List of shiny locks

Soniktts

Hi all, 

Hopefully some of the larger researchers can assist me here. I'm wondering if there is a compiled list of Generation V shiny locks available. I've done a few searches and I can't find much other than the legendaries. 

To be more specific, I want to know which Pokémon in the game have been coded to never be shiny. 

Gift Pokémon (Hidden ability Eevee, Deerling & normal Magikarp, elemental monkeys etc) are inconsistent. I believe that the gift HA Eevee has been locked yet the Jellicent with its HA hasn't. 

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks, 

20 minutes ago, Soniktts said:

Gift Pokémon (Hidden ability Eevee, Deerling & normal Magikarp, elemental monkeys etc) are inconsistent. I believe that the gift HA Eevee has been locked yet the Jellicent with its HA hasn't.

That's likely because Jellicent isn't a gift; it's found in the wild as an interaction encounter (it seems that common interactable wild creatures aren't shiny locked)
Hidden Grotto Pokemon are shiny locked.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2017 at 1:14 PM, theSLAYER said:

That's likely because Jellicent isn't a gift; it's found in the wild as an interaction encounter (it seems that common interactable wild creatures aren't shiny locked)
Hidden Grotto Pokemon are shiny locked.

That's good to know. Thank you for your advice, makes a lot of sense. 

How is it that GameFreak install shiny locks? Could you explain precisely what a shiny lock does (in terms of numbers/coding etc). If I understand correctly the recent hack on the site meant a lot of posts where lost from before circa 2014 but I'm struggling to find anything. 

Thanks, 

9 minutes ago, Soniktts said:

That's good to know. Thank you for your advice, makes a lot of sense. 

How is it that GameFreak install shiny locks? Could you explain precisely what a shiny lock does (in terms of numbers/coding etc). If I understand correctly the recent hack on the site meant a lot of posts where lost from before circa 2014 but I'm struggling to find anything. 

Thanks, 

I don't know the exact details,
but to my understanding it basically checks if the PID generates a shiny, and if it does, call for a different PID.

So basically it's hardcoded in the game whether an encounter is allowed to be shiny.

15 hours ago, Sabresite said:

I looked on Smogon at the RNG research to see if there is documentation the mechanics of Gen 5 gifts and shiny locks but didn't find anything.  If anyone has links, I would love to collate that for legality analysis too. :)

It would appear that the HA Pokémon without overworld sprites have the standard xor PID check in place. (Eevee, Deerling as well as Zorua). 

The other standard gift Pokemon without overworld sprites such Happiny (egg) and Magikarp do not have this in place. 

• 1 year later...