tests I have a wild Pidgey (which moveset was changed during gen2) and a wild Dragonair (which still don't pass don't know why).

But researches still need to be done about the update of Pokemon Transporter.

Just now, jojo12100 said:

Yes,you're right, my bad, during my tests I have a wild Pidgey (which moveset was changed during gen2) and a wild Dragonair (which still don't pass don't know why).

But researches still need to be done about the update of Pokemon Transporter.

They're gonna have to release another Transporter update anyway. From what I understand, it's only checking legality based off Pokemon Yellow, so a lot of completely legit stuff won't pass right now. Not to mention their awful mistake with shininess.

Still, there's no record of game origin in Gen I games, so Gen II pokemon are treated as Gen I, and will pass as long as long as it has a legal Gen I moveset. I can't remember if there are any cases where a Gen I pokemon in Gen II can learn moves that exist in Gen I, but aren't part of their Gen I moveset. Depending on the quality of Transport's hack filter, a case like this shouldn't theoretically pass.

3 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

They're gonna have to release another Transporter update anyway. From what I understand, it's only checking legality based off Pokemon Yellow, so a lot of completely legit stuff won't pass right now. Not to mention their awful mistake with shininess.

Still, there's no record of game origin in Gen I games, so Gen II pokemon are treated as Gen I, and will pass as long as long as it has a legal Gen I moveset. I can't remember if there are any cases where a Gen I pokemon in Gen II can learn moves that exist in Gen I, but aren't part of their Gen I moveset. Depending on the quality of Transport's hack filter, a case like this shouldn't theoretically pass.

Yes it is. Example: Tackle for Pidgey (lol) or Aurora Beam for Lapras.

Edited by jojo12100

Just now, jojo12100 said:

Yes it is. Example: tackle for Pidgey (lol) or Aurora Beam for Lapras.

If you can send me that Dragonair via PM or in this thread, I can try to see what's keeping it from transferring. I have nothing better to do at the moment.

@jojo12100 That's because you can't have a level 10 Dragonair in Gen I. Normally only evolved from Dratini at level 30, but can be caught at level 15 in Yellow. Set the level to 15 or higher and it should transfer. I guess you previously modified the level to 10, since it can only be level 30 or over in GSC.

Edit: if you want it to be like it was legally traded from Gen II, just set it back at level 30 or higher. Your problem is only that it was level 10, and needs to be 15 or higher to be legit in Gen I.

Edited by Deoxyz

9 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

@jojo12100 That's because you can't have a level 10 Dragonair in Gen I. Normally only evolved from Dratini at level 30, but can be caught at level 15 in Yellow. Set the level to 15 or higher and it should transfer. I guess you previously modified the level to 10, since it can only be level 30 or over in GSC.

Edit: if you want it to be like it was legally traded from Gen II, just set it back at level 30 or higher. Your problem is only that it was level 10, and needs to be 15 or higher to be legit in Gen I.

It can be fished at lv10 in GSC that's why it is at this level but yes you're right the lowest level possible in Gen 1 is 15.

Edited by jojo12100

17 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

It can be fished at lv10 in GSC that's why it is at this level but yes you're right the lowest level possible in Gen 1 is 15.

Serebii disagrees, but Bulbapedia does show level 10 when caught on Route 45.

Regardless, it must be 15 or higher to be legit in Gen I, so make it 15 or higher if you trust Bulbapedia about level 10 in Gen II. Otherwise, make it 30 or higher. Idk who's wrong.

Edit: If you know you caught it at level 10, then Bulbapedia is correct.

Edited by Deoxyz

8 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Serebii disagrees, but Bulbapedia does show level 10 when caught on Route 45.

Regardless, it must be 15 or higher to be legit in Gen I, so make it 15 or higher if you trust Bulbapedia about level 10 in Gen II. Otherwise, make it 30 or higher. Idk who's wrong.

Edit: If you know you caught it at level 10, then Bulbapedia is correct.

Just fished.

Draco.PNG

• Like 2

According to Serebii.net ThePokemonCompany and Nintendo are looking into creating a device to aid Pokemon GO safely.

I think that this device will be important for the compatibility between Go and Sun/Moon/Stars